Halifax Social!!

I am extremely disappointed , was so looking forward to meeting all my fellow CERBites and more of the lovely ladies.

Taloon thanks for the effort , it is very much appreciated by many of us.

As for the fee , keep it to cover your expenses to date, something I'm sure those who forced this decision fail to see. You have been out time and money to date ( i know you came to Dartmouth to pick up my fee and that cost gas etc.) AND I FOR ONE appreciate it

I have been peaking at this thread from time to time since it was started...

People, keep it simple and have a get together! Keep the same date and time and decide on a place to meet for a few drinks if the private room has already been canceled. I understand the need for privacy but at this point, just do what you have to and have fun! You'll just be meeting with new and 'old' friends! If some are not comfortable with the idea, they always have the option of not going. Quite simple if you ask me!

There's also no need to collect money and have everything pre-planned; if you want to buy the ladies a drink(s) or order food/snacks then just do it when you feel like it. That's what we all do when we go to a lounge/bistro/restaurant bar, no? ;)

Cheers! xox

• Like 8

People, keep it simple and have a get together! Keep the same date and time and decide on a place to meet for a few drinks if the private room has already been canceled. I understand the need for privacy but at this point, just do what you have to and have fun! You'll just be meeting with new and 'old' friends! If some are not comfortable with the idea, they always have the option of not going. Quite simple if you ask me!

There's also no need to collect money and have everything pre-planned; if you want to buy the ladies a drink(s) or order food/snacks then just do it when you feel like it. That's what we all do when we go to a lounge/bistro/restaurant bar, no? ;)

Cheers! xox

I think Gabriella has the right approach. There is no need to start too big. Years ago when I was living out west I organized a couple of very small events. It started with a lady I saw quite frequently, and much like the Halifax social it emerged out of a desire to build a bit more of a community. We inviteda couple of other ladies, each lady invited a couple of clients they felt could be trusted. That was it ... In the end it was eight people and a fun night at a local strip club. No publicity, advance tickets, etc. just a group of friends out together.

We did it a couple of times, but it died out after a while.

Porthos

Agree. First time of most things is a calculated guess of how things will turn out on a scale of 0-10. Even a few ppl showing is a start, and gets easier to build on from there.

• Like 1

Perhaps I should just stay out of this, since I wasn't planning to attend in any event, but as someone who has followed the thread with interest, it does seem to me that most of the recent posts (though no doubt correct in what they are saying) do not address the major issue.

The hard question right now isn't WHAT to do - the hard question is who will make it happen. Taloon was willing but wasn't acceptable to some important participants, and has now decided (if I read him correctly) that nothing arranged by him will be satisfactory precisely because it is arranged by him. No-one else has said "I'll do it".

Perhaps a small get-together with no admission charge is easier logistically than the event Taloon was planning (though from the outside it seemed as though he had it in hand - unless of course it was just a scam to gather a few people's financial contributions and run off with them, which I assume must have been the fear some people had). If there's to be a small get-together, though, then someone needs to say "I will make it happen".

Even if it's just "I'll be at X place on Y date wearing a red flower and hope to see other CERBers there", someone has to take the initiative or it won't happen.

Apologies in advance if anything above has offended someone - that is not my intention.

I have been thinking on this and will be posting probably this evening information about a very simple meet and greet. If I end up simply having a drink by myself then so be it, but June 22nd there will be an opportunity for those who would like to get together to say hello over a glass of wine or a drink to do so in a public location.

Details to follow, and they will be very simple. :) Sometimes simple works!

• Like 5

I have been thinking on this and will be posting probably this evening information about a very simple meet and greet. If I end up simply having a drink by myself then so be it, but June 22nd there will be an opportunity for those who would like to get together to say hello over a glass of wine or a drink to do so in a public location.

Details to follow, and they will be very simple. :) Sometimes simple works!

I was always planning a trip to Halifax, and still haven't taken the date off my calendar. So, I expect you will not have to raise a glass by yourself. I'd venture there would be pretty fair turn out.

I was always planning a trip to Halifax, and still haven't taken the date off my calendar. So, I expect you will not have to raise a glass by yourself. I'd venture there would be pretty fair turn out.

I'll be there!

Additional Comments:

P.S. For what it's worth, I still feel Taloon should have been given more of a chance, newer member or not. After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm afraid we may have cheated ourselves out of a bang up event.

• Like 1

Cheers! xox

As someone who has organized 2 out of 5 successful socials in Ottawa, it seems as though my previous post in this thread went over everyone'e head as I offered the same advice as Gabriella did. I don't understand why there needs to be money involved especially on the first event? You want to test the waters to see if there is a desire for these kinds of parties. Seems like this event was poorly planned from the getgo. It's like planning a wedding reception when there was no engagement or committment to begin with. Sorry that's just my opinion. Just announce an informal get together, drink and be merry.

I agree completely about Taloon being there and I hope that he will attend! I am awaiting a PM back from him and I will be starting an entirely new thread and I shall post it later on this evening.

• Like 3

Am liking the direction this thread has been taking of late since the cancellation and subsequent "poignant feedback" - a direction that shows maturity and sense of shared purpose. I too signed on early to the social and want to see something happen for all the good reasons that have been so clearly shared of late. I'm glad to hear that something may likely happen and would like to help out

Taloon, you have done good work and I want to thank you publicly as well and look forward to sharing a drink and laugh or two. Please feel free to keep my ticket fee for your expenses to date and ,if they have been met, donate it to a women's shelter which was so wisely suggest earlier in the thread.

I love it when common sense prevails and am glad to be part of it - pats on the back all way round.

Musings from a guy who really enjoys the folks here

Gentleman11 and others who may be interested. There will in fact be a simple and fun Meet and Greet on June 22nd in Halifax.

In order to get us off to a new start with this whole enterprise I also created a new thread about it called Halifax Revisited - Meet and Greet, and that thread may be found at the link that follows.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91730

Have a look and if you would like to join us to meet new and old friends then please let me know as is explained in the new thread. :)

I think I owe everyone an apology on here. After getting messages from several members and subsequently rereading my post regarding the local ladies, I think I came off as very harsh. I was disappointed the party was cancelled and took it out on all of you. I apologize to each of you and must say that I was not suggesting that the ladies are all low tier in Halifax. In retrospect, there are good and bad in Toronto and there are good and bad here. We certainly have some stellar ladies here in Halifax; I think I mentioned Penelope, who has always been great to me and I would also like to mention Lexy Grace, who I have not met up with yet but has always been prompt and very friendly when I have been in contact with her. Also another lady who shall remain nameless sent me a pm after my tirade. She could have been very cutting and I probably deserved that, but she was very tactful and just gave me her opinion of what I had said. We indeed do have many great companions here in Halifax.

Again, I am sorry for not thinking before I spoke and hope you all will forgive me. I hope to make it out to the get together now planned and hope to meet several of you there.

Cheers for now

trav