No Shows for...

Pete

Well said.

This BS drives me nuts... equally so when guys to it to the ladies or on the very few occaisions a lady has done it to me. At the VERY least people, have the courtesy to call. Otherwise: So low class, rude, and disrespectful.

Alley Allure- from Ottawa CERB MEMBER.

I would like to say to the 2 idiots that were booked yesterday with Alley here in Ottawa and then of course both pulled the no show, did not even call! bull shit!

1 guy for an 1 hour session the other for 2 hours! Boys that is 300 x 3 hours of loss time/and her revenues! Simply said- you pair of a-holes!

If Mod removes my comment, about you 2, I can live with that, but the fact remains you have only further messed up your chances with other ladies, if Alley puts anything out to other SP's.

She did give me 1 of your CERB handles here, and you know what, you are exactly the individual bonehead that gives all the rest of us legit members a bad rap. I will not give out your name, but you know who you are, so come clean!

Furthermore, if you had any common courtesy you would explain yourself to her as why! Give her apology, give her something for her loss time!

A few people have mentioned that Ottawa is particularly bad for no-shows. Does anyone have any theories as to why this is so? What makes Ottawa worse than other places? Do we have more wannabe hobbyists who are changing their mind at the last minute, or are the no-shows more often regular hobbyists that have other issues?

I've had 6-8 no shows this week..but I managed to fill almost all the spots and Tues, Wed and Fri were almost booked solid (after booking more during the day)...This is getting to be pathetic..thankfully I was lucky and still had a successful tour! I hope that Alley had a successful tour even with the no shows...I hope she was able to make up for it in the end!

A few people have mentioned that Ottawa is particularly bad for no-shows. Does anyone have any theories as to why this is so? What makes Ottawa worse than other places? Do we have more wannabe hobbyists who are changing their mind at the last minute, or are the no-shows more often regular hobbyists that have other issues?

I don't want to comment on Alley's week as I don't know her particular situation.

I will say that having my first tour here and it being Dec. (a typical 'wind down' the projects time at work) I'd say the cancellations and reschedules I had were well within reason. I still have my calendar for my 'real work' job last year, and having 20% more meetings per week for the first week of Dec. at the SP job than at the 'Real Work' job same time last year I actually had 35% more cancellations and reschedules at the 'Real Work' job last year.

I personally am not at all bothered by the cancellations and reschedules, they tend to happen in the daytime, work happens and we all know that. So for me I know if I book myself heavily in the daytime during the weekdays I know that I am greatly increasing my chances of a reschedule, especially if I have not built my client relationship - since this was my first tour that's pretty hard to do. So having 3-4 cancellations in a week is well within acceptable limits.

SP's work with this understanding and they schedule accordingly, we understand that our clients have other obligations and that they may on occasion may not be able to attend appointments. Like in all businesses it's not a good accounting practice to report your profits before you've actually earned them, the girls need to ensure that they do the same. ;)

I don't want to comment on Alley's week as I don't know her particular situation.

I will say that having my first tour here and it being Dec. (a typical 'wind down' the projects time at work) I'd say the cancellations and reschedules I had were well within reason. I still have my calendar for my 'real work' job last year, and having 20% more meetings per week for the first week of Dec. at the SP job than at the 'Real Work' job same time last year I actually had 35% more cancellations and reschedules at the 'Real Work' job last year.

I personally am not at all bothered by the cancellations and reschedules, they tend to happen in the daytime, work happens and we all know that. So for me I know if I book myself heavily in the daytime during the weekdays I know that I am greatly increasing my chances of a reschedule, especially if I have not built my client relationship - since this was my first tour that's pretty hard to do. So having 3-4 cancellations in a week is well within acceptable limits.

SP's work with this understanding and they schedule accordingly, we understand that our clients have other obligations and that they may on occasion may not be able to attend appointments. Like in all businesses it's not a good accounting practice to report your profits before you've actually earned them, the girls need to ensure that they do the same. ;)

I know I totally respect someone that has to cancel and let's me know or reshedules..that is not the problem..I had three to five cancellations this week no more then usual, but the problem is NO SHOWS!!

