1000 friends---the list doesn't display :(

I have reached a milestone of 1000 friends, but they no longer are able to display on my page. Help!

Funny, I looked at your profile you're right they are gone...... I was at 980 and decided to start cleaning mine up,there was some that haven't posted on here for 4 years and others have simply retired, so I'm cleaning my list up and deleting, I started past Wednesday.

The deletion portion is a pain takes quite some time, but in due time I will have mine down to where it should be.

I have reached a milestone of 1000 friends, but they no longer are able to display on my page. Help!
Edited by PistolPete
Typo my bad....

I checked too, same thing - only one friend is displayed. Very strange. Not something I'm worried about running into any time soon, though, at 25 and counting. :)

Very clever, Phaedrus. :)

It would be nice to have the display working properly on my profile page again, if there's an easy technical solution.

I noticed yesterday that when I pulled up my friends list you were off it. Went back, still off it. Then went back again and you were there. Don't know if that is a sympton of the problem or not, but I didn't take you off my list so you know

RG

I think you've posted this in the wrong place, Cato... it should be in the "first world problems" thread.... :)

Surprised Mod has not interrupted his weekend to solve this "first world problem" :icon_lol: Interesting but don"t have time to add another 901 friends to see this issue first hand! :icon_lol:

• Like 2

Maybe time to purge, although if you can see them, hard to do.

I can't imagine 1,000 active member on this board, but could be mistaken.

Just an idea. Under mini statistics is your friends page. It shows your friends, unfortunately one friend at a time. If you refresh your page a different friend comes up. Now I don't know if you want to do this, but refresh the page and delete those friends who's accounts are no longer active, or are otherwise no longer on CERB. Get your friends list down below 1000, your list should come back, and then clean up your friends with those no longer on CERB.

Just a thought

RG

Glad to have provoked such hilarity. :)

It was, though, a serious, though admittedly entirely unimportant, question about the display function.

And thanks to all for their comments.

LOL

PS I did some purging so the display works again.

Kind of like 999 bottles of beer on the wall, and should one happen to fall, you have 998 bottles of beer. Only in your case, it is friends Cato. And you have had a few fall off the wall, since you are down to 990.

A little purging was in order. :)

Question is: who did survive the purge?

Cato may be a philosopher, but Roman nevertheless, so purges can be ruthless :-)

Best,

toine

Well, I'm glad yesterday's minor dose of snark was popular :)

On a rather more constructive note: it may be that Mod can't do anything much about this, in the short term. If it's simply just a bug in the software that CERB runs on then it's likely that all Mod can do is report it to whoever maintains the software, and they'll fix it... as and when they get around to it. Unless there's a patch or something like that already available...

Edited by Phaedrus