Well, I'm looking forward to 2012 being over. I definitely had some great moments throughout the year, but overall there have been some times I'd like to put behind me.

So what are your plans for New Year's Eve? Are you going out and painting the town red, dancing to a big band, clubbing with friends, going to a house party, or staying in and watching the whole thing on television?

We're having some good friends come over, we'll drink some wine, eat some nibblies, and sing auld lang syne at midnight. Then we'll call 2012 a wrap!

Porthos

My husband says I have to work, backing him up in his biz. And I hope to get some pics of a friend of ours doing his DJ thing for his possible web site.

Maybe it's generational, but I don't really find the idea of going out on New Year's Eve all that appealing anymore. I frequently see events that are going on, and think, "that would be fun", but then usually don't do anything about it.

Porthos

I for once am "painting the town red" and going out to a charity black tie event!!!! This i am excited for!!!! and then to enjoy my New Year's Day with 3 back to back new episodes of Coronation Street!!!!

When my kids were young we used to set the clocks forward at around 10:00 to get them into bed. We'd have a little "midnight" celebration, sparkling apple juice in champagne glasses, then usher them off. Then we could open a real bottle of bubbly and have a little adult celebration.

Porthos

• Like 4

I am going to the formal Gala Evening at Delta tonight, with the love of my life:)

I bought a beautiful dress, shoes, purse and having my hairdresser friend to do my hair in a glam up do:)

This is the best event, you get a room, 5 course meal, then the Gala all under one roof:) No waiting outside for cab for this Chicky!

I hope everyone has a lover to kiss at midnight tonight, be happy, healthy and safe this evening all into 2013!

See ya in 2013 friends:)

xoxoxox

• Like 2