Obviously any girl that is smart knows that you can never count on make any amount of money before a tour, which means if you can not afford to cover flights, hotels, and other expenses BEFORE the tour then touring is a huge risk. I could not imagine having to hope and pray that I could cover my costs...what happens if you cannot? Thats probably why usually only large agencies or very estabished SP's tour seriously and regularly..they can afford the risk!

I cannot comment on Alleys week either, however I can comment on my own, and as someone who has toured to almost every major city in Canada...this week and Ottawa of late is falling back into the old habits of tons of no shows, like I said I was VERY FORTUNATE that for almost every no show I was able to book another session to make up for it. What happens when it's not me someone who knows Ottawa and is able to cover these things..they have wasted there time and hard earned money...Then it will end up just like it used to be, that Ottawa was known for no show and no one toured here.

I hope that these guys will stop this nonsense...For everyones sake, pooners and SP's. I find it to be even worse when it's a board member that no show..as SP's we count on board members being dependable. I cannot imagine what someone could gain from making an appointment that they have no plan on keeping!

Kyra,

I fully understand that you ladies may have your cancellations, but not showing up at all after confirmation is acceptable?

In no means did Alley come out saying/stating this issue, I had asked her "How was Ottawa treating her" she was quite pleased but stated the 2 no-shows were a downer for 1st day, + she had issues with the Hotel with reservation.

I'm of the opinion she was not reporting her loss of profits but merely telling me "How Ottawa was treating her".

This issue I had raised prior in another thread, gives alot more input from CERB members.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4737&highlight=shows

So having 3-4 cancellations in a week is well within acceptable limits.

If Mod removes my comment, about you 2, I can live with that, but the fact remains you have only further messed up your chances with other ladies, if Alley puts anything out to other SP's.

I am not pulling this... I keep telling everyone how much of a problem this is in Ottawa compared to the rest of the country. You guys who are doing this are making the ladies leave (and the visiting SP's are not coming back as often or at all)... also this DRIVES the hourly rates up as someone has to pay for that loss of time!! Only an idiot would use his CERB member name and then pull shit like this as the ladies will go into the SP ONLY area and let ALL the other ladies know about it!

I know this won't be the popular view but I just don't see it as a big issue. Every business has to deal with some level of it, the difference is that at what level we tolerate it and when dealing with an SP the level of privacy that is expected doesn't allow for the details that gives most that 'acceptable range'.

As far as how to avoid them, I've not really reviewed the entire Ottawa system to see who it happens to and who it doesn't but off the top of my head it seem that the traditional way of booking in Ottawa could use a revamp. If one modelled it in a way so as to assume all clients were CSuite, then you'd see a much greater flexibility and would be aware of potential conflicts before they arose.

I cannot speak for everyone but I prepare for these types of issues, one should factor in a certain percentage of no show, cancellation and reschedule and block time accordingly, it's the business side that the girls need to know. :)

it seem that the traditional way of booking in Ottawa could use a revamp. If one modelled it in a way so as to assume all clients were CSuite, :)

I guess we learn something new everyday. What is Csuite and it would be interesting to know more about your suggestion for changing the booking system.

As for no show I know they will always exist, same for cancellations and that goes both ways, however it gets more frustrating when it comes from CERB members as some of us are trying very hard to keep CERB SP friendly and have tried to build a good reputation. It is like we feel being a CERB member, you should have some ethics and if for some reason you are a no show for an appointment, at least provide an explanation soonest.

Hey maybe we should build a CERB member Ethics principles list and have newbies read it and acknowledge our principles before they can become a member.

Its a huge problem I am also getting rather frustrated by it. In addition to all the emails asking questions that can easyly be answered via review board.

If you cancel on an SP, just dont make it a habit...

Negative finger pointing does not bode well for any circumstance. No shows and cancellations are a two way street.

In my experiences, I have had only one occasion where I had to cancel. I did my best to advise in advance as soon as possible. However, I have been stood up on more occasions than I care to elaborate about. I simply move to Plan B.

Sp's and clients alike are people and were all busy with many things on the go. If the appointment is made do you best to Honor. If you are unable for reasons beyond your control; Communicate to the respective as soon as possible. No communication is not acceptable and is disrespectful.

