Ever been hypnotized?

Am interested in hypnotism. Not for puerile reasons. Have a genuine interest in the science.

Does anyone have any experiences they can share?

I have been hypnotized once at a show, but I was faking it when we(about 8 of us) were on the stage and he said that we were driving our car in the desert without air conditioning and told us to roll down the window. Everyone else pretended to have a crank down window and mine was electric. Everyone laughed at that one.

Are you asking this for personal reason? I heard many good things about it.

I have been hypnotized once at a show, but I was faking it when we(about 8 of us) were on the stage and he said that we were driving our car in the desert without air conditioning and told us to roll down the window. Everyone else pretended to have a crank down window and mine was electric. Everyone laughed at that one.

Are you asking this for personal reason? I heard many good things about it.

I don't think I've ever been hypnotized, but in everyday life you come across individuals who have an uncanny knack to convince you to buy some kind of crap - just wondering if that's part of the art. If so, I would like to know the art of resisting.

Show hypnotists can tell in a few short moments if you're open to suggestion or not. Wouldn't this be a useful skill in everyday life?

Back in my university days, in first year psychology part of the course requirement was to be a lab guinea pig for fourth year and graduate students in psychology. Had to do this for four different experiments.

Well one fourth year student was studying hypnosis. And I signed up for that lab. But try as she might, I just couldn't (or wouldn't) be hypnotized. Just wasn't willing I guess to let myself be open to suggestion

Something about not having control, and relinquishing it to someone else (a stranger no less) that doesn't appeal to me

RG

• Like 1

Happened twice in my life

Was left standing in the open looking like a deer in the car headlights

Once when i met Gabrielle and the other when i met Dorinda

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 3

i have been hypnotized many times ,for both entertainment and therapuetic.

my whole life i was deadly ticklish to the point of passing out so sought out hypno therapy . it has been more than 20 years and i am still tickle free :).

a well known vegas hypnotist ,Anthony Cools, was an acquaintance before he got big and he got me everytime i saw his shows . i was running a strip club and the first time we booked him there he put a post hypnotic suggestion that every time i heard the song "bad to the bone" i would get an uncontrollable urge to find a pole and bump and grind. he completely forgot about it and lets just say i experienced many painfully embarrassing moments until he returned from his tour almost a year later !

i have been hypnotized many times ,for both entertainment and therapuetic.

my whole life i was deadly ticklish to the point of passing out so sought out hypno therapy . it has been more than 20 years and i am still tickle free :).

a well known vegas hypnotist ,Anthony Cools, was an acquaintance before he got big and he got me everytime i saw his shows . i was running a strip club and the first time we booked him there he put a post hypnotic suggestion that every time i heard the song "bad to the bone" i would get an uncontrollable urge to find a pole and bump and grind. he completely forgot about it and lets just say i experienced many painfully embarrassing moments until he returned from his tour almost a year later !

That's a great story!

I've been taken in by a pretty face, but I never pay attention to stupid or over the top suggestions or intimidation. Guess I'm too stubborn. Maybe I'm not a good subject.

I've never reacted to post suggestion behaviour (as far as I'm aware). What the heck is that about? Is it an irresistible urge, or itch, or what?? I spoke with a friend who was on stage in a show & he was a little shy about talking about it - like he was embarrassed.

Edited by Jabba

That's a great story!

I've been taken in by a pretty face, but I never pay attention to stupid or over the top suggestions or intimidation. Guess I'm too stubborn. Maybe I'm not a good subject.

I've never reacted to post suggestion behaviour (as far as I'm aware). What the heck is that about? Is it an irresistible urge, or itch, or what?? I spoke with a friend who was on stage in a show & he was a little shy about talking about it - like he was embarrassed.

anthony said there were 3 types that could not be hypnotized.....those that really wanted to be,those that didnt believe, and those that said "ear"(picture someone passing a joint and saying "here" with a lungful of smoke )

as for the post hypnotic suggestion ,yeah its wierd .as you are no lon ger in a trance state i dont understand why it works ! it was kind of freaky having my body betray me. my mind would silently fight the urge telling my body "dont do it" but i absolutely had zero control . once my staff figured out what was going on they had a fteld day lolthe dj would frequently throw that song on and announce over the PA " i hope the boss has her dancing shoes on " and up on the stage id go

Little known fact about me. I actually attended a month-long course in the mountains of Colorado (Golden) a few years back and actually have a piece of paper that states I am certified Master Hypnotherapist. It's been awhile since I hypnotized anyone, but I find I use what I learned in that course to help me understand and get to know people.

Maybe that's why I'm so good at phone sex and putting clients at ease.

BTW, you cannot be hypnotized or made to do anything against your will.

As for quitting smoking, if you are hopelessly addicted to nicotine, you have less chance of quitting by hypnosis than if you are more simply a "social smoker", which is to say you can take it or leave it.

Happened twice in my life

Was left standing in the open looking like a deer in the car headlights

Once when i met Gabrielle and the other when i met Dorinda

Posted via Mobile Device

Gabriella must be an adept practioner of the art. Same thing happened to me. Think I may still be entranced. I try to avoid anyone who might snap their fingers, as I rather like being under her control and open to her every suggestion!

Porthos

• Like 2