how do i get a hold of claire?

Comments

waterat:

Yeah, his question wasn't very Claire!!

crankF:

That's right, please Claireify.

average:

Clairely he is new... On my screen, Claire's ad is an inch to the right...

Wouldn't it have been just as easy to provide an answer to the OP's original question? I mean look at how many people replied to this thread but NO ONE has yet provide an answer to his question. Yes, the question could have been more clear but let us assume he is asking about Claire Heavens and provide an answer!

wondering how can i gwet an hold of her

Here is some of her contact info.

Phone: 613-899-5879(Text Only Please)

Cerb profile: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/member.php?do=getinfo&u=53358

Easy brah, banners don't show on Tapatalk.

Nope guess they don't (and never said they did) but links to profiles do. Trying to point out that when someone asks for some help it doesn't hurt to just give it instead of commenting (sarcastically) about it.

Easy brah, banners don't show on Tapatalk.

Don't really get this ... it was everyone else who was on about the banners. Steve was saying give the poor guy a break and give him the information. Which apparently everyone who responded was clearly aware of.

Porthos

• Like 1

Well since this is in MA section -- i would assume its Claire Heavens.

In case you still cant find her ... here's her cerb banner:

claireheavens-120-60.gif

Speaking for myself, I had some fun with a question which could have been a bit less vague. I don't think anybody meant any harm.

The OP asked for this very same info in May (in the Claire Rec thread) and got a very prompt, specific, and polite response. The OP has also been a member of CERB since early 2010, so I am not sure how 'new' that is. We have a responsibilty to search this site (it works well) and use the mountains of useful info already posted. Failing that, a quick google search by name returns the result almost instantly.

I am not comfortable seeing MP or SP phone numbers being given out in a public thread. Yes, I get it: she has a banner on this site and is easily accessible. That's the whole point. Still, if numbers are being given out, I would be happier if it was by the MP or SP herself. I do not see how it is my place to distribute this info without her approval. Just my $0.02.

• Like 2

I don't think it is inappropriate to put a number in a thread, especially when the number is flashing around all over the place on this site.

But in principle, if you knew the number and it wasn't obviously available, yes, don't post it.

I don't think it is inappropriate to put a number in a thread, especially when the number is flashing around all over the place on this site.

I couldn't disagree more.

The information a lady shares is up to her, not us. If she wants to make her phone number or whatever else available, that's her decision... as is the decision to remove that information from the public sphere if she chooses to do so later. But if we post anyone's phone number in threads like this one, we've removed that information about her from her control, and I don't think that's a good thing to do.

I understand that realistically, whatever anyone puts out in public is likely out there for good... but it's not up to us to make that happen! The fact that in this case Claire's phone number is in an ad at the top of the page doesn't mean she'll want it there tomorrow, or next week, or next year... and that's her call, not ours.

• Like 3

Thank you Phaedrus for crystallizing my thoughts better than I could myself. The original inocuos question has led to a bigger debate and perhaps one that should be had.

Why would we hobbiests ever feel entitled to publically give out somebody else's contact info? It is not our info to give. The public record lasts forever. Typing in the phone number on an open site instantly makes it public record. We could get into a long discussion here about web crawlers... Thus, it should only be the subject him/herself that divulges this info. We have many ways of hinting without actually sealing the deal. It is the proverbial 'horse to water' idiom. It is also entirely possible that a member does not want to be contacted by or reply to another. We have to respect that choice.

Again, I understand that there is a fair amount of advertising on this site and I have used it myself. The ads and profiles are easily accessible and a great tool for the hobbiest. I realize it may seem like splitting hairs as to whether we distribute info that already appears to be readily accessible, but it is a very important distinction. I do not want anybody giving out my personal info and I will not give out anybody else's.

Now let's all hug it out and get back to talking about bodyslides! :)

• Like 2