references?

Many ladies require references when setting up an appointment. Considering the various risks that are involved, I completely understand this. My problem is that, though I have been doing this for some time, I am not sure if the ladies I have seen can or will be a reference for me. I rarely book through cerb's pm system as I prefer to call the lady when booking. Thus, the lady rarely, if ever, knows that i am a cerb member or what my handle is. Even if I were to tell them,I am not sure that they would remember it weeks later when asked to be a reference. For those that use this method of verification, would there be another option as to ensuring safety then using a reference? I have yet to even try to book with a lady that requires this as I really am not confident in using this system though there are many ladies that I would love to meet that require this system. It also seems a little counter-intuitive to expect discretion (for both parties) and then have to reveal the previous encounter. Any suggestions are welcomed.

It's quite simple really. Contact a lady you have seen before, remind her of your encounter and ask if she minds giving a reference. Don't see the problem!

Why not book through PM for the simple reason of ladies being able to identify you by username? It's anonymous, so why not? Sounds like you might benefit from it....might be worth a try.

Additional Comments:

Many ladies require references when setting up an appointment. Considering the various risks that are involved, I completely understand this. My problem is that, though I have been doing this for some time, I am not sure if the ladies I have seen can or will be a reference for me. I rarely book through cerb's pm system as I prefer to call the lady when booking. Thus, the lady rarely, if ever, knows that i am a cerb member or what my handle is. Even if I were to tell them,I am not sure that they would remember it weeks later when asked to be a reference. For those that use this method of verification, would there be another option as to ensuring safety then using a reference? I have yet to even try to book with a lady that requires this as I really am not confident in using this system though there are many ladies that I would love to meet that require this system. It also seems a little counter-intuitive to expect discretion (for both parties) and then have to reveal the previous encounter. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Guest ***nsut***jr

You're making it way too complicated imo.

As Alexxxis suggested use the CERB pm system to your advantage.

I use PM's to contact ladies all the time and I even get the odd one that will see me.

If the ladies that you have seen are CERB members I'm sure that they will reference you unless you don't deserve it.

As far as discretion goes I don't really think its something that is an issue within CERB as much as it is outside of the community.

I think we all know what we are here for.

J

PS. From looking at your posts that you have made I don't see why one of the ladies would not help you out

You simply use the method by which you contact and book appts with the sps you've seen. Call them if you use the phone and ask, if they are approachable by email maybe do that instead first, give your phone #, and ask if they are willing to be a reference how would they like the sp to contact them. if you only use your phone, then that is how the sp will remember you, not by a cerb handle or email address, btw. If you contact by email, and include your number and info about the last time you met her, then ask for the reference, she has more info to work with when the sp contacts her.

I for one even tho all my booking is done by phone call, do not want anyone looking for a reference from me or the sp checking them to phone me. They can email for that.

Well a way to put a face to the name if you booked by phone and have had your encounter would be to send a thank you to the lady, either by pm (verifies your board handle btw) or by email. If by email maybe after you sign your name put in brackets after your name your CERB board handle. Maybe even confirm by pm that you just sent her the thank you email, telling her what your email address is (also confirms board handle)

If you think in the future you would like to use the lady as a reference save your pm and or email correspondence (she will more than likely reply to a thank you) That way a reference request could be made by emailing the lady along with the previous correspondence (sort of forwarding on to the lady if that makes sense)

But with all that, even if you had a great encounter, don't expect the lady to remember you three or four years after the encounter LOL.

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

But with all that, even if you had a great encounter, don't expect the lady to remember you three or four years after the encounter LOL.

RG

Exactly, but what's a reasonable time frame for when the gentleman isn't that actively involved in this? 2-3 months?

Exactly, but what's a reasonable time frame for when the gentleman isn't that actively involved in this? 2-3 months?

6 months to a year is fine, I would think. Anything more than a year I don't think the sp you want to see is going to consider that to be current enough.

I provided some information about how I deal with references right on my profile page, today. Just so there's no confushion. I like the fact that you can post some inportant information on your profile page without it being on the guestbook. Another great addition to cerb.