Hi everyone! I am a new member interested in becoming a service provider but i would first like to get all of the information i can from both the women and the men : ) To the women, what is the right way to conduct your business and how what should one think about and decide if they are interested in becoming a service provider? To the men, I live in Truro and I was wondering if they was a high demand for service providers in such a small town. Its not something you here of around here often. Also to everyone I have noticed that mostly all of the high end service providers are all comfortable with showing their face in their pictures but many girls are not. Is this normal and to be expected or should them not be willing to show their face rise more questions? Thanks to all who can help! : )

Guest p**h*x

I would imagine a place like Truro would have a certain level of client base to draw from. There have been discussion threads from guys in Truro before so I would guess there is demand.

As for showing your face in pictures, I think a lot has to do with what you are comfortable with doing. I know of several well established ladies that don't show their face in pictures.

I think for those that do, it is probably because they have clearly made the choice that this is their career and it works for them. It's always nice to see from my perspective but it certainly is not necessary for me to make the decision to visit someone.

If you are just starting out maybe you should decide if you like being an SP first. You could end up regretting putting your face out there if you decide being an SP is not for you.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Welcome Missie!

Face pics are definitely not necessary. The best approach is to only publish information that you yourself are comfortable with having "out there". Both providers and clients must know how to be discreet, and no-one will fault you for having standards of discretion regarding photos - or anything else. This business is built around discretion, after all!

The same of course applies to everything else as well - what sort of services you'd like to offer, etc. Only offer what you are definitely comfortable with offering. And don't let anyone pressure you to do otherwise. There's a market for everything, and for every approach and preference.

And don't accept potential clients who seem pushy or who give you an uneasy feeling in any way. Screening out undesirable clients is essential - the ladies have many approaches to screening; choose a method that you feel confident with.

Your personal safety and well-being is always Job One.

The two fellas are correct in their contributions. NEVER let yourself be bullied, pressured into something you are not OK with. And be yourself and have fun. Money is nice but it is not the only thing important when being an SP or the clients who sees them. There are many wonderful Ladies who we enjoy their company, intellect, and attributes...:)))))

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I am a new member interested in becoming a service provider but i would first like to get all of the information i can from both the women and the men : ) To the women, what is the right way to conduct your business and how what should one think about and decide if they are interested in becoming a service provider? To the men, I live in Truro and I was wondering if they was a high demand for service providers in such a small town. Its not something you here of around here often. Also to everyone I have noticed that mostly all of the high end service providers are all comfortable with showing their face in their pictures but many girls are not. Is this normal and to be expected or should them not be willing to show their face rise more questions? Thanks to all who can help! : )

Hi Missie. Welcome!!! Being a service provider in a small town will no doubt have it's challenges (in fact I'm sure it does in one way or another anywhere). If this is your home town where your friends and family are then I think it safe to say that in such a small town it would have a very negative impact on you sooner or later no matter how careful you may be. It shouldn't be this way but it is.

If it is your home town or you have any significant number of friends or know people there, someone you know or that knows someone you know or even that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone will be looking to set up an appointment. Eventually someone will slip through any screening for this you may have until it's too late. This happens in the big cities also so of course it is a mathematical certainty in a small town. You would also run into clients (with their wives) when shopping for groceries and of course you would proceed like you had never met them, that's expected.

I know many of the ladies can give you lots of great advice, much better than me -- I only reply because I am from a small town and understand the everybody knows almost everybody else of a town the size of Truro. Lets assume it isn't your home town -- even walking down the street, two guys in a car, "hey there's the girl I was telling you about", the other says "Oh, I know her, she lives down the street or in the same apartment building as me", poof! you are outed. Which I see nothing wrong with (well they are wrong and shouldn't kiss and tell, that's wrong but they will) as long as you are ok with it.

You mention reluctance to show your face in pictures, so you must know people there in one way or another. Your "clients" will know you to see you. It isn't long (in a small town) before one of the conversations like outlined above happens and your next door neighbor knows, your hair dresser, the taxi drivers will all know of you quickly and who knows who they know (yes I once was a taxi driver in a small town, we knew who the service providers were back in the days when there were some).

I noticed the service providers here (in my small town, around the same size as Truro) are no more, yes, there are now none. We have a few very wonderful visitors from time to time and that is all.

Yes, I expect demand would be quite high in Truro, I know it would be where I live here, still keep in contact with a few of my taxi driver friends and there is simply nobody and lots of demand.

Note that I think being a service provider is the most honourable of vocations but I would not encourage or try to discourage you, it has to be your choice.

