I had this idea a few days ago to explore aspects of the human voice. What vocal qualities make a voice really sound pleasant or sexy? There are many attributes to the voice, but if asked, we are not always able to say what it is that makes it so.

There is of course pitch, volume, speed, and pacing. Other traits are inflection, tightness, resonance, nasality, etc.

I'll leave you with some candidates that are generally deemed to have pleasing or sexy voices and you may add your own names and comments.

Remember this is of necessity very arbitrary:

Angelina Jolie

Michelle Pfeiffer

Melanie Griffith

Marilyn Monroe

Lauren Bacall

and for the ladies:

Clive Owen

Robert Plant

Placido Domingo

Lenny Kravitz

Paolo Nutini

(obviously to be updated by you!)

Let's have some fun with this!

Having just watched America's Got Talent (I started watching last year because I'm a HUGE Howard Stern fan!) I noticed Mel B (Scary Spice) has an incredibly sexy voice! Who knew? It's kind of deep and sultry and I'm a sucker for a British accent! She also looks even better than she did 15 years ago when I was a little perv watching Spice Girls videos in my basement and having impure thoughts!

• Like 2

I don't like British accents. But Emma Watson for some reason is an exception. I want her to be the mother of my children.

And Emma Stone. Apparently, it's deep because of a childhood accident. Whatever the cause, this is how I feel when I hear her talk

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltg80uuGgr1r4ghkoo1_400.gif

Must be an Emma thing

• Like 2

Guest ****ven

I do love Angelina Jolies voice - it is strong and well projected - but sexy and with a hint of a rasp. She Sounds Hot.

Elizabeth Hurley also has a sexy lilt to her accented voice. Its very playful but with a hint of naughtyness and a bitchy edge love it.

I also Looooove the sexy southern drawl of Matthew McConnaughey it exudes sex with a bad boy rough around the edges quality. yummy heehee.

I agree with Nicolette Vaughn - I think Demi Moore has a very sexy but husky voice which I like.

From the cerb ladies here, one of my favs has the most sexy and sensual voice I have ever heard, and listening to her drives me crazy every time - and I love it! :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

Dusty Springfield springs to mind ;)

And although I wouldn't classify it as dripping with "sex" per say, Carrie Underwoods voice on her rendition of Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home is freakin' beautiful!

• Like 2

Guest ChantalSummers

Elizabeth Hurley without a doubt!! I'm into English accents myself too.

Elizabeth-Hurley-04.jpg