In any business you're going to have reschedules, cancellations and no shows on both sides. The first two should be expected on occasion, but a no show is unacceptable behaviour and a complete disrespect to an SP/Company or a client.

I've had SP's reschedule, be unprepared for an incall and on a couple of occasions a no show. I've always found that communication is the key. I appreciated the SP contacting me to reschedule as it showed respect for me as a client. I informed the no shows that it was not appreciated and left it at that.

Whether you're a member on CERB or not please show some respect for these ladies. They have a business to run like any other and deserve the respect. If you can't keep an appointment please call and reschedule or cancel, well in advance. I'm sure you would appreciate the same respect in any line of work you're in.

I'm puzzled why you would get emails/pm's from guys here on CERB when you have had over 12,000 views on your recommendations...freaking amazing..that guys still ask questions! BTW Paige..I will need to say Merry Christmas to you in person very soon!

Its a huge problem I am also getting rather frustrated by it. In addition to all the emails asking questions that can easyly be answered via review board.

If you cancel on an SP, just dont make it a habit...

I'm puzzled why you would get emails/pm's from guys here on CERB when you have had over 12,000 views on your recommendations...freaking amazing..that guys still ask questions! BTW Paige..I will need to say Merry Christmas to you in person very soon!

I would say that is because some people join but are not involved in the business. They just want to get details so they can dream. They should buy Playboy or Penthouse.

If they can't read recommendations you can guess what is their percentage of being a no show.

If only they would realize that the ladies are busy. Wonder how they feel when they get calls about polls, etc... and having people waste your time????

I also believe that reschedules and no shows are a part of the business (I rescheduled with you, and thanks for yesterday morning mmm). The question is Ottawa vs the rest of the country, for some reason we have this reputation for being the no show capital of Canada. In your experience vs TO are we that much worse?

Also if the ladies want to minimize no shows they should work on and encourage a regular clientele, I would imagine that an SP like Cat would have far less no shows than someone new to the business.

I know this won't be the popular view but I just don't see it as a big issue. Every business has to deal with some level of it, the difference is that at what level we tolerate it and when dealing with an SP the level of privacy that is expected doesn't allow for the details that gives most that 'acceptable range'.

As far as how to avoid them, I've not really reviewed the entire Ottawa system to see who it happens to and who it doesn't but off the top of my head it seem that the traditional way of booking in Ottawa could use a revamp. If one modelled it in a way so as to assume all clients were CSuite, then you'd see a much greater flexibility and would be aware of potential conflicts before they arose.

I cannot speak for everyone but I prepare for these types of issues, one should factor in a certain percentage of no show, cancellation and reschedule and block time accordingly, it's the business side that the girls need to know. :)

I agree that no-shows are unacceptable - How hard is it to call or email if you cannot make it. Maybe there are some people who like to do this for kicks and just make bookings with no plan to show up?? I am in sales so it is very hard for me to predict my schedule beyond a day or two so several times I have had to reschedule or cancel but I always call or email the day before or rarely the day of. But I guess this is part of the business. Life and shit happens. I have also had SPs do a no-show on me without calling. So I have ended up sitting in my car or even on occasion walking to a hotel room and then feeling like an idiot when no one answers. Of course there was the one occasion when I was knocking on the right door in the wrong hotel last winter and then finding out when I got back to my computer that I made a mistake!! I immediately called and apologized and then rescheduled. Had a good laugh over that one!

In Ottawa now i pretty much have an established clientele..but i did in the past have a problem with cancellations,no-shows and the like.

So what i do now if i do not know someone i will email or phone them back to confirm. If i get a gut feeling they are just playing around i will book someone else...Guys who call from a pay-phone in most cases i do not take seriously...guys that try to book with a blocked number i do not take seriously. So these guys think they are getting one over on me when they really are not.