Edited by backrubman
Syntax

I would think it very difficult to be a service provider in a small town like Truro. You might want to get in touch with someone like redseductress, who is on the board and located in Carleton Place, also quite a small place. She might be able to provide some insight.

Porthos

thank you everyone for all of the great information! I do know a lot of people here so i thank you all for showing me a different way of looking at it because you are right it would only be a matter of time before i ran into someone i know. I am very interested in becoming a SP but didn't want to just jump into it without doing my research and making sure i know how to go about it the proper way. i do love meeting new people and believe that two strangers meeting each other and having a great time could be a wonderful experience for both parties. but i don't feel just jumping into this without knowing much would be very responsible or fair for potential clients. what are some good ways to screen clients as you explained in order to keep myself safe? Hoping there are some girls out there who can help me as well! Thanks again everyone : )

You are very wise to do your research before jumping in. I'm sure lots of the ladies on here can give you plenty of advise about screening clients. See Emily Rushton's "following instructions" thread.

Clients have different perspectives on "screening". Many don't like it, but I think many more appreciate that some degree of screening is necessary and important for the safety and security of the lady.

Many ladies now require a reference from at least one other provider. If someone is on a board like CERB you should ask for their handle, so that you can review their posts and get a sense of whether they are someone you'd like to see. Get a contact number and e-mail address that can be verified, but it is important not to ring that number unless you have the client's permission to do so. I think some back and forth e-mail and/or a phone conversation can also help you "get a sense" of the client.

I'm just thinking of some of the ladies on here who have verification procedures. Emily Rushton, Penelope, Katherine, Victoria Jolie, come to mind immediately, as well as a number of others. Take a look at their practices, and decide what you feel comfortable requiring. At the end of the day, always trust your instinct when booking clients.

• Like 1

You are very wise to do your research before jumping in. I'm sure lots of the ladies on here can give you plenty of advise about screening clients. See Emily Rushton's "following instructions" thread.

Clients have different perspectives on "screening". Many don't like it, but I think many more appreciate that some degree of screening is necessary and important for the safety and security of the lady.

Many ladies now require a reference from at least one other provider. If someone is on a board like CERB you should ask for their handle, so that you can review their posts and get a sense of whether they are someone you'd like to see. Get a contact number and e-mail address that can be verified, but it is important not to ring that number unless you have the client's permission to do so. I think some back and forth e-mail and/or a phone conversation can also help you "get a sense" of the client.

I'm just thinking of some of the ladies on here who have verification procedures. Emily Rushton, Penelope, Katherine, Victoria Jolie, come to mind immediately, as well as a number of others. Take a look at their practices, and decide what you feel comfortable requiring. At the end of the day, always trust your instinct when booking clients.

Very good advice porthos. Two things that have bugged me is the lady not PMing me here by my CERB handle to verify it is really me (could be anyone saying they are me) and I also have a really good relationship with some ladies such that I already have their permission to use them as a reference and they will hopefully contact me and let me know if some asks them about me (actually does check a reference check) -- and I know that in some cases references weren't checked. So the SP assumed that I had been honest about my CERB handle without verifying this to be so (bad) and also assumed that if I was willing to provide another lady as reference I must be Ok (bad).

I appreciate the ladies that do take the time to advise me they had an inquiry about me because if I didn't use them as a reference with the lady doing the inquiring then she needs to be warned right away.

I don't know if it is lazy, time pressures or assumptions but if they ask for this information and don't use it to do the checks someone will fool them sooner or later (it's been tried) and I value my reputation also.

Yes, this actually happened! I got a heads up in passing "oh btw, I just gave you a really great to reference to so and so". Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, red alert and alarm bells, I didn't name you as a reference to "so and so" and have no plans at this time to make an appointment with her - warn her at once and I will too! Very scary. I've posted about this before and even updated my profile with a warning, "PM to verify".

Fortunately in this case she was warned in time to abort the encounter. I did wonder just what kind of a deadbeat she would have met if this hadn't be caught (at best it would be a no-show but that doesn't help my reputation as I would never do that to someone) -- So ladies, please continue to warn me if you get an inquiry, if I really did name you as a reference I will send back my sincerest appreciation and gratitude for giving me a good reference and if I didn't, red alert! It's the only way to ensure the reference you just gave me is helpful and not harmful to the SP doing the inquiring.

CERB is great (and even powerful) in so many ways but this power can be used for evil. Just pick a nice review and note who it is written by. You can now (if you are evil) say you are the guy that wrote the review and use the lady that is being reviewed as a reference. So as long as the lady does her due diligence and PMs me (to verify) all is good.

