As it is legal for women to go topless in Ontario would you as an SP or MA in Ont go topless either in public or in your back yard where you could still be seen? Do you think Ont should have this law and why is it so taboo in our society for women to go topless?

Guest K***e D****ls

I go topless when I'm in Europe on beaches or Vegas (at the bare pools in Vegas). In Europe, it's accepted and isn't a big deal whatsoever. In Vegas at the adult pools, there is a no cell phone policy because it obviously is a bigger deal when it comes to being a bit taboo still and with personal privacy issues. Losers would be trying to snap shots of women they find attractive (for what? Their personal spank bank? Creepy). But I feel very comfortable there being topless because of the security making sure no cells are out, and at the adult pools, the point is that it's a bare pool and everyone does it so you don't stand out.

There is no way I would do it here. Too many creeps trying to document it like no one has ever seen breasts before! No thank you. Lord alone knows where those images could show up with the internet as out of control as it is. (And to prevent anyone from jumping on me about my Kylie photos being all over the internet, my face is blurred and I'm the one who put them up. It's completely different when it's a private personal moment and out of your control.)

Edited by K***e D****ls

I go topless on beaches, and in a yard/balcony if I'm tanning. I do not go topless walking down the street, as I personally find it tacky for men to do so as well.

• Like 3

I love going topless also...where its permitted of course! backyard at carrie's place is the best...lots of trees and privacy...on vacation on beaches and i dont care if im the only one...i love getting my boobs tanned ;) and that feeling of freedom...mmmm

• Like 3

I am a man. It has been legal and acceptable for me to walk around the streets shirtless my whole life. Yet I have never felt the desire to do so.

• Like 3

I am a man. It has been legal and acceptable for me to walk around the streets shirtless my whole life. Yet I have never felt the desire to do so.

Me too, but that has more to do with the fact that if I were seen topless I'd be arrested for indecent exposure LOL

RG

• Like 2

As it is legal for women to go topless in Ontario would you as an SP or MA in Ont go topless either in public or in your back yard where you could still be seen? Do you think Ont should have this law and why is it so taboo in our society for women to go topless?

NOPE-Because men pay me to see me topless :boobies:

• Like 3

NOPE-Because men pay me to see me topless :boobies:

As a service to the good people of Ottawa, please keep it that way. If you started walking around topless, I do believe the entire city may come to a stand still! Nothing would get done as everybody was mesmerized by your beautiful breasts!

• Like 2

There may be consequences not thought of by going topless...just look at the problems a women only wearing a bra caused

A Seinfeld episode for every occasion and situation

RG

• Like 4

I remember the case that resulted in the court ruling. Maybe there was hope for Western Civilization after all.

I also remember the subsequent demonstration on Parliament Hill that followed and the rabid juvenile hoard of men that milled about hooting and jeering at the prospect of seeing an unfettered breast. The memory causes me to despair that men, as a gender, will ever grow up.

While women have the right to go about shirtless I fully understand why one would choose not to exercise that right.

• Like 1

Just walking around wearing my bikini top or just a low cut shirt gets me in trouble with the women around me.... Can you imagine if I was to do so topless???... Lol I value my life and still young to dye by the hand of jelous wives LOL

• Like 1

In the states they have the right to bear arms

..... while here in Canada we have the right to bare breasts!

I have pointed this out before but I'm still of the opinion that my imagination gets more exercise without them (bare breasts, that is!) - not that I wouldn't thoroughly enjoy seeing more of them.

• Like 1

I'm sure if our weather was warmer all year around you would see more ladies topless.

I can't wait personally to take my shirt off and tan when it gets hot enough. I hate looking so sickly pale white all the time. Haha.

• Like 1

Guest K***e D****ls

I agree with Cleo Catra: I find it tacky when men do it too. Not to be a prude, but there's a place and time for that kind of thing. Plus it's never the ones you want to see topless who feel they must strut around. haha

While I would welcome a freer attitude towards this in North American society, I also realize that even when the laws allow it, I quite understand that there are reasons most women are hesitant to exercise that right - MOST MEN just would never be able to handle it! (and I didn't even think of the jealous wives!)

