How to post a lukewarm review

To make my opinion clear. I do not agree that public negative reviews should be allowed on CERB. It would be nice to have a place on CERB to PRIVATELY, PRIVATELY, PRIVATELY share negative feedback with a SP. This is completely different than a PUBLIC negative review. The OP referred to giving a lukewarm reco. because on CERB there is no option to give a negative review. I was suggesting a hibrid PRIVATE review. The hobbyist could get something off his chest (id kept with mod) without hurting the SP's reputation. The mod could screen the comments for rudeness. The SP could get constructive criticism which they could choose to ignore or act on. I believe imoho that an SP would rather see private polite constructive criticism on CERB than to see public negative reviews on another board. Again I will restate that I do NOT believe that CERB should have negative reviews. Please don't put those words in my mouth. Be Happy Be Positive.

Posted via Mobile Device

There is such an avenue on CERB...it is the PM system. If you truly have constructive criticism for a lady you saw, PM her and tell her, or in the alternative use your email and contact her that way. That would allow you the avenue for polite private constructive criticism you seek.

Mod is busy enough, he doesn't need a forum which I can see, and likely others too, spiraling into negativity, and turning CERB into one of the other boards. Nor does he have the time to read every post before being posted. And any offensive PM, well there is a Report Abuse icon, so any abusive/negative PM's can be reported to Mod

Use what already exists, sounds like it fits the bill for what you want

RG

Guest happytimes
There is such an avenue on CERB...it is the PM system. If you truly have constructive criticism for a lady you saw, PM her and tell her, or in the alternative use your email and contact her that way. That would allow you the avenue for polite private constructive criticism you seek.

Mod is busy enough, he doesn't need a forum which I can see, and likely others too, spiraling into negativity, and turning CERB into one of the other boards. Nor does he have the time to read every post before being posted. And any offensive PM, well there is a Report Abuse icon, so any abusive/negative PM's can be reported to Mod

Use what already exists, sounds like it fits the bill for what you want

RG

RG, When was the last time you PMed a SP to tell them about somethng you didn't like? I'll ask the ladies the same question. How common is it to get a negative comment in a PM?

Posted via Mobile Device

I have received feedback both thru PMs and email. I ask for it from a guest if I feel the playdate didn't quite gel for me. I can tell if a guest is walking out the door and he isn't sure if his VFD needs have been satisfied. If I feel he's a good verbal communicator, I will address it before he leaves. If he is a little more introverted, then I contact him with an email and ask him what I could improve to make our time together better which opens the door for his honest assessment of the session and the vital feedback I need to improve my guest return ratio. Altho it's far less common to have a guest contact me first, it has happened and as long as it isn't an attack and his concerns are valid; I make every effort to rectify it for him.

The key is being able to clearly identify what you didn't like or would have liked more of. I also quickly recognize the men who are unpleasable so when one of those come along with expectations so far out of reality, I simply chalk it up to experience and put him on my DNS list. Who wants to deal with the chronically unsatisfied? Keep your expectations realistic by understanding the unique nature of the business and communicate from a place of genuine care and you should be able to clear up any issues at hand...

cat

• Like 3

I think this topic is brought up regularly, and no matter how often, the site hasn't changed into a review site. Still just recommendations.

I have a hard time understanding why if someone clearly wants to post negative (or even going to the topic here of 'lukewarm') they can't simply use the overwhelmingly high number of review board alternatives. Use them all if you wish, post away and enjoy the firestorm (if it happens),

• Like 2

RG, When was the last time you PMed a SP to tell them about somethng you didn't like? I'll ask the ladies the same question. How common is it to get a negative comment in a PM?

Posted via Mobile Device

First, you, not me brought up the idea of private constructive criticism, I just indicated there are avenues already out there to do as you claim you want to do.

Or do you want to have public criticisms of ladies.

It seems a lot of men like the idea of posting public negative reviews, where everyone, the lady included, can read it. But those same men seem uncomfortable talking privately (through pm or email) to the lady.

If you truly want to contact a lady for private criticism, then pm or email her.

If you want a forum for public negative reviews, well CERB is not a review board, it's a recommendation board. There are other boards that cater to negative reviews

But just a note, in general, with all sorts of threads, and not just this one, about allowing negative reviews, I have to wonder what sort of ladies guys are seeing. Yes I've had a few bad encounters...but my god overall my encounters are positive and the ladies enrich my life. Are there that many ladies out there that are really so bad or are there guys just too critical.

And finally in answer directly to your question, well I wouldn't publicly criticise a lady if I'm too uncomfortable discussing it with her in private

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Wow, how many times is the same old question going to be asked? This board has very specific rules about what is and is not allowed. Use it for what it is or don't. As mentioned there are alternatives in place with less rules, use them or not. Something for everyone, use all or some as you see fit. But don't try to change this board into something it's not. No only is it silly to try, the mod won't like it much either LOL

• Like 2

I totally understand both sides of the issue. I think that was is misunderstood is that time spent with an SP that you feel is not satisfactory can be the best time of an other hobbyist's life. So how can you say that a certain SP is not up to par ? Who's par ? Some people like it hot, some people like it not :P

I know some people would prefer to be able to give negative feedback anonymously, but in not doing so it keeps things civil for the most part.

If the SP was a B&S or a scam, there is a section for that, the rest is just a question of chemistry and personal tasts IMHO

This is a recommendation board. Not a review board. I, along with many others, am happy to keep and enjoy it this way.

All the best for 2013 to all!!!

• Like 6

This is a "Recommendation" Board... if you have a "recommendation post it. If you have a "review" post that to a "Review Board" but not here and not trying to circumvent Board Rules.

• Like 2

First, look at the very top of the page on CERB...very top

"Cerb is not a review board-It is a recommendation board so if you do not have anything nice to say...Please don't say anything at all"

But if that isn't clear enough, read the rules, and this is covered in the top three rules

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_rules

And remember, a lukewarm review isn't a recommendation, this is a recommendation board so lukewarm reviews not welcome

RG