CERB VALUED MEMBER AWARD TIME AGAIN! - Vote starts July14th 2009 - Nominate now!

Vote for - Valued Member Award July 2009  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for - Valued Member Award July 2009

• Annessa2009
    • Antlerman
    • buggernot
    • Capitalman
    • Cumquat
    • Emma Alexandra
    • Erin-Ottawa
    • Igotaboner
    • Loneskater
    • pistolpete
    • SamanthaEvans
    • Secret Admirer
    • Seymour
    • spud271
    • WrinkledinTime
    • Disqualified for cheating (YoungStud)

Guest f***2f***

Lighten up people this is for fun!!! Emma stay in the contest...I'll come over and give you a free massage....on the house from Fat Bastards (I know always giving that's me)...Yellow flag on the track but soon we'll be back up to full speed!!

I really would like to see Pete take this one, Emma has her SP award, and Pete has added so many great recommendations he has done his part over and beyond!

I am not picking on SP's or Emma, and I have no issue with SP's as members in the contest. However Pete is a long time quality contributor with no award yet! My vote this time is for him to get the award, certainly does not have to be everyones.

Emma, as an award winner myself I know how much fun the whole thing can be, and I am sure you had a great time getting your SP award. You have got to agree that Pete is very deserving this time? It's not that everyone else is not deserving, all the nominies should be having fun with this, and proud to have been nominated.

Anyone who feels strongly about a contestant should voice there feelings, look at insidevoice rooting for the disqualified guy! (would that be doobdude?)

This has been quite a election we have had one "Disqualified for cheating" one "formally withdraw" all we need now to complete the cycle is a good sex scandal.

Considering what we are all doing here what would constitute a sex scandal in this contest?

This has been quite a election we have had one "Disqualified for cheating" one "formally withdraw" all we need now to complete the cycle is a good sex scandal.

Considering what we are all doing here what would constitute a sex scandal in this contest?

Well I don't know about a scandal, but I was having sex today..does that count? I did not feel like a scoundrel, cause the sex was amazing!! :)

http://cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4620

endorsement I greatly appreciate it. Yes members should voice their opinion/feelings..Thanks Dummpy!

I am not picking on SP's or Emma, and I have no issue with SP's as members in the contest. However Pete is a long time quality contributor with no award yet! My vote this time is for him to get the award, certainly does not have to be everyones.

Emma, as an award winner myself I know how much fun the whole thing can be, and I am sure you had a great time getting your SP award. You have got to agree that Pete is very deserving this time? It's not that everyone else is not deserving, all the nominies should be having fun with this, and proud to have been nominated.

Anyone who feels strongly about a contestant should voice there feelings, look at insidevoice rooting for the disqualified guy! (would that be doobdude?)

I personally believe that this whole misunderstanding started when someone said that PP who is leading is deserving of the award since Emma has already won the SP Award. That sounded to me like Emma was undeserving because she was already an award winner. I read the posts and quite frankly I was quite disturbed by it choosing not to make a comment but I just have to now. Emma was allowed to be a nominee in this category and if someone had a problem with that, they should have brought to MOD's attention. Emma is a valued contributor and I believe that if she wins, its because she deserves it whether she has one or 10 awards. I don't want take anything away from any other nominee because I think every member has a valued comment to make whether I agree with it or not. We are a community and we should act like one. Everyone has an equal opportunity.

To the nominees I totally enjoy your all of your posts and if you win I will be the first to congratulate you, but for me, it was Emma's contribution that was more valuable for moi personally. That doesn't mean it was for someone else.

Emma please please stay in the race, as you are a winner in my book.

Warning! The opinions expressed here are the sole opinions of the contributor and may offend some.

