Star Trek Thread. (Just cause)

I've never liked Star Trek. (any of the series) Always thought they were corny as fuck and boring to boot! I couldn't ever imagine a world where I liked Star Trek.

After being coaxed into watching the newer movies and thoroughly enjoying them, I got it into my brain to give the tv show another shot.....downloaded a couple episodes of TOS.....and you know what? I'm freakin' hooked!! I even just bought the complete original series on blu ray on ebay!! What...the...FUCK?! .....I really can't understand it. Is this what a midlife crisis feels like?

Some people have too much time on their hands (that is not a complaint! :))

(Picard sings Let it Snow)

Are any of you familiar with Texts From Last Night? Well, some genius went and combined Texts From Last Night with screen shots from Star Trek: TNG and it is priceless:

http://textsfromtng.tumblr.com/

I believe this one is actually true. (Thanks for the link, @Berlin)

tumblr_mqbd92XKhp1szio5ao1_250.jpg

Though I still think he'd look a tonne better in, like, magenta or ruby...

• Like 1

leonard-nimoy.jpg

beloved "Star Trek" actor explains that he's been diagnosed with a rather serious lung disease: "I quit smoking 30 years ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit now!! LLAP [Live Long and Prosper]."

COPD, short for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, is one of the most common lung diseases. Said to be caused by smoking, COPD makes it increasingly difficult to breathe. It usually manifests as emphysema or bronchitis.

Nimoy took the opportunity to beg his followers to take his lead and put down the cigarettes.

"Smokers, please understand," he implores. "If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late. Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now."

He adds, "I'm doing OK. Just can't walk distances. Love my life, family, friends and followers. LLAP."

Take care of yourself, Spock!

spock.jpg

• Like 1