here we go again-cancellations!

I agree 100 % , Everybody should be courteous especially since time is always money and we all have only so much of it . It is too bad that this happens , Someday it will come down to deposits for everything , FOR THOSE WHO DO THIS < STOP you are screwing up a good thing for the rest of us .

• Like 4

I agree 100 % , FOR THOSE WHO DO THIS < STOP you are screwing up a good thing for the rest of us .

Thank you and you are right, the gentlemen who are serious, thoughtful and considerate do become affected when a few select men play games, fool around or just thoughtlessly cancel. I am lucky, as I don't rely on this as my day to day income but my "play" money so if I loose a client I'll be fine but my time is something I do take seriously, I do volunteer so when I set aside time to visit with gentlemen I am taking time away form that or other activities I deem important. Time is a valuable commodity and an irreplaceable one, it shouldn't be toyed with and, shame on those who do.

• Like 6

Sorry to hear about this recurring problem, Cristy. Seems to me the thoughtless, self-centred guys who do this won't change until there are some consequences for their actions.

Maybe SPs and MAs could maintain a "gray list" of known time-wasters. That way you all could, say, require guys on the list pay a booking fee up front due to their known history of cancellations.

Once the guys realize there's some kind of coordination among SPs and a penalty for their thoughtlessness, maybe they'll finally think twice about wasting everyone's time?

• Like 5

I've mentioned this before just like this thread similar post have been made, but I guess some people need reminding or there just ignorant. You don't cancel doctors appointment or lawyer consult without a good excuse then why treat a provider any different. If anything a provider has the most to loses. She spent unpaid time in communication where lawyers charge a huge fee. The amount of perpetuation that she does before you're appointment, getting dressed, clean cloths, sheets and showers is a lot more than a doctor who just takes out your file and read quickly your medical history. They also have staff that get paid for prepping a room and cleaning it, where a provider loses out. They charge a fee next time they need to visit so should a provider. Heck I thick mightypen got a good idea with the Grey list maybe take it one step further your name stays on until you apologize to the provider who's time you wasted and pay a cancelation fee.

I'm going out on a limb since I got no experience in this area but I'm pretty positive that the provider are pretty understanding and forgiving when cancelling with valid reason and reasonable amount of notice. So why screw it up for the rest, be considerate switch shoes. Treat other how you which to be treated in return.

• Like 1

To be quite honest, in my experiences as an SP, I have encountered many women "haters" and am a firm believer that at least 50% of NCNS are quite probably another SP trying to pose as a gentleman in order to waste your time.

Many of the lovely ladies here are exquisite companions and definitely demand respect, but let's be honest ladies...You've met at least one woman in your life whom you deem capable of this behavior. Not saying the men here don't also play games, just saying we can't always blame them.

Wow! Didn't expect to read this. I don't want to tell people what to do in their business, but I've only had a pre-screen call once, and a reference check once. I'm wondering if that reduces the NCNS.

And funny enough, I just opened this thread as I was calling to confirm an appointment for today, and it got cancelled. But the poor girl was waiting till now (agreed call time) to tell me because of a bit of a snafu. No harm no foul, she was extremely apologetic. It's the second time it's happened to me, but in both instances, the SP had the decency to call me and let me know it advance.

I'm need to find a "Finding your soul-mate" thread next time I make a call.

• Like 3

To be quite honest, in my experiences as an SP, I have encountered many women "haters" and am a firm believer that at least 50% of NCNS are quite probably another SP trying to pose as a gentleman in order to waste your time.

Many of the lovely ladies here are exquisite companions and definitely demand respect, but let's be honest ladies...You've met at least one woman in your life whom you deem capable of this behavior. Not saying the men here don't also play games, just saying we can't always blame them.

Sadly I have to agree with your post. However I don't know if I have any posers but certainly, I'm sure at times when these things happen there is a woman behind the man that has put him up to the no good.:(

I wonder how hard it would be to ask the mod to start an SP only area ; similar to the bad date one that I think exists so that there is an area where these numbers , people , etc can be tracked ?

Thoughts?

• Like 3

Wow! Didn't expect to read this. I don't want to tell people what to do in their business, but I've only had a pre-screen call once, and a reference check once. I'm wondering if that reduces the NCNS.

There are many reasons why some of us ask for a reference(s) and one of them is to verify that the person contacting you actually "exists" and that it's not some random person (female or male) behind an anonymous email address just having fun, pretending to want a rendez-vous and wasting our time in the process.

• Like 7

As with many things, disrespect is not about gender. It's not about what's between the legs but about what's between the ears ( and in the heart...if there is one).

• Like 4

There are many reasons why some of us ask for a reference(s) and one of them is to verify that the person contacting you actually "exists" and that it's not some random person (female or male) behind an anonymous email address just having fun, pretending to want a rendez-vous and wasting our time in the process.

