I started doing the spring cleaning yesterday, and it feels like I have gotten absolutely nowhere! It's amazing how much stuff one can accumulate over the span of 6 years. Found stuff I had completely forgotten about, and thrown out so much stuff it's just scary! In the process of doing so I remembered that yesterday was the 6th anniversary of arriving in Canada. Seems so long ago that I just shut my life down back in England and moved back to the land of my birth. I will say, it's certainly been a very interesting 6 years. Time is ticking towards the end of my time here, but still lots of time for some more fun! :D

Happy anniversary, Spud! I lived in England for five years a long time ago. I loved it there, but I'm glad to be in Canada.

Take a break from the spring cleaning. Maybe go and celebrate being here by, say, having High Tea somewhere?

Happy Easter, too!

Happy anniversary!

I grew up with a mother who could easily be on that show Hoarders. So I got myself into the habit of doing a bi-yearly junk out, major monthly cleaning (under the fridge/stove, washing out the cupboards, etc.). All this on top of my thorough weekly scrub-down.

It's cathartic to junk things out. And good for your health - physically, mentally and spiritually. And sometimes you come across a long-lost beloved item and it's sort of like Christmas! :)

Posted via Mobile Device

I've been doing lots of clearing out lately too. I've come across a few treasures that I had completely forgotten about. It makes the job worthwhile and kinda fun.

But mostly, I find myself thinking "Why were keeping all this crap?" while I fill up the garbage bags.

What I hate is that with all the concerns about identity theft, cleaning my home office now requires a few hours riding the paper shredder!

What I hate is that with all the concerns about identity theft, cleaning my home office now requires a few hours riding the paper shredder!

I hear you on that one!!!! I ended up with 9 huge bags of shredded paper! Completely insane if you ask me.

Firstly,happy anniversery,good to rid ourselves of what we don't use,donate it or toss it,but please do it responsibly.I do this a few times a year,as I am always shopping,sometimes carelessly buying things I'll never use and to embarrssed to return them,I don't know why but I find returning something soooo embarrassing.They say clutter affects a person in many negative ways,so good to get rid of all we don't use,and spring is the perfect time to do it.

Yesterday spent the afternoon getting some yardwork done. The only problem is I came in the house with a larger list than when I started. Need to replace a few fence posts.

Value Village and Salvation Army Thrift Store have received a lot of my junk...oops treasures over the past 6 months. A major home reno required a de-clutter and de-clutter I did. I moved an elderly parent after 50 years in the same house and saw how little their stuff was valued or needed so I followed suit.

It's quite freeing in a whole bunch a ways. For me spring is a time to re-visit all kinds of things, sort of like an annual review of most aspects of my life.

Peace

MG

I did decide to do a spring cleaning this past weekend and you will never believe what I found. I found the nice expensive pool table hidden in the basement that was buried with boxes and boxes of junk. After cleaning it had a great couple of games and some beer. Amazing what you find when cleaning is right!

I'm back on the spring cleaning today, down to the home stretch!!! About time too, getting freakin' tired of cleaning!!! :p

I find opening up all the blinds/curtains and windows inspires me to do the spring cleaning. The sunshine just brings up all the unnoticeable stains on the wall, or the dusty mouldings. I am so glad for the wonderful weather, I spent 6 hours straight spring cleaning yesterday, and the feeling I felt this morning getting out of bed was priceless.

Cleaning supplies: $20

Cleaning: 6 hours

Feeling the next day? PRICELESS LOL