Do you hear your real name

question for the ladies

do you ever see your real name for someone's stage name or here on cerb.

I have . It feels a little strange to me when I hear my real name like that.

• Like 1

I guess it all deoends on how common your name is not just as stage name but also a common name under any circumstances... Myself due to my Latin American roots and origins have a non common name for North American culture... I guess if I ever see it, it would be really a weird thing!

I have only seen my real name used once and she is not in my city. I have to admit I had a mild heart attack the first time I saw the advertisement.

• Like 1

Guest S****r

Something new to me, although different from what you are saying, is that I have begun talking to/thinking of myself as my stage name! I have twice caught myself saying to myself (in my head) okay, Summer, blah blah blah blah blah.

What the heck? lol

Guest **l****uz
question for the ladies

do you ever see your real name for someone's stage name or here on cerb.

I have . It feels a little strange to me when I hear my real name like that.

Most definitely, I especially love it when I see her and I think, Man....SHE'S H-O-T!!

Most definitely, I especially love it when I see her and I think, Man....SHE'S H-O-T!!

No fair...now we wanna know!

I see my real name on here used by a number of ladies, first and middle. I smile when I see it everytime!!

I thought to myself years ago, why didn't I use my first name no one would figure it out but living where I do probably, so I love Lexy and it suits me.

Edited by Lexy Grace
Typo!!
  • Like 3

I see my real name on here used my a number of ladies

Me too, there is at least one in Ottawa at any given time. (& every city I visit has one.)

It's a classy, wicked sexy name.. what can I say! ;)

Kim

• Like 3

An SP who was new to the business and was helping her out, she used my real first name. lol. Another time I saw an Asian girl using it. It is funny to see but I do have a common girl next door name so it's not a surprise.

Great thread. I've always wondered if that could be awkward or quietly amusing. In the beginning it must be difficult to respond properly to your alias.

I envision the occasional "deer in the headlights look" when being called by your chosen professional name. I can see this being especially challenging in the SC environment where they call your name for the next set or trying to introduce yourself hundreds of times to new gentleman. Then to add the occasional beverage into the mix making it that much more of a challenge.

This must require great concentration for several days/weeks/months. Not to mention quick thinking to cover up a possible slip. I'm sure some of the ladies could tell some interesting awkward moment stories.

I went to a social once, and there were a few people there who knew my real name. One person introduced me to someone and said "this is _____". The name they used was my real name, and I didn't know who they were introducing me to. Turns out that person was using my name as a work name. Initially I thought they were introducing me to people using my real name. I almost shat myself.

It's wasn't a big deal, and turned out to be quite innocent, but my gosh. It was a shocker moment!

My government name has never been my "real" name, I've been trying to change it since I was 6. I've never seen another SP use it but I see my daughters names used and it always makes my heart skip a beat.

When someone calls me by my gov't name my stomach sinks because it means they either have a warrant and handcuffs with my name on them or they want money that I probably don't have. My doctor calls me Catherine and my children introduce me as Cat. Anything to do with my gov't name is stressfull, grown up stuff that makes my head hurt. I've never had a situation that involved my "real" name that wasn't painful in some way and anyone who choses to use it is corrected immediately and if they continue to use it they are eliminated from my life...

cat

Yes, there was another SP who used my real first name and every time I saw her post or a review of her, I instantly thought "WHO IS TALKING ABOUT ME?" And then I remembered where I was.