Hey everyone!

I have a question about the initial first time conversation.

Is it bad etiquette to call to ask about rates and restrictions, if it is not posted in the ads? I know a lot of the ladies probley dont like people call/texting to ask but how else will a person know? Would I have to just book the Sp and pay whatever she says when she is at my door?

I also dont like the idea of people negotiating. If she stats that it is a price,and its higher than I thought, I dont like the idea of haggling it down, I just say thanks but never mind.

Is this rude? Is there a hidden way I do not know about to find a SP's rate without calling and asking?

If the rate is not published anywhere then I can't see how it would be rude to ask. I also do not think it's rude to ask the services the SP provides.

I would never book an appointment with an SP without knowing how much it will cost me and what will happen during the encounter, keeping in mind of course there is always ymmv. Unless you're rude or have poor hygiene I doubt there would be any issue as far as services go.

That's my opinion, I am not an SP though :).

Hey everyone!

Is it bad etiquette to call to ask about rates and restrictions, if it is not posted in the ads? I know a lot of the ladies probley dont like people call/texting to ask but how else will a person know? Would I have to just book the Sp and pay whatever she says when she is at my door?

I also dont like the idea of people negotiating. If she stats that it is a price,and its higher than I thought, I dont like the idea of haggling it down, I just say thanks but never mind.

Is this rude? Is there a hidden way I do not know about to find a SP's rate without calling and asking?

If you do not see any rates listed on the ladies ad ask her if she has a website that lists her rates/services so that will give her the idea you are looking. If she does not have a website this would be the chance for her to tell you what they are.

I know at first I didnt have a website and I found it a NECESSITY to have one!

Goodluck on your hobbying!-

Hey everyone!

Well I don't think it is rude - rude would be to "assume" you figured out what the rate is in the absence of complete and accurate data and then get it wrong and have a misunderstanding -- so I always ask pretty bluntly during the booking process which is a little "uncomfortable" for me but way better than rude.

As for "restrictions" well that is a different matter, I guess you need to make you expectations clear, I've never worried about that and never found it to be a problem but if you have certain expectations, best to make them clear up front I would think.

A number of ladies won't discuss this over the phone, not sure why but that is their business.

A few ladies have refused to tell me or confirm their rate when pressed to do so - I have no idea why... perhaps they think I am trying to negotitate when nothing could be further from the truth... I move on pretty quickly when that happens :)

Both (rates and restrictions) are non negotiable of course.

Thanks for the advice. I guess I am not the only one that finds is uncomfortable talking about rates when booking. A lot of girls dont have websites posted in there ads. I always feel like a creeper calling and saying " Hey, so what are your rates for in or outcall? Is it the same rate for either or?" And then if I dont like the rate she quoted, saying "never mind". I called a girl awhile ago, she stated her rate. the rate was good, but than she says, "my rate is negotiable". That turned me off right away. I was okay with the rate, but the fact that she basicley said she would lower it without me asking made me wonder.

I was okay with the rate, but the fact that she basicley said she would lower it without me asking made me wonder.

Run, don't walk, away :)

I find it hard to believe that so many ladies do not, at a minimum, post rates in their ads/profiles or at least have a website with all info included.

If that is the case, then yes you are more than expected to call and enquire beforehand and if it is not within your budget, a thank you and goodbye is all that is required.

If they do have the info somewhere and make mention of it in an ad then you should do your homework first!

Happy hobbying!

• Like 1

first time posting, be nice...

I believe knowing what I want to spend on a date allows me to prepare, so I have no surprises either. It should work out just fine...

mongo

Thanks for the advice. I guess I am not the only one that finds is uncomfortable talking about rates when booking. A lot of girls dont have websites posted in there ads. I always feel like a creeper calling and saying " Hey, so what are your rates for in or outcall? Is it the same rate for either or?" And then if I dont like the rate she quoted, saying "never mind". I called a girl awhile ago, she stated her rate. the rate was good, but than she says, "my rate is negotiable". That turned me off right away. I was okay with the rate, but the fact that she basicley said she would lower it without me asking made me wonder.

An easy way to go about it so you don't feel like a ''creeper" (your words not mine :P) Would be when you call say "Hey, I was intrigued by your ad but couldn't see a rate posted anywhere on the services you provide? Would you be able to direct me to a listing where I can get this information" that way you are being respectful, explaining that you are interested and not just out to waste her time. The key to any type of conversation with the lady is respect!

And I agree with the other member who said RUN don't walk away - if a girl is willing to negotiate a rate within a first phone call, a first visit or any first anything it usually shows desperation. And that is just kind of a turn off :P

Most ladies have no issues in directing or giving the information if it is nto already listed on their site or ad, but please make sure you check thoroughly before asking, that is the only time we find it a pet peeve is when the hobbyists see it and still tend to ask.

Best of luck and enjoy yourself :)

• Like 2

I find it hard to believe that so many ladies do not, at a minimum, post rates in their ads/profiles or at least have a website with all info included.

Lots of ladies don't have a web site. I can see how you might think that Meg ("hard to believe") and might as well tell the truth, CERB although the C in CERB = Canadian, most activity and ads are Ottawa and ladies that tour. Once you think outside NCR (and it's only natural for you to think in NCR terms as that is where you live) it gets easier to believe.

So in other cities there may be few CERB ladies, few ads and even none at all like were I live a lot of the time. So if I didn't travel, I'd only see be able to see touring ladies as there are none, that's right, not a one.

Of course having gotten bitten by the "oh, my rates are out of date and my web site hasn't be updated forever" once, I err on the side of rude (if it is rude) and always (but politely as possible) insist on a number (and let's not rehash that one, I know that's the lady's bad or many would say so). If I don't get such a number, I move on. I don't try to barter or negotiate (that would be completely rude) but insisting on a firm price for four hours, six hours, eight hours, well I'm uncomfortable with it but I do insist. Truth be told, some ladies just aren't interested in a longer encounter and say so, no problem. And sometimes I can't seem to get a straight answer so I have to politely as possible pull the rip cord.

Of course I always try to be as polite and respectful about it as possible.

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

I deliberately leave out this info and require someone to phone (not text, not email, not pm) for rates/services. It's my way to screen.

However, consider there are a lot of ad sites that do not allow advertisers to post rates and services, and they will only have that on their website or thru email. If you read the ad entirely, and there is no 2nd option, then they must be expecting rate enquiries. There are also some ad sites that don't allow links. It is confusing because some ads will have them but many will not, making you wonder what's going on lol.

If they provide an email contact, try that because they are probably letting you know that they will send you a website link.

• Like 1

I don't put my phone number on my adds because I want people to go to my website. I add my website to my adds. All clients have to do is click on the link to my website. Once there they have all the information they need. I do not talk about rates and services over the phone. I just book appointments on my phone. It states this on my adds and website. I don't mind a quick email about such things. I do this for my own reasons and it works well for me.

If a lady does not have this information available it is safe to assume that it is not rude to ask questions about rates and services.