If you won the lottery

Guest B**na***oy

I would fly to Halifax and provide the Royal treatment to the most adorable ladies with an edge.

I would get a money man. Buy a quaint house, ensure my immediate family is taken care of with a home and no debts. I would set up a fund recurring payout from my investments that would be much larger than any job I've ever worked and stick to that budget I would like to see my money grow. From that point I would live lavishly off of interest for the rest of my life. Buying what I want when I want but within reason. I would donate my TIME to charity as I see fit, I feel it is much more appropriate than throwing money at them, it would also ensure I could help as I saw fit. I would live comfortably and do as much good as I could.

• Like 1

As most people stated, I would pay off all my debts. The first year would be the fun year where I would travel and live it up. From there, determine the type of life I want to lead and setup my finances so that I can live that way, without having to worry about money. Even a lottery winner has to live within their means.

Guest Ni**t*****t

Pay off debts, help out all my friends and donate some to less fortunate people through charities that are important to me already. Then I would see... I might just leave... I lived the "nomad" life before and could easily do it again, this time with a higher living standard :)

I feel bad with all these generous people here talking about giving to charity, helping family and friends, etc.

Not only would I buy myself the gold pants mentioned above, I would probably be incredibly selfish and use the money to make more money, financing my evil empire to plot world takeover. I want henchmen people. I'm reminded of the quote from Conan the Barbarian:

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

That's what I'm talking about. Use the money for evil and nefarious purposes. So much more fun than stupid charities all of whom just waste half of the money you donate anyway. Perhaps even better is the quote from Office Space.

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.

Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.

Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.

Peter Gibbons: Good point.

Lawrence: Well, what about you now? What would you do?

Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Well, yeah.

Peter Gibbons: Nothing.

Lawrence: Nothing, huh?

Peter Gibbons: I would relax... I would sit on my ass all day... I would do nothing.

Lawrence: Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do shit.

They say money can't buy happiness. Let me give a shot, in her mouth, in her ear, money will let you put it where ever you want

Guest webothscore

I must watch this movie once a year. They don't make them like that anymore.

After helping people out, I would buy an island for all the cerbies. How fun would that be?

I would clear all debts, set enough aside with a financial adviser with strict instructions to make sure that if I blow through the winnings that there is enough left over to look after myself and my family into retirement. I would also donate 10% of the winnings to CHEO and buy whatever machine the Ottawa Heart Institute needs the most.

Come on people! This is not the thread or the site for boring stories of fiscal responsibility and generous philanthropy.

Let's get all hedonistic up in this bitch....I'm talking rolling around in a bed of money with a Thai ladyboy stuff here. Planes, cars, trips around the world....fantasy stuff.

Yeah, I know we'd probably all be boring and conservative if we REALLY won but what would you fantasize about doing if money were no object?

• Like 1

If it was a million or two, I would buy a couple franchises and live off those and grow up the # of franchises!!!

If it was many millions. FIrst change the lives of my close family and friends. I would go off and travel the world for the first year or two living off my interests. And then invest in a few franchises!

I would pay off all my debts first. I'd make sure my kids were comfy. I would buy equipment for the Children's Hospital.

I would get myself a nice spot on an Island in the south. I would bring in all the Corna I could drinking. I would run away with a beautiful young lady and she knows who she is.

Have beautiful SEX with her all day long on the beach. Oh!! I better bring a few more beautiful lady's from Cerb too. AND just have SEX all day every day till I died.

Sex, drug and rock-n-roll!

In no particular order.

However, not too sure about rock-n-roll whatever that is, and no interest in drug ... So that leaves ... Responsible fiscal spending!

Yes, the usual. Get an investor, invest, pay off debts. Set up my families, they struggle so much. Travel by motor home all over Canada and the States to the places I haven't yet gone, never by plane. Do Route 66 again, this time longer. Maybe even down into south America all the way to Chile. Of course my charities would get a big chunk too, hate seeing animals suffer.

Mad money goes to Shoes, lots of them. Personal help with buying clothes (I suck at that - either too modest or too slutty, can't seem to find the right mix). I would also buy my first car - 1973 Chevy Impala 4 door. It would have to be immaculate, and it would be a great color too like Forest Green or Purple - actually, knowing me, it would be Forest Green and Purple - I love that combination. Don't know why everyone says never to mix those two colors, I love it. That's why I would need someone to help me buy my clothes, my color combinations can be weird.

One can only dream. However, you have to buy the ticket first.

Assuming it's a big win (over $3M), it pretty simple, I'd retire.

Other than being retired, my lifestyle would not change that much. No multi-million dollar mansions, huge boats, etc. which is the trap most people fall into.

Remember, if you win $3M dollars, it's the same as a guaranteed before tax income of over $200K per year for over 20 years. That's a bigger income than the majority of Canadian families.

• Like 1

I would pay off any outstanding debts and move to a new place that could be come my solace. No pain, no regrets, no stress, just enjoying all of the finer things in life.

If I won the lottery... Oh boy!!!

I'd buy myself two extremely nice cars. A man must be able to buy a Lamborghini and a Mustang.

A house in Florida, Condo in Honolulu and maybe a place in Ottawa.

I'd put the rest of the money into savings. Oh and give some to my parents and sister to pay off theirs loans, mortgages.

I'd still go to school to be a paramedic though. I couldn't live without working a high stress job.

Go Fishing!

Be that "anonymous" donor

Have a property that produces it's own power, crops and such. And Zombie proof of course

• Like 1

Like many have mentioned already, pay off debts and open up quite the savings fund. Enjoy a nice long vacation, donate to a few charities and of course enjoy some well spent time with the lovely ladies of cerb :)

Guest c**io**m7

With the size of the lotteries lately...disappear. I have a family and nothings spells danger better than picture and city of residence splashed on the front page with an oversized cheque. Take Friday's LottoMax of $50million...just imagine how many new and old friends would be at your door.

Guest D***el B***e

Assuming it's a sizable amount, first thing I would do is the 6/49 dance in my office ... then pay off all my debts, treat my close friends, family, and a few select covert friends to a nice surprise then disappear in the sunset. As curiousm7 says, nothing worse than having your name splattered all over the papers and internet holding a big cheque.

One the dust settles, maybe in 6-8 months, I'd reappear and resume life where I left off. Life is too good with close friends, family, and amorous providers to give up entirely.

I'm not sure I'd be a different man but I may sleep better at night.