When calling an sp are you likely to leave a message if you get her voicemail. Does it hinder your decision to leave one if there is no voice, just an automated message?

Voicemail would never matter to me, you just need to more cautious in the delivery of your message. As you'd expect real voice is always better than automated, more personal. Plus hearing a persons voice for the first time and placing a voice to a picture is a little exciting in and of itself and I always get a little tingle from it.

• Like 1

Voicemail would never matter to me, you just need to more cautious in the delivery of your message. As you'd expect real voice is always better than automated, more personal. Plus hearing a persons voice for the first time and placing a voice to a picture is a little exciting in and of itself and I always get a little tingle from it.

I suspected as such. My issue with leaving my voice on my mesage is if someone you didn't want to know about this business were to call that would be a confimation of the fact. So I have an automated message for my discretion .Thanks for your response.

• Like 2

Honestly I don't think I would leave a voice message just cause I have in the past dialled wrong numbers and even sent a txt once. Very embarrassing although I laugh know that guy was like wtf... Wrong number dude. Man I felt like such an idiot. Lol.

• Like 1

This is my issue too. I would not leave a message because I'd wonder whether I had called the right number. But Cristy, that shouldn't override your legitimate precaution, because although I wouldn't leave a message, I --would-- call back.

• Like 1

Even though I'm single right now, voice mail would not work for me. I would love to talk one on one for the first time and call backs may possibly be uncormfortable.

Thanks for the thread consideration though.

G11

• Like 1

I'm used to seeing ads making no reference to voicemail...I've always assumed that it wasn't common practice. Perhaps be explicit in what you want to know when leaving a message.

• Like 1

Guest a**4*

As for me i text i would not leave a message i do not like voicemail i find texting easier unless i am talking to that person directly

As for me i text i would not leave a message i do not like voicemail i find texting easier unless i am talking to that person directly

But what if the lady didn't accept texts, would you then call?

I would probably not leave a voicemail (whether personal message or automated) unless it was a provider I had used before and I was sure of the number. I would call back.

This is not off-putting to me at all. We can't always answer our phones.

• Like 1

Guest a**4*
But what if the lady didn't accept texts, would you then call?

I would call if i could not get a answer i would call back i would not leave a message i have left messages before an no response i find texting easier and always got a response quicker than leaving a message

I always use my voicemail as a way to communicate something to the caller. I change it when I have to go out, or if I am away for an extended time, etc. So it may say call back in 5 minutes, or call back after December 26th, for example. I find that most people will not leave a message, regardless of what information i leave for them to hear, even if I have seen them before.

Some do hear the message and regardless will call back multiple times after leaving 3 messages, as tho somehow the info in my message will change lol.

I have a feeling, given that I do communicate a lot to the caller, that they would be even less likely to respond to an automatic reply type of message. If you are concerned about leaving your voice on voice mail, I would maybe consider going into the texting for contact.

I think a lot of my appeal is in the fact that I do have a voice connection. And usually if someone is contacting me, the assumption is that it is convenient for me to talk

• Like 1

The way I partake in this lifestyle is my encounters are planned far ahead and I initiate contact via email (thus far that has been the preferred method of contact)

Should a lady wish a phone call (two ladies did, but it was part of their screening)

I would call. I haven't had to leave a message because of no answer but if I did it would be

something like it's "RG calling in reply to our email correspondence, I'll call back tomorrow same time"

One more thing, when a lady wants a phone call I'll ask via email what a good time is, just in case the lady may have family/friends or clients at a certain time

Thus far I haven't encountered a voicemail, but voicemail wouldn't deter me from seeing a lady I'd like to see

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy
  • Like 1

When calling an sp are you likely to leave a message if you get her voicemail. Does it hinder your decision to leave one if there is no voice, just an automated message?

I'm highly unlikely to leave a voice mail with one notable exception. I know one lady that updates her greeting at the start of every appointment or any time she won't be able to answer her phone and does it religiously. She tells you it is her, the day of the week and current date and time (so you know the updated greeting is really current), exactly when she expects to be able to check her voice mail again and will be returning calls and therefore when you should expect her to be returning your call.

If these times meet with my requirements I will leave a message because I know if she said she would be checking her voice again at 4:30 pm my phone will ring about 4:35, give or take a minute :)

• Like 1

I think I would only leave a message if the SP I were calling I had seen before. Had a bad experience once where someone I was trying to arrange a meeting with text me back when she shouldn't have...so texting is definitely out...lol...

• Like 1