ATH

• Like 1

"Emma is a valued contributor and I believe that if she wins, its because she deserves it whether she has one or 10 awards."

exactly! if anything, if someone wins the same or a similar award in the past, doesn't that just ADD to their ranking?...show that through time they are STILL a valued contributor? I haven't been on here as my current handle long enough to pay attention to who wins what and when and how often but I used to be part of a nightlife forum-site with the same kind of contest...and those who won one year would slack in their contributions after winning the award ......obviously being nominated for an SP award and such has not stopped Emma......and why should it? her contributions have led those who seem astray hobbyists to walking straight in the business, and her advice to SPs, in my books, will always be valued. she is here for both parties....equally...and for that I have to tip my hat and duly respect ;-)

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly with Attilla, and the others.

If it was an issue for some for the SP's to be involved, or for repeat awards to be won, the time to voice that was at the nomination. Everyone knew Emma was an SP, and a previous award winner then, but no one said anything at the time. Only after the fact was it brought up, and clearly it swayed the outcome because after that comment, the voting pattern changed substantially.

Emma as a CERB member has proven herself extremely knowledgable and experienced, and she has given generously of both to hobbiest and SP's alike. The posts are only part of the story with her too. Her contributions continue in the PM's. She has assisted many members, freely giving advice and commentary on any number of topics of relevance. Particularly impressive in my opinion , is her ability to converse at any level, simplifying for the inexperienced, and rising to the more "advanced", as the occasion dictates with equal efficacy and dignity. That , people , is a sign of something special and certainly worthy of this award.

But the thing that seals it for me is her retraction. I respect it , if that is her wish, but its a crime nevertheless. Rather than allow any further negativity to continue, she puts pride aside and merely points out what we all should have known in the first place. We members, whether they realize it or not, have all just been schooled on grace and class by this fine lady.

• Like 3

Well said Phigment.

I agree wholeheartedly with Attilla, and the others.

If it was an issue for some for the SP's to be involved, or for repeat awards to be won, the time to voice that was at the nomination. Everyone knew Emma was an SP, and a previous award winner then, but no one said anything at the time. Only after the fact was it brought up, and clearly it swayed the outcome because after that comment, the voting pattern changed substantially.

Emma as a CERB member has proven herself extremely knowledgable and experienced, and she has given generously of both to hobbiest and SP's alike. The posts are only part of the story with her too. Her contributions continue in the PM's. She has assisted many members, freely giving advice and commentary on any number of topics of relevance. Particularly impressive in my opinion , is her ability to converse at any level, simplifying for the inexperienced, and rising to the more "advanced", as the occasion dictates with equal efficacy and dignity. That , people , is a sign of something special and certainly worthy of this award.

But the thing that seals it for me is her retraction. I respect it , if that is her wish, but its a crime nevertheless. Rather than allow any further negativity to continue, she puts pride aside and merely points out what we all should have known in the first place. We members, whether they realize it or not, have all just been schooled on grace and class by this fine lady.

If any of you took the time to read the threads on past Valued Member..take the time...

http://cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4586&highlight=valued+member

http://cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6085&highlight=valued+member

If you noticed after reading the threads, it was all about fun, and acknowledging those nominated. You certainly did not see any comments about SP's being part of it, or awards, or anything but good chat and fun. And we also had some other doobdude voters..LOL

So your last comments have taken that away from everyone nominated, so congrats..good going.

I asked Mod to simply close this thread as you last gents are simply ruining for the other nominee's for the next time..did you ever think of that??

Well said Phigment.
  • Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

I think that the unfortunate turn that this thread has taken would be better understood were everyone to re-read their own posts ... with a view as to how "the other side" (if you will) would read them ...

If all were to do this with an open mind, and with a particular eye towards which of their own individual "throw-away" phrases might have been seen by others as disrespectful or dismissive or unduly aggressive towards them, each "side" would then have the wherewithal to truly understand the hurt feelings of the other, I think.

I am tempted to start quoting chapter-and-verse all the potentially (and I trust unintentionally) inflammatory phrases each has made, but of course that would be absolutely counterproductive. The trick is for each to recognize for themselves which phrases of their own fall into this category. A careful and thorough re-reading may surprise you -- a number of otherwise positive posts have "zingers" buried in them. The author may have pictured the post as a positive one when it was made, but it's human nature for that one "bad" phrase in it to jump out at the reader and leave a bitter aftertaste that overpowers the good done by the rest of the post.

