I think being sexy is something innate, it's not something you can act, or try to be. You either are or are not, it's an aura so to speak, that "something" a person has, not necessarily because of their looks. But thats how I interpret it. What does it take for you to consider someone "sexy" Or what does "sexy" mean to you?

• Like 1

To me nothing is sexier than being confident enough to be real and a sense of humour...

Peace

MG

Humor is at the top of my list as far as attactive traits. I think to have a good sense of humor you have to be confident, but perhaps I'm wrong as they say most comedians are very insecure people.

Guest **ng***1

I agree. Sexy to me, is when you know you are seeing the real person and not a put on. Everyone is sexy in their own way. Are they comfortable enough to show it to you is the question.

I remember reading a commentary from a lady who does burlesque. She indicated that being sexy comes from something you feel inside yourself. If you are confident in your body (and we all come in so many different sizes and shapes), enjoy treating yourself to the things that make you feel pretty and amazing, you will present to the world sexiness. We all know that women can dress up as a slut and still not look sexy. However, I have seen so many woman that are dressed conservately and are so hot and sexy I have to close my jaw to stop myself from oogling them. Of course wearing intimate undergarments even with jeans and a tee shirt let ourselves know that we are sexy. The bottom line I have learned is if you are confident in yourself at this moment in your life, you are so damn sexy.

xoxo

• Like 5

There certainly is a long history of many comedian's being insecure and for some their humour is driven by that insecurity and some times unhappiness. And they are performers trying to be funny is their job.

I think having a sense of humour is different. I find it helps people relax, particularly in this game where feelings of vulnerability is often a bi-product for some participants. For me it helps to see past the facade and perhaps allows an opportunity to see the real people.

Peace

MG

• Like 2

In my opinion, I don't think that being sexy has much to do with appearance, nor beauty alone. While good looks attract, our exterior in of itself, is not sexy. Being sexy is about being genuinely confident and positive, intelligence, being proud of who you are, and being able to take control of your life. I'm not very visual and pictures or images of good looking people do not turn me on as much as it maybe should? For myself, attraction lies between the ears.

• Like 2

Cristy, you are exactly right. Sexy is definately an all or none type thing. It's completely inate. Sexy lies in no way in the physical it's completely a subconcious way that a person carries theirself. Bottom line if you have to "try" to be sexy, you're not. Confidence as mentioned earlier is attractive but will not lead to sexy.

I personally am a very confident person who can be very sensual and even seductive but I will never be sexy, I don't have it in me. Sexy and cool kind of go hand in hand you are or you are not. If it turns out that you are not sexy or cool and you really try to be by "acting" a certain way people will see through it.

Cristy as the OP you hit it right on the head in the first post.

• Like 3

I think being sexy is a combination of mind, body and spirit. A woman may be attractive, but not drop dead gorgeous, but have an amazing personality filled with confidence and a great sense of humor. She'll ooze sexuality without even realizing it.....something like the lovely Cristy!

• Like 2

I think all those who mentioned confidence have it right and that's certainly the prime component. Though I will say it's important to remember there's a difference between confidence and arrogance, as the latter is certainly not sexy in my books.

I find flirting extremely sexy, though I suppose that's related to confidence too, as confident people tend to be better at flirting too.

I'd also mention happiness. People who are clearly enjoying themselves and seem to be having a good time always seem more sexy to me. Interesting that--on tv at least--male characters stereotypically considered sexy are often the quiet, broody, intense type, but is that what people really want? Personally, when I'm spending time with a lady, I find a sincere smile and laugh a lot more sexy.

• Like 2

Humor is at the top of my list as far as attactive traits. I think to have a good sense of humor you have to be confident, but perhaps I'm wrong as they say most comedians are very insecure people.
humor is a funny thing( no pun intended ). i thinnk humor is not in the words of the person speaking them but how the liseners mind interputs them. just like your question what one finds sexy,hmmm, to me it is first getting to know the person and once feelings are involed then it can be anything. the way she smiles, wears her hair, her clothes . i feel until you know someone it is just lust. but hey, is that all that bad a thing. but sexy is different for everyone.
  • Like 1

Guest C**Tra****er

Humor and a nice smile are always at the top of the list. Confidence is very attractive but in the right person shyness is appealing too :) Sexy comes in all shapes and sizes.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Shyness.

I battle with this all the time and I dont particularly like it.

I am extremely shy...Not that I really want to be, it just is, and i'm surprised that it could be considered sexy, thanks for that, because I always thought that my shyness exuded a 'lack of confidence'...which isn't the case.

