I'm in Ottawa and expecting to see the super moon in about an hour, copied from the CBC web site.

The perigee and the full moon occur within a minute of each other Saturday night (at about 11:35 p.m. ET), and the moon will seem as much as 14 per cent bigger and 30 per cent brighter than other full moons this year, NASA says.

Go outside and take a look, doesn't happen too often,

Guest W***ledi*Time

It'd clouded-over and raining here in Nova Scotia. Not good viewing. Luckily, I found a substitute Super Moon to soothe my inner-astronomer:

Sexy%20Moon.jpg

Grrrrg! Our view in Ottawa is not as nice compared to the photos taken in Greece, India...

Cloud and fog in St. john's so no super moon here either. I do like WIT's alternative!!

Strangely, I woke up around midnight and just wandered to the back deck and lo and behold to my surprise was an absolutely gorgeous and awe inspiring moon! I am fortunate enough to not have the trouble of light pollution where I am at so was able to really take in its splendour :)

I'll admit that I may have geeked out a bit last night and dusted off my telescope to get a closer look at the super moon, lol. Definitely worth the look though :)

It'd clouded-over and raining here in Nova Scotia. Not good viewing. Luckily, I found a substitute Super Moon to soothe my inner-astronomer

Yes, I'm sure it was spectacular but thank you WIT for a spectacular alternative for those of us "under the weather" :)

I am in Kingston and wasn't even aware that a supermoon would occur last night but when I peered out of my study room window around 8pm last night and saw the moon, I was taken aback. That it wasn't a "normal" moon was readily apparent. It was easily two-three times the size of a normal-sized full moon and very golden in colour. In fact it looked "frightening". The phenomenon reawakened in me questions that are always buried in the recesses of my mind - is this life all there is? did some entity fashion the universe or did it just evolve?

One mistake deniers of the possibility for a creator of the universe often make is that because a natural phenomenon can be explained rationally, that phenomenon "just happens", and that it is not the result of physical laws that an originator of the universe could have put in place to govern the universe.

Guest J****in A**l

I was lucky enough to catch it last night, it was so beautiful.

There was not much cloud cover in my area, and by the time 12:05am came around, it was a most beautiful sight to behold for sure.

Second only to seeing the northern lights when I lived in Far North Ontario

Pretty awesome for sure.

Reminds me of the moon as it appeared in the movie "Moonstruck".