changes in Social Groups?

there are quite a few changes in Social Groups; are these permanent? For instance, when you access a group it seems you are directed to the 1st page when I want the most recent page. Also, before it was easy to see which groups had new posts.

Well, I think the new groups stuff is awesome. You can do a --lot-- more than before.

First up, you can subscribe to groups, or to individual discussions within groups (not sure if you have to be a member of the group to do this, but I see no downside to joining); on the main groups page there's a link at the bottom to your subscriptions, and from there you can see everything that's been updated since you last looked at it (kinda like the threads in the main forum). If you click the "All groups" link from the main groups page you'll get a list very similar to what was there before (all groups, ordered by last activity, most recent first).

The discussions in the groups (if you're looking at an individual group's page) now also work pretty much the same as the threads in the main forum; if you click the main title you go to the beginning, but there's little arrows that link to the last post (on the right) and the first unread post (on the left).

So, you can still do everything you could do before. But now you can do a hell of a lot more, too!

• Like 3

there are quite a few changes in Social Groups; are these permanent? For instance, when you access a group it seems you are directed to the 1st page when I want the most recent page. Also, before it was easy to see which groups had new posts.

I agree in a way it was easier to find the latest post as opposed to now, mind you I like the new look. I find it is tougher to go through it.

Additional Comments:

I agree.. I liked how the social groups worked before.

Hopefully they will change it back.

Change it back in the way you can spot the last changes in the group, I agree.

The core software was updated that runs this. I know most people hate change but I am sure the developers changed these things for a reason. I am still going thru pages of configuration files and templates making fixes and adjustments but the new features I am sure outweigh the learning curve to get accustomed to the changes. ... I actually really like the new layout of the pages and the flow.

Well, I think the new groups stuff is awesome. You can do a --lot-- more than before.

First up, you can subscribe to groups, or to individual discussions within groups (not sure if you have to be a member of the group to do this, but I see no downside to joining); on the main groups page there's a link at the bottom to your subscriptions, and from there you can see everything that's been updated since you last looked at it (kinda like the threads in the main forum). If you click the "All groups" link from the main groups page you'll get a list very similar to what was there before (all groups, ordered by last activity, most recent first).

The discussions in the groups (if you're looking at an individual group's page) now also work pretty much the same as the threads in the main forum; if you click the main title you go to the beginning, but there's little arrows that link to the last post (on the right) and the first unread post (on the left).

So, you can still do everything you could do before. But now you can do a hell of a lot more, too!

The little arrows on the LEFT are neat; I didn't notice them before!