I find confident, well dressed women incredibly sexy!!! Yet a woman who can be relaxed and at ease while sitting on the sofa and carrying a conversation with me is also very sexy. A great sense of humour and the ability to laugh out loud is very attractive as well. :)

• Like 2

I think I've always found something sexy in just about all the women I've ever met. I agree that sometimes it confidence, sometimes it's attitude, humour, how someone is dressed and all the other things the previous posters mentioned. Sometimes for me it how eager or interested they seem to be in me. Sometimes as simple as a touch on my arm when they are talking to me (for some reason I find that very hot). Perhaps how they tilt their head or brush the hair from their face. Could be a smile. Eye makeup. Their perfume might drive me wild. Often as simple as a lady looking me in the eye and smiling.

As I re-read this, I think I just find the opposite sex, SEXY! Maybe my age. Maybe I'm just weird, but on any given day, any given woman will do something that I find sexy! :)

Edited by olderguy
spelling
  • Like 2

Shyness.

I battle with this all the time and I dont particularly like it.

I am extremely shy...Not that I really want to be, it just is, and i'm surprised that it could be considered sexy, thanks for that, because I always thought that my shyness exuded a 'lack of confidence'...which isn't the case.

I, too, am shy. I find shyness in a woman to be sexy. Maybe because we can be relaxed around each other, open up and connect more easily. Maybe because I feel the hidden passion in her that tries to find the right person, the right environment to express itself. Can I become the key that unlock that passion? There is something magical about a shy woman. It's like: us against the world! This is incredibly sexy :)

• Like 2

I don't think to myself I am so sexy. I am who I am and some people find me sexy and some people don't. I guess I try to be happy no matter what and I have the confidence that I will be liked by the people who are right for me.

What I find sexy is kindness, how other people treat others. They say that a man who treats his mother right, will also treat you right. I like a sense of humor, being able to laugh at life and yourself is important to me. Most of all a motivated man who can go after what he wants in life either his career, sports or any goals he sets.

Guest webothscore

I see sexiness in how somebody handles themselves in a variety of situations. Well rounded heads on shoulders is a turn on. Will she hold her tongue when she wants to lash out? Will she use her smarts to come up with a solution? Is she a leader and not a follower? Oh, and I can't say I have ever been mad at classy cleavage ;)

I find it's the person who is most comfortable in their own skin that is sexiest. Someone who knows their worth and isn't afraid to be themselves whether it be what they wear, what they say, how they say it or any number of things that make them who they are. Someone who is not out to impress anyone but is down to earth, authentic and open. A sense of humor is a must and especially the ability to laugh at themselves when needed. Taking oneself too seriously is definitely NOT sexy. Treating people well, intelligence, imagination, easy going, playful, non judgmental, accepting people for who they are....these are all things that I find extremely sexy.

Looks play a part to sometimes guide you in but it's the personality that will keep you there.

• Like 5

Guest *Ste***cque**

To me sexy is a demure woman who knows how to dress and if she turns out to be bright and witty, even better.

I'm not sure what women find sexy in guys. Obviously women like confidence and a sense of humor which I have but I still don't consider myself sexy, per se. I'm a little too quiet and a bit quirky for anyone to say I was cool. I'm more the good husband/provider type than the sexy, dangerous type.

A few other characteristics that make men sexy is power obviously, and possibly availability. We all want what we can't have. Although, I'm not sure then why I'm not beating women off with a stick, being married and all. :)

Guest A*ro**n

Echoing much of what's been said before, but a quiet confidence is what I enjoy. Also a great smile, on the lips and in the eyes is very sexy.

Guest B**na***oy

I could try to define sexy by describing a number of personal attributes that I'm attracted to and never get the 100% recipe.

However I trust my sexy detection device and when I see sexy, my knees become mushy and I lack a substantial amount of blood in my head. ;-)

I have to agree with what many have said, in women and in mind sexy is a reflection of your inner and self confidence... Others perceive the way you see your self and yes that can make you stand out, make others find you Sexy!

• Like 1

Guest Ot**w***og****n

A walk, a look, a tilt of the head, a smile, a lick of the lips, a blink of an eye, a subtle touch of the hand, a breath, a sigh, a laugh or giggle, a flick of her hair, a crossing of a leg, a warm hug, a scent, an exhale in my ear, a soft kiss....and so it goes.

Guest R**3*9

For me sexy is all in someones personality and there is no magic combination of attributes. A pretty face a generous smile and beautiful body are all great attributes but for me an outgoing, caring and considerate personality trump it all.