antlerman rant on snackmosphere!!

Tim's also uses 18% cream - this makes a HUGE difference for people who use cream in their coffee.

They have recently switched to use Splenda for their choice of sweeter as well and I find this tastes just as good as sugar in a coffee (The aspartame stuff like sweet-n-low and sugar twin are horrible and chemical tasting but I really like splenda).

I use splenda instead of sugar (since I have 2 or more extra large coffee's from tim's a day!). I use to order the coffee without sugar and add the splenda myself but Tim's got smart and switched!

TIP: Since the sweeter is pre-packaged if you take your coffee double double in a xtra-large cup like I do you need to ask for 3 sweetners to make the coffee taste the same as the double double as antlerman is right on with the creme and sugar settings being measured per cup size.

.......................................same as the double double as antlerman is right on with ........................

Huh?

What?..............

Really?.............

Yipeee!!!!!!!!!:lol:

How did this thread go from chips to coffee? Anyways, it's true, most black coffee drinkers I know do not fancy Tim's at all. I heard a rumour they put nicotine in their coffee to make it more addictive. Not sure if that's urban folklore or the truth...too lazy to research it. Anyone else ever heard of this?

As for Pepsi, or Coca-Cola, I thought bottlers used whatever water was available locally to put in their drinks. I found the the Pepsi from California tastes different than in does in Calgary, New York City, Ottawa, or Amsterdam

Although in Europe, like some other parts of the world, it's the same price or cheaper just to buy a beer. I found that out in Germany and Holland. The beer in Germany had no preservatives, hence no hangover the next day. Honest!

BTW, Lucky Lager is the run-off from Blue. I have a friend who works at Labatts who told me this.

:boobies:

Ottawa Tap water tastes fine, must have been the hotel and pipes. I hate Disani it just doesn't taste right. All other bottled water is fine, however when we drink bottled water we are robbing our selves of fluoride that is added to our drinking water.

A little off topic but I had a girlfriend who would not drink water from the tap in the bathroom, in her mind the water was the same as toliet water, she was really hung up on this. I'd ask her, so you won't drink it but you'll bathe and shower in it, her response was usually frustration followed by "you just don't get it!" and that night I wouldn't "get it". She would get a glass of water from the kitchen to brush her teeth with it was the oddest thing.

I have blind taste tested many friends.....yes I have friends........on the tap vs. bottle......and the funny thing is 75% of them end up choosing the tap water as better..........mmmmm....