Much as we think pre-screening or reference check is a bother, it definitely looks like a good way to eliminate this NCNS rubbish. It boggles my mind that someone will treat another person this way, ie. NCNS, especially knowing that the ladies rely on this income to feed a child or children, to make a living or to further their education. I don't think a respectful and decent hobbyist will do this sort of things.

Speaking from my own experience, I have had to cancel ( 2-3 days ahead) only once, and it was due to illness. I offered to pay the lady in full in case she could not find a replacement.

• Like 2

this already exists :)

Additional Comments:

I wonder how hard it would be to ask the mod to start an SP only area ; similar to the bad date one that I think exists so that there is an area where these numbers , people , etc can be tracked ?

Thoughts?

• Like 1

this already exists :)

Additional Comments:

Not all of us have access however:( If you are in agency or an agent, we do not have access to post about or read bad dates. Never understood why, I am sure there must be a good reason.

So for me I depend largely on references and "habits" of emailing from the inquirer. No blocked number etc... But this has it's own set of holes in it. Sometimes ppl do slip threw the procedure, and end up finding location or other details. This is when I become alarmed, then make even tougher to book, but then some gent's don't want to jump threw the hoops. They just don't get booked. and if they do pass the tests, then I say " ohh well, cant depend on anything till they walk through the door!" I do my best to make it easy enough for the client, but also not making it easier for the time wasters etc..

Always have a back up plan lol

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia
  • Like 3

I posted this thread on cerb because all the men I am speaking of are cerb members and one did give a reference which was confirmed, that one was a while ago but still, with him I spent 45 mins alone just on a phone conversation. Stupid, probably, but it was done. In any event no matter how much you can verify someone some people just don't care, even if they have given you their details.

• Like 2

Sadly I have to agree with your post. However I don't know if I have any posers but certainly, I'm sure at times when these things happen there is a woman behind the man that has put him up to the no good.:(

So does this mean if anybody gives me a hard time seeing a provider I can blame you provider say you goes put me up to it with your enticing and beautiful ads:) lol I'm just kidding I do what I want to do and It's my choice no one else.

• Like 1

I posted this thread on cerb because all the men I am speaking of are cerb members and one did give a reference which was confirmed, that one was a while ago but still, with him I spent 45 mins alone just on a phone conversation. Stupid, probably, but it was done. In any event no matter how much you can verify someone some people just don't care, even if they have given you their details.

Some men are purely ignorant. This has happened to me five times in one day. Waste of time to say the least. Especially considering us ladies get all done, (, face, hair, clothed) to sit and wait, wondering hum..

Why is he was a no show when he followed all your directions asked and was anticipating our rendezvou.

I don't think I will ever understand why this happens. Selfishly I'm glad you posted this, as I thought it's only happening to me.

• Like 3

To echo Carrie I agree, it happens in most customer service/sales businesses. I prefer a cancellation over a no show any day!

• Like 5

Guest D***el B***e

I understand the perspective but it's a dog-eat-dog business ...

- same in the consulting industry with companies playing dirty games to win contracts

- same in the construction industry for lucrative contracts

- same in retail to be the first with unique products or services

- same in hi-tech to strip the best employees from a competitor

- same in the tourism industry to fill up your Inn or Hotel

- same in the oil and gas business to draw investors

In the rat race, sometimes good people finish last ... I'm an honest guy, I have a strong business etiquette, been doing the same work for over 30 years, I know all the ins and outs ... and I still get fucked occasionally.

my 2-cents ...

- same in the consulting industry with companies playing dirty games to win contracts

In the rat race, sometimes good people finish last ... I'm an honest guy, I have a strong business etiquette, been doing the same work for over 30 years, I know all the ins and outs ... and I still get fucked occasionally.

my 2-cents ...

That's all fine and good, admitting that it happens in other industries but it doesn't excuse the bad behavior, nor justify it. Bad manners and poor excuses are never appropriate here or in any business and it needs to be discussed and admonished from time to time until it changes!

• Like 3

Guest D***el B***e
That's all fine and good, admitting that it happens in other industries but it doesn't excuse the bad behavior, nor justify it. Bad manners and poor excuses are never appropriate here or in any business and it needs to be discussed and admonished from time to time until it changes!

Totally agree, but there's a-holes everywhere ... I even work with some of them! lol ... and, as you say, in this particular 'service' business, bad behaviors and bad manners are not a good excuse. The good part is you can build a grey list (as was mentioned earlier). I think that's a great idea. When people are refused by a provider and a reason is given, they'll think twice ...

my 2-cents ...

I do agree with you on this, but one added thought that sets this industry apart from most, is the risk and safety issue. It frightens a lady each time someone jumps threw the booking barrier, then has location and other details, and doesn't make it to the door after. It puts our "spidy" sense's on over drive, thus making it harder and harder to book, thus some fine gent's get turned down.

But yes, we do get messed with occasionally, as in any business, and that why we need to have plan B in place , lol...

• Like 3