I am a little leary to make this post as I am not a cry baby,or a push over ,at least not any more,but I have a new member emailing me threats and demands.I have contacted the mod,forwarded the message,there have been 3 so far,2 are disturbing,the mod has yet to reply,this was this afternoon,a little lost at what to do?Any ideas?

The situation has been resolved ,thanks again to those who reached out.

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 1

Guest Ou**or**n

Just keep reporting them to mod, don't reply and delete them. Take some time away if they are disturbing. Mod isn't around 24x7 but will deal with it swiftly when he is back.

Also make sure you use the 'Report Abuse' link at the top of the PM as this gets Mod's attention faster than a PM.

I have a new member emailing me threats and demands.I have contacted the mod,forwarded the message,there have been 3 so far,2 are disturbing,the mod has yet to reply,this was this afternoon,a little lost at what to do?Any ideas?

It's cyberspace so ignore him (beyond the steps you have already taken). As long as you aren't worried about this person showing up in the real world you are untouchable. And if they do give you any real world trouble it's a police matter.

• Like 1

Hold tight Cristy, if you forwarded the messages to MOD you will get a reply. Abuse will not be tolerated.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I send you my love and good wishes for a fast resolution.

xoxo

• Like 1

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that you are being put through something as awful as this.

Whatever you do, don't delete the messages, ignore them but do keep reporting them to the mod, they will respond and take swift action.

Things like this definitely are not tolerated on this site, and the person in question will be taken care of my the mod.

If it persists, and you do feel this puts you in imminent danger, by all means, contact your local police.

Nothing you have done is wrong, but threats and demands are against the law, and just because the person is using an 'alias' (I assume) on here, the mod and police will be able to track it.

Keep your chin up, and we are all here to support you!

Sending happy thoughts and wishes your way,

Victoria

• Like 1

I am very very sorry to hear this! Booooo!

It is strange, cause I remember going through something like this when I first joined, so did Amelia Rodriquez, I wonder if it someone who gets their kicks by scaring new girls????? Hmmmm, How many other new girls go through it?

I am not saying they are totally connected, but maybe? The unfortunate thing is that if it is a new member....all they have to do is change handles.....So in the meantime, be sure you screen your clients carefully. As we all should do with diligences.Try not let it get the better of you though.

Hang in there, and I am sure this person will give up sooner or later! Stay safe hun:)

• Like 1

Save all the info- including pm's- on the jerk into a folder on your pc for posterity. Admin can get an IP on him, ban the member and, if necessary, ban the IP address. This will only work if he's using the same IP all the time. If it persists, LE may have to be involved. Needless to say, make sure all of the other Sp's have his info and MO. Town Council may want to consider posting his username on here (and possibly more info) so that his peers can completely ostracize hum. There is no place for this behavior. If the different boards share info and there is not more to this story, his IP could be banned from all review forums. Good luck and keep us posted.

Edit.....Oops, saw you've added that it has been resolved. Good stuff, but continue to be diligent.

Agree with cometman. Glad to hear this was resolved on cerb. Dont let clowns like this get into your head.

Best wishes.