Animals , in calls and allergies

I just spoke to the sp and she offered to make it up to u. Not offering u a discount. Honestly i think you could have dealt with the whole situation with more discretion, rather than airing it on cerb. The majority of posters have agreed that you should have let us know about your allergies if they were that bad.

If you don't want to waste your time, let us or whoever know in advance and you will save all parties the grief.

Geez....I don't think you're listening to guy. He said his allergies were not life threatening, just annoying itching, runny nose etc.

I haven't gone back and counted but I'm not so sure it's a given that most members think that he should have inquired about pets int he Hotel Room. He said this was a first for him, come on, cut the OP a break :)

As far as "airing it on cerb" this is a place for discussions, he has said more than once that the SP was gracious, all he was doing was bringing up a potential issue other hobbyists may encounter.

Honestly I don't think you are handling this as well as the lady who works for you did.

• Like 2

Honestly I don't think you are handling this as well as the lady who works for you did.

ABSOLUTELY; that was my point.

• Like 1

This was a very isolated incident. It should have been dealt in that way. Of course the sp will be gracious, she is awesome. Point is what exactly? We aren't going to change anything. We haven't had this issue in years, and I Think considering the fact we had zero knowledge before hand that he had issues, it was handled just fine. Pushing the point further comes across whiney and really doesnt accomplish anything positive.

Sending me a pm after the fact along with a link to this thread shows me this was motivated by wanting to get back at us. A bit childish.

This was a very isolated incident. It should have been dealt in that way. Of course the sp will be gracious, she is awesome. Point is what exactly? We aren't going to change anything. We haven't had this issue in years, and I Think considering the fact we had zero knowledge before hand that he had issues, it was handled just fine. Pushing the point further comes across whiney and really doesnt accomplish anything positive.

Sending me a pm after the fact along with a link to this thread shows me this was motivated by wanting to get back at us. A bit childish.

I'm not sure to praise PK for having no filter between their posts and their brain and their post, or to frown. As an individual, I try not to have a filter between my brain and my mouth when talking to life long friends, and family. I hear the businessman talking - and if I was running the business, that's my response too ... but it would filter through the public relations department before going mainstream. However, that's always been PK's style online. They've told me off in private messages, and as a business person, I agree. But that's because when it comes to business, I'm a jackass and bully. However, when it comes to my clients, customers, and employee, I would bend over backwards for them. At least, it would sound that way.

Of course PK doesn't need to make a real change in it's practice because of a knee jerk response, it's business as usual. Forget about the OP, he's just being a single customer. I use to be a regular customer of PK, their girls were well manner and courteous. When talking with Jason directly over the phone to arrange for stuff, he spoke very well, and smooth as butter. I thought he owned some sort of multi-trillion dollar company. Suave-Debonair. However, online, on this forum, I'm not sure who's responding, but that person needs a lesson in customer service. Be a little smoother like that person I spoke with on the phone.

Both party would have benefited from a response like ...

"OMG, this was a first time that this issue has come up since we have been in business! Mr. Explorere69, please accept my appologies, the sp didn't mention to us that she had a companion animal with her, and we never thought to ask. We spoke to her, and she told us all about your situation, was extremely appologetic. Would you consider rebooking, she feels terrible, and would like to have an opportunity to make it up to you. However, as a business, the rates won't change, but I'm very sure the make-up session will be quite ... uh hemmm ... exciting!"

Or even be bold as going full business on him, and add:

"The make up session needs to be a minimum of 1h, and she expects you'll come dressed to impress, groomed, clean and fresh breath. We'll entertain the chihuahua during that time. It'll be a $20 up charge billed to you for us to baby sit the dog!"

• Like 3

Thanks for the props on my debonair style, and if this had been a situation that would have called for that, I would have obliged. However.. not the case.

If this been dealt with properly from the beginning by the OP and instead of posting this stupid thread, along with sending me a link to it, just to rub our nose it, he would have had a much better response and result.

