1,474 megapixel robotic camera

Can't believe this - the technology is mind-boggling !

This is a photo from the 2009 Inauguration, In which you can see IN FOCUS the face of each individual in the crowd!

You can scan and zoom to any section of the crowd? wait a few seconds? and the focus adjusts.

The picture was taken with a robotic camera at 1,474 megapixel. (295 times the standard 5 megapixel camera)

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen.php?auth=033ef14483ee899496648c2b4b06233c

Now that was really cool, was able to pan around and catch some people in the crowd napping, did not find Oprah huge supporter of Barack Obama. Technology today is swiftly passing, by me..I'm still years behind.

It has to be a composite image if you look near the back of the second aisle there are legs with no body - unless they are hiding something :shock:

It has to be a composite image if you look near the back of the second aisle there are legs with no body - unless they are hiding something :shock:

its a very cool pic- i found on the left hand side in the very back a bald man with a red scarf and most of a lady and an invisible man in front of her...there a man not far from them looking at his camera....hmmmm i wonder what else i can fine...hehe

{if you click on the second american flag the one with the circle of start you will see them...}

LOL, software does have limits for now ;)

But if you want something funny, look at the "halo" around the APC camera lense to the left (almost on the same balcony), it looks like somethin was super imposed the fuzzy digital halo may be a clue to what is happeneing. BTW it IS a composite, check the top right most of the image, the camera mount is the gigapan epic (the camera here is the trick, not sure what they used), and the gigapan stitcher is the product to 'assemble" the composite. The base looks to be fairly cheap, around $380 us ! and comes with the sticher.

Regardless, they can use the robotic assembly with most point and shoot cameras (obviously the one used here was not a Kodak Sure shoot $59 model).

Still a great tool, and one hell of a photo :)

Fascinating, I have played around with panoramic software with 4 picutres that you can piece together to make a landscape but this far beyond, it's fun to find the seems that don't blend!

The revolutionary robotic Camera Mount captures gigapixel images. The Epic allows you to capture brilliant high resolution panoramas with most point and shoot cameras.

This Gigapan image from the north press platform during President Obama's inaugural address at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC on January 20, 2009. It's made up of 220 images and the final image size is 59,783 X 24,658 pixels or 1,474 megapixels.

http://gigapan.org/?window_height=721&window_width=1407

http://gigapan.org

yes technology is quickly out pacing itself. Most technologies are good for 2 yrs before its old news. Google today has 31 billion searches each day, in 2006 it was 2.7 Billion. First text message was in 1992, today's total text messages received each day exceeds our population. It took radio 38 yrs to reach an audience of 50 million and only 2 yrs for face book.

Its nice to know that pure raw sex still hasn't changed over the yrs.