Anyone taking Lipitor ?

Just wanted to bring this thread up again. Been over 2 years since I have been off Liptor and feeling much better. Any more contributions to this thread would be great as I think this is important to peoples health. Doctors are often prescribing powerful and expensive drugs when diet and natural supplments may work just as good without the harmful side effects.

• Like 1

Just re-reading some of these post on this thread that I have not read before and find them interesting and informative. Been feeling much better once I had gotten off Liptor. Most of these drugs are over prescribe, Even if you are just reaching what they consider high cholesterol, doctors reach for their pads to give you a prescription. It's like they are getting a commission for doing this. Even scientific studies seem to contradict each other. It seems like if enough research is done there is a study that can a point.

There's too many drugs out there with dangerous side effects.

In my opinion the best way to fix those problems is through whole foods. We shouldn't be putting foreign substances in us that address the symptom and not the problem. Some can help but should be used along with whole foods to address the problem.

• Like 1

I think that the best professionals to awnser any of your questions regarding a certain type of medication is your pharmacist. Not only they are aware of all undesired effects of your meds, but cannot be bias because they are not the ones to prescribe.

It's easy to set-up an appointment, free, and they might be able to point out any eventual problems you may have quitting it to quickly. There are undesired effects to either take OR get off meds.

I suggest you go to your regular one, as he knows if you have other meds that interacts with Lipitor.

And it's a well known fact (in Qué.) that doctors and pharmaceutical companies are walking toghetter. Talk about it to your doctor, and I'm sure he'll find the proper treatment for your condition.

And last and foremost, nothing replaces at least 30 mins of smooth exercise and good nutrition. Eventhough you're under treatment, those should be mandatory, espescially with high cholesterol.

• Like 3

My g p tried to put me on statin drugs for years, but I refused them. They are so liver toxic, yuck. I have eaten oatmeal every day by itself or in other recipes because it's beneficial. The doc said I am maintaining at acceptable cholesterol levels.

• Like 1

I used to be on Lipitor but stopped taking it due to excruciating leg cramps and brain fog. I am trying to control my cholesterol through diet, exercise and nutritional supplements now.

• Like 1

One of my friends at work took Lipitor. It had such an obvious effect on him we called it Sleepitor!

He is an extremely active guy. After popping his pills he would become groggy and irritable. He went back to his old self soon after quitting.

• Like 1

My girlfriend pointed out to me that I haven't slept well since I started taking it, and I don't remember things well, and I have trouble thinking things through.

Women. Pffff.

Okay, maybe she was right. I'll talk to my doctor to see what we can do.

• Like 1

Statin intolerance is an emerging research issue and it is not simply one of the "side effects" of statin use, but rather a cause of distinct symptoms by itself. I say this, not as a medical practitioner but someone who researches and invests in firms in this sector of the economy. Good luck!!

• Like 1

I have high cholesterol due to genetics (all men in my family have high to sky high cholesterol). I've been taking Lipitor for the last 15 years at a low dose (10mg/day) and has worked well in controlling cholesterol where diet and exercise was insufficient. I have never had any side effects (liver toxicity, muscle ache, etc) and feel great.

Drug side effects are very unique to any specific individual. These issues need to be approached carefully with lots of reading and treading carefully when starting a new drug. In my case I think I got lucky that I found a drug that works for me with no discernable side effects.

• Like 1

in many cases high cholesterol is life style related. The human body has an amazing ability to heal itself and rather than treating the symptoms with prescription drugs I would prefer to try to make needed life style changes .. lose weight exercise more and eat less saturated fat and much more fruits grains and veg.

• Like 2