Just an idea.

Guest W***ledi*Time
... If I understand ahead of time that a lady uses her friends list only for references then quite frankly I am likely not to ... accept her friends request....

That's just fine, BRM! It's of course always and entirely each individual's choice as to who they wish to accept as members of their Friends List - for any reason or for no reason. You're the one entirely in control of that. To each their own!

I wouldn't mind if there was a recommendation area in the SP only section regarding clients.

Then it defies the discretion, confidentiality and privacy concept we all try so hard to provide each of our gentlemen

who wish to 'fly below the radar' (in a good date situation, that is).

• Like 1

The feature still exist but only for the ladies (ladies who have 'SP only access', I believe but do not quote me on that).

There is nothing in your user notes at this time so I am assuming that when the functionality of that option changed everything in there was automatically deleted. Perhaps mod could tell you more but as far as I know (and can see),

there is nothing showing in your user notes.

Nope ;)

Gabriella is right. Emma posted a note on W.I.T.'s user note and it works like a charm. Things that are good to know. You can just click and view easy as pie. I also like the idea of reference friendly banner. It is right on the profile page in between the users name and sign sheet. Thanks ladies.

Peachy, perhaps this is a subject we could talk about in our private section at further length to establish some protocols and guidelines if the idea is of interest for the majority of the ladies. There is already an exisiting Cerb feature that is available to us: menu_open_usercss.gifUser Notes (2)

I am taking Wrinkledintime's profile as an example since he was the last poster in this thread:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/member.php?u=20826

The first box we see under his avatar contains:

Send Message menu_open_usercss.gifUser Lists menu_open_usercss.gifUser Notes (0) and the user notes are only accessible by the ladies.

Additional Comments:

Most of us require at least one recent reference from another independent companion before a first time rendez-vous and the information is usually provided in the first e-mail contact by the gentleman. It's easy and it works very well.

P411- screening service- https://www.preferred411.com/ also provides this reference option for members.

It is free for the ladies to use and there is a small monthly fee for the gentlemen.

Opps it's this example. Thanks ladies.

I know that in my friends list there are ladies that, except through posts and pm's on CERB, I haven't met. But we are on each other's friends list, and if the stars a line right for me, I hopefully can meet them...but I digress

It is probably, in my humble opinion, better for the ladies' safety to provide a requested reference prior to an encounter. A friend from a friends list could have been put on that list quite a few years ago, and it could be a person that you have not had personal contact with at all, just posts/pm's.

It would probably be better to use verification with a lady providing a reference. My guess a lady would be happy (assuming she has seen a gentleman) providing a reference for a guy, to another lady...in the end it benefits everyone.

My two cents

RG

• Like 1

Well, this *has* been an interesting thread! I didn't know about the secret user notes :) Anyway, a few thoughts on the topic at hand...

First, one which has been mentioned already but bears repeating: not everyone may be OK with a list of SPs they've seen (and possibly when) being available, even if only to other SPs. They whole privacy/discretion thing *is* an issue, more for some than for others. I know *most* SPs are absolutely fine with the idea that their clients, even their favorite ones, see other SPs - but as BackRubMan noted, this can be awkward at times.

Second: what if one of us guys asks a lady to post a reference for us on CERB (by whatever means) and she declines to do so, for whatever reason? We're well into the awkward zone at that point; it might be better for these things to be played out somewhere less public.

Third: what happens when ladies retire? People come and go all the time, and they don't always clean up their accounts here when they do. I'm not sure of the value of a reference from someone who's no longer in the industry.

Fourth: should there be built-in time-limit on these things? I always try to provide a reference from someone who I've seen fairly recently, but I don't know if everyone does this - and it may be impossible for those who see SPs infrequently. How useful is a reference from someone I saw once, eighteen months ago?

Finally: I was under the impression that the ladies sometimes use the ability of a potential client to follow simple instructions as part of the vetting process. If your website clearly states that a reference is required, then it really ought to be in the initial email; if it isn't, that's perhaps something to be considered. After all, as one of the ladies has mentioned elsewhere on this board (I can't recall who or where or when, sorry): someone who can't follow an instruction like, "Please provide a reference" may later prove less likely to respect a request like, "Please don't do that". Automating the reference process removes this tool.

I'm not sure how much any of these points will weigh with people. I have to say I like the idea in principle, but... there are pitfalls.

• Like 2

I will have to just say I think the current user note coupled with anything that may or may not already be available in the private sp area is far above what many other sites have to offer their sp members. And it doesn't have to get more complicated than it already is.

I think a client asking for a referral and hearing an awkward pause is pretty much the same as the sp asking for a reco. Consider asking for one, but then that the answer may not be what you want to hear. Better to just let the sp do it or not do it, at her discretion.

She may be an sp who doesn't want to publicize who she sees. Or she may only do so if the client posts a reco of her, so that she knows she has his implicit agreement to do it.

I know the idea has become quite popular on the Alberta review site. I am not exactly sure how they work it, I don't have access, but Calgary/Edmonton, etc really have a bylaws issue that makes referrals very important, and yet the time it takes to go thru references, etc, makes it cumbersome. Their system seems to work like the user notes suggestion here, just a confirmation the sp reviewed saw that client, and recommends him to other sp members.

I myself always love when I see something in the notes section but with that being said I also like to contact the ladies and if the person has no one to give as a reference we just take another route/direction for verification for obvious safety reason and such or many would not ask. That basically is the whole point in obtaining a reference, although what may be an awesome encounter for one lady can be a not so good one for the other. That does leave the lady who gave the reference feeling like crap, as many ladies will contact the lady who gave the reference and say it went well, no show or whatever and that is always welcomed and appreciated by me from anyone I provide a reference to. It is also helps the lady giving a reference to update who she will no longer provide a reference for. When you break it down, if something goes majorly wrong, that makes the referencing lady look bad and unreliable. When in fact she can only tell what her experience was like, safe, hygienic, respectful and the list goes on. It's quite similar if you think about to the recommendation sections.

All My Love,

Lexy

This might be simple. I looked at my profile and and the "about me" part.

There are some fields that I do not use nor plan to use for what they were intended. Specificaly:

Your website address

N/A

Recommendation or URL of a page that is important to me here on cerb

N/A

My cerb FREE URL

N/A

So I just entered a text message in one these fields. I hinted that Gabriella Laurence would be a reference for me.

The guy can always direct the lady to this area to obtain a reference. Easy.

Guest Wa**ard S**
This thread has turned out to be highly educational!

I agree with you as it is providing me with a new perspective on this matter WIT. One of my long-term lady friends retired from the business and relocated, one does not want reviews nor will provide references due to privacy concerns, and some ladies I've seen are from out of town or while I've been out of town. I readily accept the need for a screening process and am most supportive of keeping everyone safe and secure. I have on occasion provided ladies with a look at my valid driver's license so they know who I am and where I live. I am willing to coolperate as best possible. I have in some instances felt I may have provided too much personal information. There needs to be a balance in all this as well. If I am able to spend time with a couple CERB ladies and they are comfortable with me to the extent they are willing to provide a reference as perhaps needed by another lady on an individual case-by-case basis that's fine with me.

P411- screening service- https://www.preferred411.com/ also provides this reference option for members.

It is free for the ladies to use and there is a small monthly fee for the gentlemen.

I want to add one little unknown fact about P411, you can pay for a lifetime membership instead of a monthly fee.