Instead of bearing arms (US) and waging permanent wars, wouldn't it be much healthier to embrace the natural beauty of our bodies and not have such deeply conflicted hangups around all things of ethereal beauty?

Save the world, one at a time, fuck a politician.

;)

#endminirant

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

Now that summer is finally here I expect to see the usual parade of shirtless dudes in our downtown area. They all seem to have the same uniform: extra baggy jeans belted half-way down their ass, crooked ball cap, white "wife beater" hanging from the back pocket, ribs and shoulder blades sticking out everywhere as they all seem to go about a buck ten. They don't have enough body fat to prevent hypothermia in July yet that worn out wife-beater seems to be stifling.

As far as topless ladies go (well, topless anyone really) I agree that there is a place for that. Pools, beaches, back yards sure. Public parks or streets? It still seems strange to me. Sure I'm mature enough to understand the equality issues behind the law but my inner man child is still going to think "boobies hehehehe, I see her boobies!"

I remember the case that resulted in the court ruling. Maybe there was hope for Western Civilization after all.

I also remember the subsequent demonstration on Parliament Hill that followed and the rabid juvenile hoard of men that milled about hooting and jeering at the prospect of seeing an unfettered breast. The memory causes me to despair that men, as a gender, will ever grow up.

While women have the right to go about shirtless I fully understand why one would choose not to exercise that right.

I have to agree with you. I lived in a country for a couple of years where people were toppless or nude on the beaches & no one except North Americans batted an eye. It would take generations for us to change our way of thinking.

• Like 1

Guest t****ster***ke

first off, this thread has been worthwhile, if only for the wonderful description of the average shirtless dude in canada today.

the thing to consider in this topless woman category is the fact that while the lovely ladies of cerb might make for some wonderful eye candy when they strut the streets without tops, for every woman with a chest worth exposing, there are probably a few hundred (thousand?) who gravity has not been as kind to ;) if you encounter a woman on the street whose nipples are closer to her knees than her chin - you can't UNSEE that :D

Yes, unfortunately it would probably be women that shouldn't go topless just like it is now with a lot of men who go topless and shouldn't! I am in pretty good shape and have been pumping iron for years and yet, it is very rarely that I take my shirt off in public. Although, I can't wait to rip it off when I spend time with the lovely CERB ladies!

I am surprised how much of this discussion is focussed on people's looks. I lived in Germany for 4 years and I loved their attitude towards nudity of all types. There was a time and a place for everything, and their attitude reflected that. Topless on beaches was commonplace, and nudity on nude beaches, and mixed saunas was the norm. You would not wear a bathing suit in a European sauna, and often they were mixed. You would see all shapes, ages and sizes of both sexes and nobody batted an eye. That is except for the occasional gawking North American doing their best Beavis and Butthead head imitations "huh huh huh... tits!!!!"

I have always hoped that the novelty of topless women on beaches here would wear off and we would be a bit more mature about it. Nudity is not always about sex, sometimes it is about convenience and freedom.

• Like 3

I am surprised how much of this discussion is focussed on people's looks. I lived in Germany for 4 years and I loved their attitude towards nudity of all types. There was a time and a place for everything, and their attitude reflected that. Topless on beaches was commonplace, and nudity on nude beaches, and mixed saunas was the norm. You would not wear a bathing suit in a European sauna, and often they were mixed. You would see all shapes, ages and sizes of both sexes and nobody batted an eye. That is except for the occasional gawking North American doing their best Beavis and Butthead head imitations "huh huh huh... tits!!!!"

I have always hoped that the novelty of topless women on beaches here would wear off and we would be a bit more mature about it. Nudity is not always about sex, sometimes it is about convenience and freedom.

I was in Germany a few years ago & went to use the pool in the hotel & there was a NO BATHING SUIT aloud rule.

I remember being on a topless beach in Portugal back in my mid-20's. I remember this woman with a very nice breasts. Twenty minutes later it was "meh" -- the novelty quickly wore off and then it was just a beach. There was nothing sexual about that exposure, and the normalcy around me just won over.

I think it would be easy for someone entering a majority to adapt to that majority, but changing the majority is another story altogether.

• Like 1