Fortunately I now know enough very wonderful, supreme, awesome, incredible ladies that I'm rarely looking to meet someone new I haven't before but people do come and go and then there is the travel, if it is a city I don't often get to or my preferred date is unavailable, sometimes I do really need a dinner date for business purposes.

• Like 1

Thank you Missie for posting this and to everyone who replied. I had a friend suggest this site to me and gave me a little bit of "getting started" advice but not much specific information. I will be taking the advice on screening clients.

Hi Missie,

I hope that you're finding the information in this thread helpful. I think you've made the right choice by beginning your quest here on Cerb. You've found an upstanding, caring community with the wealth of information and knowledge that will aid you in the transition to becoming an SP, should you decide to do so.

Personally, I think it's great that there is a continuous influx of new ladies who are willing to try out a new career in the adult entertainment industry. It brings new voices to Cerb, along with new opinions, ideas etc. which helps keep the conversations here flowing.

I've always felt that it's a privilege to be able to see the Ladies of Cerb, and I'm grateful for their time and companionship. That said, I go to great lengths to treat everyone I see with the utmost courtesy and respect. I feel it's my role as a hobbyist to make the lady feel comfortable and "at home" for the time that she is with me. I basically do the same things to prepare for an appointment as I would for a real date in the civilian world.

I agree with everything in this thread so far... it's important to do your research beforehand, get a feel for the client, go through proper screening procedures and so forth. I might also suggest that if you're apprehensive about working in a small town, you may consider traveling to another location for "tours". For instance, if you were to visit Halifax for a week, it's likely that you wouldn't have to worry about running into someone you know.

Anyway, I hope you're beginning to feel more comfortable with the idea of taking the plunge, and I look forward to your contributions on Cerb. Take care...

Edited by drlove

I would love to have some service providers in Truro. I can understand the issues with a small town and the need for discretion.

Well you do have "one" Goddess. While she doesn't seem to make that her home base (which is wise) and travels a lot that this where she lives and she "may" see you in Truro (as her most recent ad for Halifax states). Just search the Nova Scotia Schedules and Announcements section for "Truro". You'll also find Truro gets some visitors from time to time also but I look at everyone that lives in Truro as lucky as it's only an hour to Halifax and lots of wonderful ladies there, Halifax is a 5 hour drive for me unless I am going there anyways on business and flying in as I often do. Of course out of all the cities in Canada, Ottawa is my favorite, so many friendly and classy choices.

I had family that lived in Truro at one point in time, so I know that it is a small town. It wouldn't take long before it would be known that you were known to be a SP by "mainstream society" (term I hate btw)...something you need to keep discrete in a lifestyle that demands the utmost in discretion and privacy. But you could tour to Halifax, it's only an hours drive away approx., and have your encounters there.

For photos, a head shot not necessary...you may be doing this short term, and go into another profession. Also airbrush out any tattoos etc, they can be unique to you. And whatever you decide, remember, once on the internet, it's there to stay

Safety and security. Have a verification procedure in place. If a guy doesn't wish to provide the requested information, he doesn't get to see you, no room for negotiation here. Most verification information, in my experience is full name (real name), verifiable phone number (I give my cell number plus phone provider) email address, and reference. I always contact the lady I'm using as a reference ahead of time out of courtesy. And your board handle, which the guy verifies by sending a pm to the lady.

And check the information the guy provides.

Some morning ramblings from this guy's perspective

RG

I am in a small town, Fredericton.

I have only been spotted one time, but in my town most of the population is not from here, as most are students and soldiers that come and go.My clientel is mainly older professional men, and if they see in public they certainly wont "out" me. Because of my age, I tend to get more men closer to my age as well. If you are young SP you may find you have more younger men...who may not have the maturity needed to be discrete.

Whereas you are new to the industry, I think you feel safer and more secure if you did not show your face?? I have been in the industry for a long time now and have mastered my screening process. But it took time to learn. Had I jumped in with face shoots and little wisdom on booking and screening I too may have risked "outing" myself.

The first priority is your safety and peace of mind! So do what feels right to you. Plenty of men also get intrigued with no face shoots;) Best of luck, If I can help in anyway, I am a PM away:)

• Like 1

That is great advise Porthos. I have never posted anything on here before and have been a new member for more than a year now. I think the only way to get a feel for someone is to look at what they have said in the past. I think you gave the best advise. Contact the other members for advise and to stick to your rules once you set them.