My limit is still at 1000 messages (the increase seems to have coincided with my reaching 100 posts).

1000 seems plenty for me, especially since it auto-deletes sent messages after a while.

Have not really niticing that the limit is down, but I am constantly cleaning my inbox and sent items folders as they both affect the capacity of your ability to receive messages.

Anyone else notice their limits went down or know if this is permanent?

My limit is 500, so what I hypothesize is that you noticed the change because you recently were switched from "Senior Member" to the official "SERVICE PROVIDER" user category.

It looks like "Senior Members" (and maybe "Paid Advertisers"?) have a limit of 1000, and we have 500.

Can anyone else confirm?

Never bothered to look at what I'm allowed till reading this thread.

Afraid to say what my limit is.......but seems it is a combined inbox/sent of 2500 allowed.

Certainly more than I'll ever need and doesn't seem to make any sense as the amounts for everyone seems to be different.

I noticed that when I got to Senior Member my limit went from 200 to 1,000. (combined Inbox, sent and kept PM's)

It does seem wierd that the ladies would have a smaller limit of 500. After all, the ladies get a ton more PM's than I ever would.

• Like 3

Perhaps is to somehow force us to clean up n get rid of unnecessary

PMs and that way keep more free space in the server....

The last time I checked ( before my Elite status), the total number allowed was 1000 - I believe. But now, after reading this thread, I checked and it has jumped to 2500 - most likely because of my Elite status. It is comforting to know that I don't have to keep deleting them like I have to do on the other board.

So, that's what the difference is then.

General Member (<100 Posts) = 200

SERVICE PROVIDER/Paid Advertiser = 500

Senior Member (100+ Posts) = 1000

Elite Member (500+ Posts) = 2500

• Like 3

I am TOTALLY seeing the fairness here...

TBH I think SP/MA are receiving way more PM than the hobbiests...

I would have to agree with you Malika. I would think the SP's would be receiving many more then the average Hobbiests.

Edited by MellyBelly
spelling

Have to agree with Malika, as a hobbyist I usually only get PM's when I initiate a conversation with a MA/SP. Can't see ever hitting my limit.

MA/SP's must get lots of PM's daily (dozens??). I can see you hitting the 500 limit fairly quickly if your not constantly cleaning up your inbox.

I'm an Elite and SERVICE PROVIDER with over 2800+ posts and only get 500 and that fills up way too quick. I guess it's something I will manage and do deal with in the proper manner. It does suck a little bit. Oh well, what can you do but deal with it.

Um... yeah, that just seems wrong. I'd have thought paid advertisers would have more than anyone else, 'cos they're paying :) Or at least, not be penalized for funding the site.

If anyone wants to borrow the 2450 that I never use, let me know...

Lol. Man you ladies and gents get a lot of mail eh?

I think I've received like 15 messages since joining CERB. Haha. Guess I need to pm people more often! Lol.

It does seem strange that SP/MA's get so much less then normal members considering communication is part of our business. I wonder if this might be open for discussion? Would those of us under the SP/MA classification be interested in higher inbox limits and would it matter to hobbyists if their limits were reduced (thus balancing out the server use)?

• Like 1

Would those of us under the SP/MA classification be interested in higher inbox limits and would it matter to hobbyists if their limits were reduced (thus balancing out the server use)?

I'm only using 32 of 1000, and I was doing fine with the old 100-message limit.

I don't think the space the senior/elite users aren't using actually takes any space on the server, though.

Has anyone just asked MOD nicely? It might not be a big deal to grow mailboxes.

Guest D***el B***e

I went from 200 to 1000 max PMs when I went from a general member to senior member. However, at the rate my PMs are coming and going, I'll be hard pressed to fill up my mail box in 3 years. My traffic is definitely low compared to a SP.