Once a pone a time

Person A calls phone number one web site. Person B answers. Person A request appointment. Person B says ok call me tomorrow when your down stairs. Person A arrives a little before the designated time and calls, and calls, and calls, 15 times in 25 minutes and gets nothing but voice mail. Person A has paid for parking and organized a very busy day around this event. Finally person A hops onto cerb via iPhone and looks at the announcements and sees that an alternate number has been posted. Person A calls number right away and person B answers. Person A explains that they had been down stairs calling the other number for 25 minutes. Although person a kind of feels like if it was not the correct number to call than it would have been nice if person B said, in addition to "call me when you arrive", that they should have said "oh and I see you called me on my web site number but I will have a temporary local number tomorrow so call me on that because the number your calling me on now wont be on.

In spite of being a little bothered. Person A says to him self, that's ok, these things happen to all of us including myself. And continues the conversation politely and respectfully.

Now person A is thinking person B is probably about to say something like " oh so sorry, I should have given you the number I'd be using tomorrow After all you did call me on my phone I wouldn't be using or even have on. Person A was ready to say "hey no problem these things happen".

But person B never said anything like that. Instead they said. "Well your late so You'll only have 45 minutes as i have another booking but you still have to pay for the hour.

Person A starts to feel a little shafted but says "well do you have any other times?". Person B says sounding a little annoyed," we'll you can come at 12:30". Now suddenly Person A is starting to feel like person B is mad because person A is late. Person A says to himself " well I could make it work but its kinda gonna mess up my day, at least a little. And person A did go through a bit of an effort to be in contact with person B even before person B posted on cerb to get the time slot person A wanted (first appointment of the day). And now Person A is gonna be second and Person A has issues with that (not saying that's right or wrong but we all have our quirky little hang ups so let's not judge). Now person a is feeling really frustrated and pissed off at this point.

I don't know how I Should feel about this.

I hope no one takes offense to this, it's not a witch hunt. Just looking for perspective. I'm always willing to listen and learn from others.

If someone books a day before, I always expect them to confirm an hour or two prior to the rendez-vous and I often send a quick note the morning of to ensure that nothing has changed. A lot can happen over night! :)

• Like 1

I agree. The weird thing was that the booking was for 10 and I said "so I'll call you at 9?" And person B said "call me at 10 when you arrive". I thought it was strange but I wasn't about to argue with person B and decided I'll call at 5 min before our appointment.

Should I have called an hour early in spite of person B'sinstructions? Or is that a no no?

If someone books a day before, I always expect them to confirm an hour or two prior to the rendez-vous and I often send a quick note the morning of to ensure that nothing has changed. A lot can happen over night! :)

Do you expect it or do you tell them that they should call an hour or two to confirm?

Do you expect it or do you tell them that they should call an hour or two to confirm?

I tell them and if they don't then I call them :) Always better to keep the lines of communication open cause life can happen! I will not set up a meeting with someone if I have no way of contacting them for this specific reason.

I tell them and if they don't then I call them :) Always better to keep the lines of communication open cause life can happen! I will not set up a meeting with someone if I have no way of contacting them for this specific reason.

Well I can really appreciate that Meganforfun.

It's that kind of thinking and protocol that could have really avoided an unnecessary and crappy sequence of events.

Additional Comments:

Edited by joji
posted same thing twice

These things do happen. If Person B had an appointment that finished just before the scheduled call then she may want time to clean up quickly. Just chalk it up to experience and confirm the call back number next time...

cat

These things do happen. If Person B had an appointment that finished just before the scheduled call then she may want time to clean up quickly. Just chalk it up to experience and confirm the call back number next time...

cat

Yes I agree cat. Thank you for your input. I learned a lesson for sure. I learned a second lesson today as well.

If you make to big a deal of things you may be missing out. How did I learn this today? Well Lets just say person A decided not to make a big deal and accepted the alternate booking and guess what happened. Person B blew person A's freakin mind. And now person B is tied for first place in person A's top 3 of the last 15 years.

• Like 1

Guest p**h*x

I think communication errors can easily happen. I like to read, re-read, and read again the way in which an SP requires booking as I don't want to make a mistake. Everyone has a different process so it's best to be meticulous when following someone's instructions.

Anyway, glad to hear it worked out in the end and that you had a good time.

I also think it's a lesson in why it's a good idea to take a deep breath and wait a while before posting something. In your original post you gave more than enough details that with about 3 minutes of sleuthing I knew who you were talking about. It was fairly negative about the lady's attitude, etc., etc.

I'm really glad you had a great time, and posted a nice for the lady, and corrected things in this thread. Still, now there is a somewhat negative post about the lady, whereas had you waited, nothing but nice things (the mantra of this board) would have been said.

Porthos

• Like 3

Nice to see all the A's and B's work things out and get along :)

Too bad it doesn't always happen that way :(

I also think it's a lesson in why it's a good idea to take a deep breath and wait a while before posting something. In your original post you gave more than enough details that with about 3 minutes of sleuthing I knew who you were talking about. It was fairly negative about the lady's attitude, etc., etc.

I'm really glad you had a great time, and posted a nice for the lady, and corrected things in this thread. Still, now there is a somewhat negative post about the lady, whereas had you waited, nothing but nice things (the mantra of this board) would have been said.

Porthos

I am in agreement with you Porthos. It is unfortunate that timing/scheduling issues occurred but in the end all is fine and there was even a recommendation posted. Hell, last night there was even a pre-date recommendation posted. Therefore I fail to understand the need for the public conversation when evidently the date proceeded and the desired result achieved.

I am inclined to believe that this thread should not have been started so soon after a recommendation was posted. By doing so it shines a virtual spotlight on the lady which isn't needed or required. I have no real issue with the topic ONLY that it was started almost immediately (3 hours) after the reco. was posted. Had this thread been started and therefore discussed say in four days time it would seem much more hypothetical.