I believe there are grounds for viewing both "parties" as being partially-right and partially-wrong at the same time ... it depends on which parts of which posts are emphasized. To those who feel that they have been insulted somewhere in this thread, you are likely right. Some certainly have the right to feel more insulted than others (this is my personal opinion -- your opinion may well differ).

In short I urge you all: what we need here is some old-fashioned goodwill. It does no-one any harm to take a deep breath, cool off, and resist the temptation to add just one more log to this fire. By now, the thread speaks for itself -- what we need now is not more debating, but more open minds instead. And with the opening of minds, perhaps will come an acknowledgement of the hurt each has caused to others within our Cerb community.

Surely nothing has been quite irretrievably ruined yet. Collectively, we can't let that happen!

Cheers, Wrinkled

I said this before, this award is open to SP's and the Hobbiests. Everyone is eligible who does not already hold the honor. It's not called the "Valued Hobbiest" award for a reason. Maybe we will come up for one in the future for just the guys but for now this one is open to everyone.

Some of you are making the SP's not feel very welcome and I will tell you all that if you do that here you will get the boot. Many of the ladies contribute A LOT to this site so this is (and will not) be up for debate.

It looks like this may be the last valued member award that is publicly voted on as it's causing problems and making some people not feel welcome with stupid comments being made. I hope everyone has said what they wanted and no one else makes any more dumb comments.

While I would not agree that any comments made so far have been "stupid", in some cases I'd categorize them as either biased or sanctimonious. Hey, I think it's cool to have an opinion but I don't wish to be lectured, please.

I erased the stupid comments insidevoice and I am afraid some people do need to be reminded that comments that are immature or intended to cause problems are not welcome on here.

I was not directing this comment at you (apparently you think it was directed at you for some reason?). I guess I should have mentioned I removed the stupid comments that were made before I posted this note - but no one should be taking this personally unless they made stupid comments.

Some people like to push buttons (add fuel to a fire and stand back to watch it burn). Some people say things without thinking about the consequences (or without realizing they are wrecking a good thing by being an ass).

Cumquat's comment "it is a lot easier for the SPs to get votes considering 4 SPs combined have more votes than almost 10 of the hobbiests combined. If I set my status on msn to vote for me for the cerb valued member award I would be lucky to get one vote. But if any of the ladies do that, they are going to get a lot of their guys voting for them."

This may be true but not very appropriate of a comment without explaining what had happened in the past here. I allowed it as it was a honest opinion but some of the newer members may not be aware that we had this problem in the past with a SP who was in the original vote for valued member. (Who did try to rally votes on MSN but she did much worse)

The SP who did this was also making fake accounts and giving herself votes - we caught her and not only disqualified her but she was removed from the site. She was pissed right off that I caught her doing this and demanded that I give her the award... you can imagine how that ended.

Now this is not the case here. As you can tell from YoungStuds slip up we have the shil vote issue under control and you can tell from the votes that Pete and Emma are both getting a lot of the votes here (Fairly) and guys are not voting just because they like Emma personally (She really does contribute a lot here and so does Pete) both are very deserving of the award and both should feel great that the other members took the time to nominate them and vote for them!

I don't think anyone would say that either of these people do not contribute a LOT to this site... in fact, all the people in the vote are deserving on the vote and the recognition.

Some of the comments made however that have stemmed from cumquats post are making Emma want to drop out of the award and have Pete upset as well. That is not what this is about and they should NOT feel this way!

This award is in appreciation for the nominees contributions so the people who are commenting negatively (and trying to use this as a way to disrupt the site) are really just being disrespectful and rude (I am dealing with those people) - and those who's comments have been removed from this thread ... you know who you are.

The "lectures" (If that is what you see them as) are actually very much needed at times. Could you imagine how crazy this site would be if I did not step in and keep things under control. I guess it's hard to see that but if I did not step in all the time and control these situations the site would not be what it is today.

