United Airlines - breaks guitars...

A local musician (Dave Caroll - Sonsofmaxwell) wrote a song about united airlines breaking his guitar - He was getting the run around from united and they refused to replace it.... they are now replacing it thanks to his talent and youTube!

It's all over the news cause he put the song on youTube and it became a instant hit ... That finally got united airlines attention (along with all the major news channels)

I think united learned a big lesson and it shows how powerful the internet can really be and how easy it is for one talented person to cause a PR nightmare for a huge company (who in all rights was being negligent).

Here is the video...

News story on cnn (it's on all the majors)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpQNWNN_HS4

Yes, it's really cool to see an individual use the power of social multimedia for a good purpose. Some groups seem to have tried to co-opt this great technology for various causes and ideologies - some worthwhile (environmentalism, community growth), some not (racism, terrorism). Nice to see an Ottawa dude take on a big corporation and win. And who among us who have flown who haven't been PO'd about luggage at some point? Lol.

8)

I thought it was really innovative. And a good song too!

Shame on United!:???:

Yes I saw the video upon reading the story earlier during the day and it's great to know that it finally can have an impact ...the power of one taken to thousands on the internet...now United listens the voice...

drk

United has recently spoken to him.......and has asked for the rights to the song as it will be used as a training tool for thier public relations side....yah right!......but they are in discussions in rectifying his situation.......

jst shows you the power of the World Wide Web

Witty. There's a girl with the NAC with a very expensive (like tens of thousands of dollars) Cello and she books a seat for the Cello, I recall reading about that.

Witty. There's a girl with the NAC with a very expensive (like tens of thousands of dollars) Cello and she books a seat for the Cello, I recall reading about that.

Amanda Forsyth is her name, now look at her picture... I wonder why Cap remembered the story! I've met her in person and worked with her on a number of occassions, she's quite the Hottie and very down to earth.

1582422.bin?size=620x400