I've been thinking of coming to Halifax but I have a random question. Where would I find a place to go ice skating during my time there?

Should think of coming to Ottawa, we have the longest outdoor skating rink ;) and many ice sculptures to look at, and of course beaver tails too ;) Happy New Year Serena! Hope you find a place in Halifax to skate.

• Like 1

Guest a**4*

You should come to Ottawa the Redeau Canal during Winterlude excellent time to come lots to see and do.....:icon_smile:

There are many different places and venues for skating in the the Halifax area. For the outdoor enthusiasts you can skate on the commons oval as has been previously pointed out, or, there are fantastic out door skating opportunites on many of the scenic and protected lakes across the bridges in Dartmouth. As with most cities in Canada there is a huge number of indoor rinks rinks to choose from as well, everything from single rinks to huge modern four plexes.

You can PM me for specifics if you have dates and locations in mind. Have fun, Halifax is a great place!

Yes I'm sure I can find something fun to do to enjoy my time in Halifax. I actually see Kevin Smith will be there I think the 27th as well. I also just realized a good friend that I call my lil bro is still living there. We may find a raunchy metal show to go to rock.gif

I have excitement building but I won't know for sure what days I'll be coming until I find out what days my classes are :)

I've been thinking of coming to Halifax but I have a random question. Where would I find a place to go ice skating during my time there?

I love skating and if I am home I'd love to take you to the Halifax Oval to skate. Its free and you can even borrow skates.

Please note I am not a good skater but totally enjoy the Oval Experience!

I love skating and if I am home I'd love to take you to the Halifax Oval to skate. Its free and you can even borrow skates.

Please note I am not a good skater but totally enjoy the Oval Experience!

lol that's ok I haven't been on skates since I was 15 or so :) and that's awesome they have skates there in case I don't have room in my bag to bring them. lol heaven forbid I would have to sacrifice packing my ps3 or like 4 pairs of shoes ;)

I've been trying to get to Victoria Park in Moncton but I haven't found a skate buddy yet. When I get back to town I may just go some afternoon regardless just to see how well I do out. I assume it's just like riding a bike, once I'm on the ice