This comment about the stupid posts was not directed at you (I am not even sure why you think it would have been) so you should have just ignored it and moved on. Instead you took this personally and felt the need to make this comment.

Commenting that "I don't wish to be lectured, please." is really only going to get you your own personalized "lecture" (and waste my time) but because I failed to comment that I erased some posts before making this comment I felt I should explain this in more detail. If you feel like I am lecturing you personally than chances are you are either doing something you should not be doing or you take things way to personal. If that is the reason than I would suggest that the site would be MUCH for enjoyable for you if you if you did not take things so personal.

If anyone feels they have the right to say whatever they want on this site, I am afraid you are mistaken. This is a private members only site and everyone agreed to the terms of the site when they signed up. Anyone who feels they can post hurtful comments will quickly find out how fast they can be kicked off the site.

• Like 1

I am sorry for the tone that this thread has taken and equally sorry that some of you feel that it was me that started the mud slide.

If you publicly back contestant A than there is a risk that all the other contestants may take offense to that. (well other than Dubedood I think that is just funny).

And also in my mind I was torn between rooting for Emma or Pete, once Young Stud was disqualified I felt that both of them were very deserving, however in my mind I wanted Pete to get an award for all his time and contributions. I guess being in Ottawa and hanging around elections so much the idea of the competition evolves not just around the value of one single competitor but also around how they compare. (who can we forget the recent smear campaign adds by Liberals and Conservatives). However my expression was merely My Opinion. If Pete had not been nominated and the choices were reduced I probably would have posted and endorsement for Emma, and several of you have done that.

I am still shocked at the small amount of members that have voted, for anyone.

3000 views and 99 votes... I agree... but still better then most elections is it not? lol

Guest W***ledi*Time
Group hug anyone :D

ha ha ... Poly would certainly be an appropriate entertainment for the award ceremony ... which in turn does raise the question ... since the voting ended 32 hours ago ... what is the protocol for the award presentation?

Kisses from me also PP........heheheheeh

but hey I was 9th out of 16...........not bad for a 1st time nomonee.......

Guest W***ledi*Time

Congratulations PistolPete!

Also a bow to all the candidates. All richly deserve the "extra recognition" that the Valued Member Award is meant to symbolize.

On a personal note (if I may slip one in here): Thank you so much to those who nominated or voted for me! Obviously my contributions to Cerb have not been of nearly the same significance as have those of the other nominees -- which only makes it all the more a happy experience for me to see my name sneak onto "the list". I am truly grateful to those responsible for this!

Again, Congratulations and Thank you!!

Cheers, Wrinkled

Congratulations Pete (and to everyone). Just being nominated shows that the other members here appreciate your contributions so everyone deserves some recognition. I have placed the AWARD icon on Pete's account and everyone else nominated got a new icon on their profile as well (Including YoungStud who got disqualified for being a doofus but we all know he is a valued member despite a bad choice while apparently intoxicated).

Award Icon

cerbaward.jpg

Nominated Icon

nominated.jpg

• Like 4

Congratulations Pete (and to everyone). Just being nominated shows that the other members here appreciate your contributions so everyone deserves some recognition. I have placed the AWARD icon on Pete's account and everyone else nominated got a new icon on their profile as well (Including YoungStud who got disqualified for being a doofus but we all know he is a valued member despite a bad choice while apparently intoxicated).

Award Icon

cerbaward.jpg

Nominated Icon

nominated.jpg

That is an excellent idea! All the nominees have made great contributions and this gives them some recognition too.

Mod, you are a wise, patient and generous person. He who is kind to even dumb dood doofuses is truly a good guy.

Congrats to all, particularly our top two vote getters and to Pete, our latest Valued Member! Let's move on to more fun and good times, which is why we are all here.

• Like 1

Award Icon

cerbaward.jpg

Nominated Icon

nominated.jpg

I agree, all of them are amazing contributors and the recognition is deserved. Huge congrats to PistolPete, well deserved!