Member Profiles

I have noticed that a great number of member profiles are vague (lacking detail), inaccurate (stating hobbyist when in actuality a provider).

It would be nice of New and Existing members to provide at least basic details on your profiles.

Basic details

Gender - Male/Female/other description

Whether you are - Provider(Sp or MP)/hobbyist/other description

There are other profile details at your disposal as well.

Providers a picture album is always a nice addition to complement your profile details.

Definitely a great idea- always a good idea to take the time to add a few simple details- although I must say that though I have likely too many details I still have had many inquiries from newbies who don't check my profile enough out to find my website, city etc. Takes time for everyone to get up to speed I suppose with all these options and so much information!

It is amazing what you can do to your profile too- you can add a background, change your fonts and colors- I am always so surprised that more SPs and MPs haven't taken advantage of all the options available!

• Like 1

Guest C****** K***e

I can't say how many people I've had to re-tell that I'm from Brandon, not Winnipeg, though it's stated in my profile. However, I do agree that a little effort goes a long way. When I figured out you could change colors and things, I went crazy with delight!

Read posts about, splitting the board, newbies elites, posters and

non posters, small community to big city, etc.

16000 some members...how many bogus or inactive accounts ?

A short random wade through members list I found dozens of profiles

years old with no posts, blank profile, no avitar, zero.

If the ladies are getting business from these "guys" (some dont even

tell you that much) then ignore the rest of this post.

Otherwise:

When you cant find the grass for the weeds, time to get out the

Weedwacker.

Yahoo closes accounts after 30 days. Agreed, way too short for this

board, but 3,4 years ?

Maybe some will re-register and read the rules again.

And those that can't follow the simplest of rules/instructions

should be told to try again (another form of screening).

What do you all make of this ?

Sample profile :

Are you a Service Provider or Hobbiest?: Addicaivalo

(check his Clickbank link)

To me such small things are significant indicators of personality

(intention mischief deception).

They never intend to follow the rules, dont bother to read them.

Then do they belong here ?

How do I get it to say "Service Provider" under my name when I post rather than "General Member"?

Thanks!!!

Ava

How do I get it to say "Service Provider" under my name when I post rather than "General Member"?

That's only an indicator or how frequently you post, doesn't have anything to do with your profile. When you get to 100 posts you become a Senior Member, 500 makes you 'Elite' and 1000 gets you a picture of a crown. And probably suggests that you live here ;)

Thanks!!!

Ava

Hi Ava,

If you pm the MOD, he will give you the details about the requirements to get the "SERVICE PROVIDER" label put under your name.

Kimberly :wink:

I think the main reason people don't fill in all the information right away is they are just trying to get a feel for this site. Now, the basics would help all of us for obvious reasons. It make life a little bit easier if new members would put in a bit more information than they usually do.

Member Profiles

I have noticed that a great number of member profiles are vague (lacking detail), inaccurate (stating hobbyist when in actuality a provider).

It would be nice of New and Existing members to provide at least basic details on your profiles.

Basic details

Gender - Male/Female/other description

Whether you are - Provider(Sp or MP)/hobbyist/other description

There are other profile details at your disposal as well.

Providers a picture album is always a nice addition to complement your profile details.

I agree with Suzirider. I used to run a site with 3000+ users and every 3 months would do a housecleaning and purge accounts that had not had a login in that time frame. Only a couple of times did someone get upset.

However, usernames and more importantly email addresses of those users are a valuable commodity for a site.

I seen the members list link. I don't think I could ever find the time or would I want to wean through it for whatever reason. Search feature is more easier to use.

The problem with purging members is some people do take a year (or more) off the hobby (personal relationships, financial issues, etc...) and when they get back in the swing of it they log back in. I would love to purge old accounts but people log in 2+ years after the originally created the account. Why make them re-register and possibly loose the ALIAS that they were previously known by. I prefer to leave it and I think what we will do is purge them after say 4 or 5 years without a log-in.

That's only an indicator or how frequently you post, doesn't have anything to do with your profile. When you get to 100 posts you become a Senior Member, 500 makes you 'Elite' and 1000 gets you a picture of a crown. And probably suggests that you live here ;)

That's what I thought at first as well. However, there are many SPs and MPs that have fewer posts than I do and it is listed under their user name as to whether or not they are an SP or MP, rather than just a "General Member".

Thank you for your response, Buggernot :)!

Ava xoxox

Hi Ava,

If you pm the MOD, he will give you the details about the requirements to get the "SERVICE PROVIDER" label put under your name.

Kimberly :wink:

Thanks Kimberly!!!

By the way, LOVE your pic...you're absolutely beautiful! So many beautiful girls here on CERB...both inside and out :D .

Ava xoxox

No problem Ava :-D ( Yes I agree, the SP's around here are very sweet and helpful girls...)

xoxo Kim

(p.s. whenever in doubt: pm the MOD - :wink: he knows everything..)

That's what I thought at first as well. However, there are many SPs and MPs that have fewer posts than I do and it is listed under their user name as to whether or not they are an SP or MP, rather than just a "General Member".

Damn, now I see! Not all the girls have it and you know when you see something so much, it's like it's not even there anymore? Or maybe I'm just getting old ;)

Mod, I like your attitude "We'll purge them after 4-5 years". That shows your commitment to this site and it's users. It's comforting to know the admin is serious and in it for the long haul, and listens to us and comes up with some good answers. Thanks!