When you can't sleep....

Guest ***nno**n***

So it's summer, we have longer days and try to pack in more things to do and some days I have a terrible time trying to get to sleep.

So it's time for bed, you're wide awake. What do you do when you can't sleep?

I would love to hear some ideas.

Mine are

1. Masterbate - sometimes it's just built up tension

2. Read - but something boring

3. Workout - and hope it gets you tired.

I keep an internet radio next to the bed, it's remarkable what you can find on one of these in the middle of the night. I sometime wake up in the morning with it still playing.

I use all your ideas shannoninwpg. And boomer but i listen to comedy, always in a happy mood when i wake up. Also, and hope it doesnt sound all spiritual and stuff, i envision. Just blackness with a single candle. I put my feelings into it and as i put them in it burns them away. Frustration, Anxiety, stress, and as I concentrate on the image, it seems to knock me out!

Guest A*ro**n

I find if I start thinking about the dream I had the previous night, it gets my body into the rhythm for sleep.

I log onto cerb, lol, this weekend has been those times, to many bbque's and drinks, falling asleep early, lol. Hopefully sometime soon I'll get back on schedule

Guest jake_cdn

For me it is the e-Reader or iPad which ever I an reach first. It is guaranteed the just when I find something interesting I will fall back to sleep.

My problem is that lately I wake up about 3-3:30.

No rhyme or reason. Just, "boink"...ok, I'm awake. Lie in bed all ya like buster, there's no getting back to sleep WTF!. Very frustrating.

Tried taking 10mg of Melatonin last night. Worked to keep me asleep until 5am. Better.