About using hotels

Guest S****r

Hi everyone. Newbie here, with a question that will appear stupid to most, I am sure. Ladies, if you book a hotel room to do incalls, but don't want to actually spend the night there, how do you go about checking out? I did this last weekend, and asked at the desk to pre-pay earlier in the evening. (said I would be leaving very early in the morning and didn't want to have to bother with check out in the morning, when really I just wanted to go home and go to bed) But I was told that I could not check out before 4 am! Something about the computer booking system, etc.

Tell me--how do you get around this? Also, do any of the hotels end up banning you if they suspect you are using the room for service? Enlighten me, please!

Thank you so much, in advance! Summer

It's not a stupid question, at all, Summer. A lot will depend on the hotel's policies.

You can often book a hotel room and pre-pay the fee with a credit card. It won't matter what time you leave as long as you're gone by the check-out time the next morning.

Many hotels also have a "day rate" which means that you won't be staying overnight. This can be a good way to have a room during the daytime. I've never tried to do it for evening meetings, however.

Call the hotel(s) you're interested in and ask them about checking out the night before, about day rates, etc. They won't be anxious about you for asking questions.

I only visit or stay in large, busy 4 and 5-star hotels because I feel that they're usually the safest places. The front desk security is as close to absolute as is possible and the staff are discrete and unobtrusive. People are coming and going for all kinds of reasons. No one pays attention to what's going on unless it causes a problem. It's important not to disturb other hotel guests: they may complain and you don't want to draw attention to yourself.

When I used hotels as incall locations, I rotated among several different places. That may not have been necessary, but it wasn't difficult for me to do it and so was just one additional precaution for me.

Innkeepers and paid companions have been in cahoots since this industry began. We're good for each other's business. Not only that, but people have illicit sex in hotels all the time, even when no money is changing hands.

• Like 1

As I understand, whether you pre pay or not, as long as you have a credit card on file all you have to do is leave the keys in the room. All they really want is the card number in case there are incidental changes like parking or Internet services, or damage to the room and could include a hearty cleaning fee if you smoke up a non smoking room.

Most of the time I book using Priceline which is prepaid, and I always have to give them a card when check in.

Tell me--how do you get around this? Also, do any of the hotels end up banning you if they suspect you are using the room for service? Enlighten me, please!

That's an easy one but takes a small white lie, no big deal. So I rent a room and ask for early check-in (before 1 PM) then at 6 PM when I don't plan to come back again in the morning after 4 AM to check out, I just go to the front desk and say "Change of plans, headed for the airport, checking out now". Note that I realize I didn't say "I'm headed for the airport" but that is semantics, still a small white lie.

They never argue (like what's the point? You're going to be 3,000 miles away by the time 4 AM rolls around) :) Also note that I'm not asking if it is ok to check out now (which is suspicious), I offer no alternative, I'm leaving and I'm looking at my watch (perhaps to see if I can make the flight).

In fact they usually check you out quickly, ignoring all other activity (like ringing phones) so you won't miss your flight and often offer to summon a taxi but hey, no thanks, I have a rental car and my luggage is already in it, thanks anyway.

Have a nice flight sir! Thanks, we'll see you again, bye for now.

• Like 3

Really no big deal at all. Pay up front. Myself, I pay in cash anyway, so they require payment when you check in. Tell them at the time of check in you may be leaving before 4am. And if that hotel won't accommodate you, guess what, there are lots of other hotels that will.

Don't worry about the reason you are checking out early, it's none of their business to begin with. And if you need an excuse, tell them you and your boyfriend had a fight, but now he wants you back to make up.

Really, as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, the hotel won't notice you, you'll be one of hundreds of daily customers. And they no more care why you want a room for the night (keep in mind that is their business and how they make money) than a restaurant would wonder why you are showing up wanting a meal

A quick afternoon rambling from a guy who's gone through more than one hotel lobby :-)

RG

Guest S****r

Thank you so much, you all! I love having this site and all of you as a resource of experience and wisdom. Thank you, again!

I used to pay for the room online, check in with credit card and leave when I wanted to without going to front desk.. Any incidental like parking would be charged to my card. And I'd find a side door to walk out of if it was very late.

I average around 100 nights per year in hotel. I rarely ever do the whole check out process. Just leave the keys in the room and leave. Either way they will process your payment/deposit etc. In my experience houskeeping will usually start knocking on doors at about 9:00am. Once they enter and see it's empty they pick up the phone and check the room out with a code or by voice.

If you want a copy of your bill just call them and tell them you had to run out early, you don't need to say why, and just ask them to email you the bill.

Hope this helps

hnh

• Like 1