Which songs give you goosebumps?

I know there's a few song threads out there but a friend and I were discussing songs that really give you a chill...hair rising on the back of your neck, goosebumps, etc.

I think everyone has a few. One of hers was

I've got two that I can think of off the top of my head.

and

That one really hits me because I grew up sailing Lake Superior and remember how vicious the storms can be. Knowing first hand the terror of being in a small boat in a bad storm makes the song that much more chilling. The sea has no mercy.

• Like 2

Sometimes overplayed and maybe a tad cliche, but still and always will be a classic and the best rock n roll tune of all time!

Stairway To Heaven - Zeppelin

In particular from the 5:55 mark onwards gives me the most chills and goosebumps.

Oh, and I want to fuck Robert Plant's brains out.

robert-plant-203296.jpeg

Also, this will give you crazy goosebumps too...

At a recent tribute to Zeppelin, Heart performed Stairway to Heaven....

A full choir and orchestra, Jason Bonham on drums... Plant and Page in the audience watching... (I'm pretty sure Robert Plant shed a few tears). Not to mention Ann Wilson's pipes, holy crap. Everything about it is perfect. It's incredible.

(Oh, and Barack and Michelle are there, rockin out too! :D)

Edited by Sweet Emily J
  • Like 5

This is a sad song but for some reason I'm addicted to it right now.

Dancing on my own- Robyn.

Also, this will give you crazy goosebumps too...

At a recent tribute to Zeppelin, Heart performed Stairway to Heaven....

A full choir and orchestra, Jason Bonham on drums... Plant and Page in the audience watching... (I'm pretty sure Robert Plant shed a few tears). Not to mention Ann Wilson's pipes, holy crap. It's incredible.

Emily - Thank you! That was amazing. Add this version to my list of goosebump songs.

• Like 1

Some great ones up there, especially some of the "breakup songs". Brought to mind a story of teenage love. A friend of mine had just been dumped by his girlfriend and was feeling really down and we just sat there listening to sad songs while he had a good cry.

The one that really got us both was

. We both bawled our eyes out.

- Sarah McLachlan.

Listen to it while you put your head in this space: The first time I heard this was at three in the morning while standing in the ICU beside my oldest son who was in a coma with severe brain injuries after a falling down a flight of stairs.

Still makes me cry.

Oh, and the son? He's just fine, thank you very much. Fully recovered. Only long term effect was an improved sense of humour.

• Like 2

Being a product of the 70's I remember seeing Rocky when it came out and for me as it did then hearing Survivors - Eye Of The Tiger makes my neck hair stand on end and get goosebumps.

Sometimes overplayed and maybe a tad cliche, but still and always will be a classic and the best rock n roll tune of all time!

Stairway To Heaven - Zeppelin

I'll add to Emily J's and include another song from Led Zep from the same album -

WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlPjlFQQ3fs

When i hear this, i just like to sit back and listen.

• Like 1

Someone very close to me played this for me and said it reminded them of me when they heard it......it's the vocals are beautiful;) It's still makes me feel great everytime i hear it............

• Like 1

A few others I can't get tired of listening to -

Guns N' Roses - November Rain

Prince - Purple Rain

I started listening to guns and roses after hearing them at a clients, love them.

Prince-forgot about him, he has so many great songs and has propelled so many into stardom-what a talent.

• Like 1

Someone very close to me played this for me and said it reminded them of me when they heard it......it's the vocals are beautiful;) It's still makes me feel great everytime i hear it............

What an interesting song. Really not what I expected when I first saw the images on the video. It's got this dreamy quality but the low bass kick kind of hits you in the chest even with just headphones. I want to put this through my big system at really high volume. It kind of builds and develops as it goes on too...that seems to be a common quality of goosebump songs...they've got to sort of climb...take it to a climax. Like sex.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I started listening to guns and roses after hearing them at a clients, love them.

Prince-forgot about him, he has so many great songs and has propelled so many into stardom-what a talent.

I am glad you share my feelings about my two choices.

I love your choice too -- AT LAST by Etta James. But Josh Krajcik's rendition in his audition in X- Factor really gave me the goosebumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndsTHlX3RYw

The facial expressions of the judges and his mom as he sang this song were priceless!

• Like 2

I'm really into covers by singers who have voices to die for.

Here are a couple of songs that fit this thread for me, by a couple of my favourite artists that make excellent arrangements of popular songs:

Boyce Avenue's take on Leona Lewis' Better in Time:

And for a little Canadian content, the insanely talented Walk off the Earth, doing a version of Adele's Someone Like You. Check out their other stuff, they just released an originals album on itunes (I don't know them personally or professionally, I just think they are worth a plug as I think they still have day jobs):