However this wasn't the route he wished to take. Maybe it made him feel better I don't know. But one thing is for sure, if is this is how he felt he would get some kind of appology from us he is sorely mistaken.

At this time, I think it would be in everyones best interest if he didn't use our service, and in the future he be clear about his allergies to his service providers.

Being in this business (successfully) for 7 years+ in Ottawa says alot, and one thing I can assure everyone is brown-nosing clients is a recipe for disaster in this industry.

We have built our very sucessful name and business on making sure we back the ladies that work with us, without them there would be nobody for you guys to see.

If there is a legitmate issue, (which I will agree it was in this case) we normally try to alleviate the problem somehow. But taking an approach like this, will just make him look like a douche and really undesirable as a client to any of the ladies. (who would want to risk seeing him, and piss him off and have to go through this again? Really?)

I know some of you won't like this response, but really it is the only way to make clear where we stand. Yes we want your business, but on the condition you act like gentlemen. And this wasn't a gentlemanly thing to do, hence the less than friendly response.

Please read this response carefully, because if it doesn't sit well with you, this might not be the best place for you.

I really don't want to come across like the "soup Nazi", and honestly 95% people we deal with are great and a joy to deal with. This is a very minor problem, with a very minor group of individuals. And If there's anything good that we can salvage in this thread, it would be that at least we all got to clear the air here.

• Like 1

I have stayed away from this thread, but have been a silent observer.

I took the initial post as a good reminder of an appropriate protocol, one which was probably not thought about, and was just that, a statement of the fact that it would be a good idea to mention a dog or animal at the incall.

But it has regressed to something that it should never have, which is now much more of a integrity issue of some sorts. As I have said before, any good business realizes the client is important, especially if you want their return business. All I can say is that it doesn't really seem to be important in this case, but have to say that hardly surprises me. PK has some very nice ladies, and offers a very good price, and has been around for quite some time. However, no business of risk proof, even after a number of years. No one is asking for brown-nosing, just some reasonable respect of the client. I think this could have / should have blown over long ago, with some good management skills. Perhaps that is the additional lesson.

• Like 1

This should have never mentioned our name if that was it was supposed to be.. In addition it should not have been used to take a swipe at us. Even after that fact, i still made an attempt at being civilized about it. I even got rep points for that. This is where it should have ended. I had several members show support as well.

I can also assure you that our lovely ladies appreciate the fact that we stand up for them, especially against a member that posts something to intentionally damage their rep.

FTR...

I have a dog. Not a pit bull (but he would like to be) and not a purse dog. Doesn't bite, not sure if he has fully functioning brain but he's happy to have a forever home now. Just sos y'all know...

cat

I have lots of sympathy and understanding for the OP and don't wish to enter a debate on cerb again but in my subjective view it is more of the responsibility for the visitor or the guest to let it know to the hostess that he has severe allergy to something. I place my logic on the thinking that if I am going to a restaurant and if I am allergic to peanuts I have to avoid and ask beforehand if there is peanut in the food (or ask not to be). The restaurant or servers or cook or kitchen staff don't have a crystal ball to know and will prepare the food for the 99.99....% of customers without allergy to peanuts. I could be biased because I am an animal lover though especially puppies (small ones) and kitties (no pun intended :) ) but at the same time understand allergies to animals can be a serious issue for some.

• Like 1

Why is it these fights come to a boil on the weekends when I"m here ?

A valid discussion gone off the rails, yet again!

the take away from this discussion. It's a 50/ 50 situation:

Clients, if you have allergies and are visiting an incall you need to advise the provider or agency so that they are aware and can advise you accordingly. Conversely as a client if you have pets and are hosting a visitor you should advise the provider or agency as a courtesy.

Providers/Agents, be upfront about any potential allergy/pet situation so that the client is able to make an informed decision about using your service. Perhaps even more so in a hotel situation where a client would not typically expect to encounter a pet.

• Like 4