The Sun

Guest s**nflute

I have noticed the local Sun does not advertise as many massage parlors as in the past......down to 10 at best.....is there something I am doing wrong??

Many places aren't advertising there anymore, as the cost is very large, and the clientele brought in through that form of advertising is dwindling. The vast majority of clients these days look to online advertising first, so most places are focusing their advertising budgets in that area.

I agree with Cleo. When I started on CERB last year the first place I started looking was online. By going online I was able to get a better feel for the ladies through pictures, websites and posts. Newspaper ads don't give the level of connectivity as the Internet does.

The only consistent group reading and responding to local massage classifieds are, in mho, the 'out-of-towners'. Providers have a good idea where most of their clients come from, so they target their advertising efforts accordingly.

There is 20 ads in yesterday's paper....when we started advertising in 2000 there was 8 ad's then in 2006 it jumped up to 25-30 ad's....we are now ranging from 20-25 ad's per day :) There is 2 columns in the paper perhaps you missed a column?

I have noticed the local Sun does not advertise as many massage parlors as in the past......down to 10 at best.....is there something I am doing wrong??

It's a glitch of some sort. Set the category to "Adult" and leave the search field blank. All of the massage ads will appear, though not all together.

Speaking of the Sun, has anyone noticed ads for a new MP on Canotek Rd? I thought the city was trying to prevent new places opening up. Finally, has anyone been?

Speaking of the Sun, has anyone noticed ads for a new MP on Canotek Rd? I thought the city was trying to prevent new places opening up. Finally, has anyone been?

I think that Canotek Rd., being an industrial park is one of the few places in town where new MP's would be allowed to open. As I recall, the bylaw states that you can't setup a place within 1km of a residential area, so various parts of this industrial area are at least 1km away from any residential area.

Seems to me they still have a pretty good bunch of ads in the SUN. Now though there are many more ways to advertise both free and paid. Seems that one site starting with D is getting less traffic as I think they have started to charge. I suspect there's still a big demographic that isn't terribly active online but checks the SUN. 25 cents to pick it up on the ways to work or at coffee break gets a lot of eyeballs.

I think there are a few girls relying strictly on the SUN and they seem to survive.

Guest s**nflute
There is 20 ads in yesterday's paper....when we started advertising in 2000 there was 8 ad's then in 2006 it jumped up to 25-30 ad's....we are now ranging from 20-25 ad's per day :) There is 2 columns in the paper perhaps you missed a column?

That's exactly my point' date=' if you look at a hard copy you have 20-25 ad's per day however, if you look online you can read about 10. As you said, I though I missed a column and did a new Ottawa Search, Massage, Adult, within 15 km and that's all I get is about 10 ads. Is this a bean counter thing to make people buy a copy of the Sun? Can someone try and confirm my findings?

CHEERS!!

Additional Comments:

It's a glitch of some sort. Set the category to "Adult" and leave the search field blank. All of the massage ads will appear, though not all together.

Thanks DavidLetterman will give it a try!!

That's exactly my point, if you look at a hard copy you have 20-25 ad's per day however, if you look online you can read about 10. As you said, I though I missed a column and did a new Ottawa Search, Massage, Adult, within 15 km and that's all I get is about 10 ads. Is this a bean counter thing to make people buy a copy of the Sun? Can someone try and confirm my findings?

I did a search within 50 km (which I think is the default), and I got 35 ads just for massage yesterday. Now, I didn't enter my postal code or anything, I just took within 50 km of Ottawa in general.

Guest s**nflute
I did a search within 50 km (which I think is the default), and I got 35 ads just for massage yesterday. Now, I didn't enter my postal code or anything, I just took within 50 km of Ottawa in general.

That's what I must be doing wrong......I would reduce the search within 15 km. It use to work that way in the past.

just as a question to ask a question... wouldnt advertising in places like the sun bring alot more attention from LE? im not worried about walking into paradise or angels or anything, im just curious.

Zoro

Guest s**nflute
just as a question to ask a question... wouldnt advertising in places like the sun bring alot more attention from LE? im not worried about walking into paradise or angels or anything, im just curious.

Zoro

UH!! Paradise and Angels do advertise in the Sun. If not, their ads can be found in other areas. LE is not interested in the above.

Zoro

I think fear of the LE might now be a little overblown. There's already been a court case and an appeal that have pretty much made the LE irrelevant to these places now. The next step is the Supreme Court and if they follow along with the previous two cases, then the LE will have to find other things to look into. They may already be preparing for that eventuality and are now steering clear of these cases.