Half of Mississauga Hydro is out

. It said people should put away any objects that can be blown away by wind, such as garbage lids and Halloween decorations, to prevent damage or injury.

A woman was struck killed by a falling sign while walking along a west-end Toronto street in winds of about 65 kilometres per hour.

Be safe everyone

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Gusting winds last night in NorthEastern Ont last night. Snow expected in large amounts tomorrow from the storm.

From coverage it appears as if we in Canada are going to escape the brunt of Sandy. We have high winds and rain coming or snow in the case for Mighty Finn, but it looks like just a good fall storm.

Yesterday watching the track of Sandy I kept waiting for it to make the left turn inland that it eventually did, as forecast. I hate to wish bad luck on others but I really did not want a direct hit on the Maritimes either.

It looks as if there is a lot of damage to our friends to the South so wishing them well and I hope that it does not get too bad in Ontario today.

I saw this photo yesterday of the Bounty sinking. It made me very sad.

4342300-3x2-700x467.jpg

Thanks to the brave servicemen and women who pulled off an amazing rescue of the crew, although the Captain apparently did go down with his ship.

• Like 1

Because of all the cancelled flights, yesterday was a "snow" day (as in s'no work). Then I was asked last night if I would do a run to Toronto to get some folks down there who'd had their flight cancelled. So do I want to drive 10 hours round-trip into 60 - 100 km winds and rain?

Hell yeah! :) Other than the car wanting to abruptly change lanes occasionally, it was a fun run. Passenger in the back, on arrival in TO, said she'd expected it to be much worse, that the drive down was so easy. I resisted the temptation to tell her she should have been up front. But that's what we do... make it look easy.

Guest *ig*a**

Hurricane Sandy is the biggest blow job Ottawa has seen. Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

Look at this!! A shark swimming in the streets of NJ!!

47372_10152019599197925_919301372_n.png

If that's Atlantic City, he must be a "card shark". lol

It's sunny here at the moment but still very windy.

And surprisingly warm, considering the weather system. With fast moving low grey clouds. Was expecting worse today.

I guess well see how it progresses...

Guest N***he**Ont**y

We ended up with freezing rain this am and then flurries! Better then snow I guess!