this may seem creepy but are SP's checking their room for bed bugs.I have a buddy that works with pest control and he tells me Bed Bugs are more wide spread then the average person realizes.I usually lift the mattress corner by the headboard and have a peak.check around the headboard aswell..even in the drawers. these are the things you want to transport to your home.Just curious if its on the minds of SP's

haha actually about a month ago i was listening to the radio and they had a segment on bedbugs, it was very informative tho a bit creepy.. I've checked every hotel i've stayed in and i'm eary going to out calls because of it. they said to check under the matress tag for little grease marks.. ew...still give me the willys lol..

I'm getting itchy just thinking about bugs. I'm terrified of bugs. It's amazing how infested cities can become when a simple cheap steam machine will solve this. If someone has bed bugs, they know it am I right? So go out and get a steam machine and kill those pests.

You could get your home sprayed with chemicals just to have them come back again and have to pay for more chemicals or wait for the landlord to get around to it, but steam machines work even better.

I have never had them so I don't have any personal experiences..But I check beds, even my friends if I'm planning on staying the night, heck, if I saw a spider I'd be gone.

The last time I stayed in a hotel I checked for bed bugs !!

This is what I found :D

picture.php?albumid=3701&pictureid=27484

So I felt it would be best if I stayed the night and keep checking ;) You just can't be too cautious these days !!!

• Like 3

Wow! Are bedbugs so gorgeous these days?!?

If so, bite me and bleed me, let my die as your feast! :-)

The last time I stayed in a hotel I checked for bed bugs !!

This is what I found :D

picture.php?albumid=3701&pictureid=27484

So I felt it would be best if I stayed the night and keep checking ;) You just can't be too cautious these days !!!

I was in a 4 star hotel last week and checked for bed bugs. Usually higher end hotels are good about this sort of thing when they realize they have bed bugs. Housekeeping is also trained to spot them as well.

I'd hope traveling SPs (and guys, for that matter) would check for bed-bugs. From what I've heard - some friends had them a while back - they're absolute bastards to get rid of. The adults die easily enough, but the eggs... my friends had to fumigate and/or boil-wash *everything*.

I've never met them, and I'd be very happy to keep it that way.

I'd hope traveling SPs (and guys, for that matter) would check for bed-bugs. From what I've heard - some friends had them a while back - they're absolute bastards to get rid of. The adults die easily enough, but the eggs... my friends had to fumigate and/or boil-wash *everything*.

I've never met them, and I'd be very happy to keep it that way.

Oddly I know I have run into them because statistically I must have, having once run out of pages in my passport. That said, can't say they have ever bothered me at all. Maybe I'm just lucky but no one is that lucky so for some odd reason they leave me be.

Of course on returning home, the luggage stays in quarantine and each and every piece of clothing is washed in hot water or otherwise treated (dry cleaning) and then the luggage itself must be treated as well. A real pain but a very worthwhile precaution when we consider the possible outcome of not going to this trouble.

Of course the bedbug Lee Richard's found is always welcome and never a problem, just the opposite :)

There is one downtown hotel in our Nation's Capital which I cannot use anymore as I had an awful time with itching there. I did think it was the sheets at the time (Christmas past), but maybe now it was many-legged company!?

:frown:

CB

There is one downtown hotel in our Nation's Capital which I cannot use anymore as I had an awful time with itching there. I did think it was the sheets at the time (Christmas past), but maybe now it was many-legged company!?

:frown:

CB

I hope not, for your sake! I've also never had an encounter with bedbugs, which is surprising considering when I was younger I stayed at many youth-hostels in Europe. It seems pretty rampant in those sorts of places.