I always give a cerb member priority and check to see how many posts etc they have made...there are ways to cut back on no shows but you just have to have patience. You could always ask them for a referral from another provider that's what i do in NYC..it works every time...if they give then they are serious if they do not chances are they are playing. Just remember to email the provider and check them out...

don't worry guys we don't go into detail when someone asks us for a recommend we usually just say "yes he safe"

kisses,

Emma A

Cancellations and reschedules are a part of any business, it happens to me in my various jobs, where people have to cancel or reschedule and i try my best to avoid doing it to clients and colleagues, but it happens. But no shows are unacceptable, it's just plain irresponsible and socially unacceptable to book an appointment and then not show up and then not even follow up to apologize.

What's equally offensive is that members of CERB are doing the no shows, in my opinion that's clearly an abuse of their membership here. They are abusing the privilege of direct access with the providers, who often provide discounts and treats for CERB members, the A-holes who book with their CERB handle and then no-show ruin it all for the loyal, honest and trustworthy members who've helped grow this community. Providers will stop offering extra hugs, or discounted pre bookings if this continues.

Honestly I think there should be some means of suspension or infraction in place for the A-hole members who pull these stunts. I know it would be hard to police and difficult to enforce but it just pisses me off that Ottawa has a bad rap for no-shows when there are plenty of decent guys out there who don't pull these stunts but in the end, wind up paying for them.

• Like 2

Guest f***2f***

I think at the least the name of the no show artist should be given to the mod and a msg asking for an explanation should go out.....and of course a note of apology to the sp.

What these knuckle heads don't seem to get is that they just cost a beautiful lady close to $1000 (not chicken feed) because she could have booked someone else to occupy her time...that money could have paid her flight and her room fees....is she going to come back if she keeps getting this kind of aggravation?

I know the local ladies have the same worries. Thanks giving weekend Mia was totally bummed cause she had 3 in a row!! One of them was a regular and a Cerbite too!

I was the unlucky 4th man in and she was livid when I arrived....it took me half and hour to calm her down and sweeten her disposition (it was tough work but someone had to do it).

She used to voice similar views to those of Paige ref the stupid emails, pms and questions too....which you'll probably never be able to solve.....there is no shortage of stupid people with stupid quesitons out there (and poor research skills):-x

Honestly I think there should be some means of suspension or infraction in place for the A-hole members who pull these stunts. I know it would be hard to police and difficult to enforce but it just pisses me off that Ottawa has a bad rap for no-shows when there are plenty of decent guys out there who don't pull these stunts but in the end, wind up paying for them.

Agree That would certainly deter non serious people.

It can be really frustrating when an SP doesn't show. I've been left holding the bag (literally) three times in the past 10 days. If SP's only show for people they know as Dreamgirl suggests, we would not have any "new" experiences and isn't that what we are all here for.

Guest **g*or***

Since we obviously don't see what's on the SP only board for bad dates, et al, I don't know if this is already being done. If not, maybe the Mods could put this in place - a Mod sticky post with known idiot Cerbites who pulled this? Maybe it's too harsh, or not harsh enough...either way, at least the ladies on that board about guys they could skip....

hello all ,

i would like to ad, Alley are a great SP and are very reliable on all part.

If i know this is because my brother and i have work with her for few tour in the west coast taking care of her booking.

Yes Ottawa have this " pathetic " problem of no show .

But if i can give her an advice is to continue to come often 2 days per week or per 2 week and she going to build a solid regular custumers in less then 60 days.

is very boring to say that but Ottawa ask this sacrifice of no show if you want to succeed, because ' This kind of hassel happen lots ' in the begining you visite the city.

But with more trip she going to realise is the same phone number come week after week and she going to be able to block him at the next visite.

We tour in regular basis Ottawa and with the volume of girls we send we have get and advantage to grow fast a litlle black list of no show .

another thing Lots of them are make by the same " ROMANOV " ( nick name changing is voice but calling and give all the time differente phone number.

he going to try to you call back one time and keep is number in bank like this he can book next time from a public phone. he going to try again by email by request cannot be reach by phone only by email.

I can speack for an agency touring, the pression is very excessive when this happen and most the boring part is to call our models and informed them is a no show............

BUT too much good friends around here going to make her forget about all this ASSH**Le.

See you in Toronto Alley and dont forget dont give up Ottawa for this kind of hassel, is only one trip on how many month you tour all north america baby ?

You are hot and we love you Alley .

have a great day all .

John OGFE