I want to put up face pics..

Hey ya'll

I am wanting to put up a few face pics but I want to make it private and allow access to certain people.. is that possible on CERB?

Thanks for your help!

I think it is an option available on CERB: only visible to those who are your CERB friends.

It is worth repeating: was is on the Internet is out there forever.

Best,

toine

Hey ya'll

I am wanting to put up a few face pics but I want to make it private and allow access to certain people.. is that possible on CERB?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by toine
  • Like 2

When you add an album you have several options. You just have to select the appropriate radio button to make it either public or private. If you select private then only your contacts and moderator can see them.

I think you need to go to your User CP (user control panel)-Edit Details and change your privacy settings to Private.

Someone else may know more than me, I'm just guessing here

One thing, make 100% sure you don't have any concerns posting pictures of your face, once something is on the internet (even privately on CERB), it is there to stay

Not telling you what to do, nor is there anything wrong in posting your photo, but five-ten-fifteen years down the road, is this something you might regret doing?

RG

I appreciate all your comments and advice. I am not worried that they may be leaked I would just rather me have the choice on who gets to see them at first. That's all. But thanks for pointing out that obvious concerning issues and I appreciate your help! :)

Guest ***t***iv***

Hi!

you can actually opt to have certain albums be private, it does not have to be your entire profile or all your albums. when you create or edit your albums it gives you the choices of public, private or profile. I highly suggest the private option for face shots, then they are only visible to contacts (and the mod of course).

I just wanted to suggest this one alternative (I know you said you aren't worried, but it's just a thought): you could create an msn account and show your face to select individuals on there (on your display picture) instead, it is smaller sized but you can't really copy the image either, and a face pic is a face pic is a face pic lol you know?

that said, if you are SURE you won't regret it down the road (or in the present), I say go for it! It probably will increase your business prospects exponentially.

Good luck!

Sugar

Hi!

you can actually opt to have certain albums be private, it does not have to be your entire profile or all your albums. when you create or edit your albums it gives you the choices of public, private or profile. I highly suggest the private option for face shots, then they are only visible to contacts (and the mod of course).

I just wanted to suggest this one alternative (I know you said you aren't worried, but it's just a thought): you could create an msn account and show your face to select individuals on there (on your display picture) instead, it is smaller sized but you can't really copy the image either, and a face pic is a face pic is a face pic lol you know?

that said, if you are SURE you won't regret it down the road (or in the present), I say go for it! It probably will increase your business prospects exponentially.

Good luck!

Sugar

Thanks hun - Thats what Im choosing to do it because half the time the guys want to know exactly what I look like and if they pass my screening methods ill add them as a friend and than they can view my pics. For the people who Ive already met I already has them on friends and I kind of revamped my friends list before I made the album and choosing who Id be comfortable with them seeing the pics and who I wouldnt be comfortable with. But if for some reason something happened I am comfortable enough at this point that if they got out it wouldnt be a life or death dilemma for me

Thanks for everything

I still and only add people that I have met in person and they have access to to these albums. Sorry guys, if you want to be a friend, you know what you have to do. lol.

• Like 1

In the User Control Panel, under Edit Your Details, you can set your Profile Privacy to Public, Private or Friends Only. Private means any registered member can view your profile. If someone can't view your profile, they can't view any of your albums. But if they can view your profile, whether or not they can view an album is controlled by a specific album setting.

When you create an album, you can set it as Public, Private or Profile. Here, Private means something different. It means anyone in your Contact list can view it. That includes friends, but also includes people you added to Contacts but which you did not befriend.

There seems to no way to limit album viewing to just Friends, except by limiting your entire profile to Friends.

So, create your albums as Private and make sure you clean up your Contacts list and remove any non-friend contacts you might be unsure of.

Incidentally, when you click on an existing album you'll see an Edit Album button on the right. Click this and you'll be presented with the same screen you get when you create an album, this allowing you to change the title, description, or privacy settings. Use this to fix the privacy on your existing albums.

Edited by northerntantra
Add comment re Edit Album
  • Like 1