What is for supper tonight?

Y'es Buffet.... long wonderful day at work today.. and for some reason <grin> I find myself completely ravenous ;) buffets are always a good idea in those situations ;) (plus they actually have really good food hehe

Going out with my best friend for a guys night out... probably some type of burger... or steak... not sure yet... To Milestones because he really likes the cute little black skirts the servers wear... Last time, our server was male and the skirt really looked awkward... lol... (kidding).

Guest n*gu**6

bbq bacon cheeseburger

Additional Comments:

tonight is a fresh garden salad for starters, bbq beef tenderloin, steamed veggies and Italian potatoes, topped of with a chocolate/caramel brownie cheesecake for dessert.... all of which I am apparently now eating by myself as my plans have fallen apart yet again. Best laid plans of mice and men it seems....

Purrrrfectly done pork loin medallions in maple sugar and chipotle peppers....mixed greens/herbs (all from my garden)...strawberries/onion salad and s&p pasta....glass of smooth red wine....mmmn.....

• Like 1

Thursday: Cod fried in a beer batter with herb fries

Friday: BBQ Italian sausage with basmati rice and steamed broccoli

Guest n*gu**6

I rotisserie roast beef with a red wine reduction, coupled with fresh garden salad and a nice cabernet

last night was an early dinner of 'loaded potatoe soup'...munchies (chips/mango salsa) and grapefruit raddlers (baaaaad kitty lol)

Tonight, I have some ground wild boar I have been wanting to play with... fresh green onions from garden, mushrooms...red wine.. rosemary.. fresh garlic... hmmn... purrrrhaps some meatballs.. and a 'picked from my porch' salad....

I did indeed enjoy wild boar... patties...ground and mixed with fresh rosemary, garlic, green onions, cracked pepper... baby potatoes/herbed gravy... garden-fresh cucumbers pickled with garden green onions, baby carrots, cranberries and lemon... and of course... my 'other' life's blood... red wine <grin>

This time of the year, my diet consists of mostly homemade Caesar salad. The real deal, too. You can't get this in restaurants anymore because to make the dressing properly, you have to use a barely coddled egg. There is risk in using an egg that isn't fully cooked, so they won't do it.

I always use too much garlic, but I don't mind.

I'm trying to watch what I eat, but find that in the summer when I'm eating a lot of this kind of salad that I go through more bacon than at any other time of the year.

Oh, and the local tomatoes are ripe now, so that only increases my bacon intake. Flour-dredged tomatoes fried in bacon fat on toast, or the classic BLT with homemade mayo. MMMMM!

If you want me, I'll be in the kitchen.

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

Last night I was lazy and brought home Chinese takeout.

I continue to regret my decision. I shall be cooking something myself this evening, though I do not know what just yet...