Things that happen, that you can't explain and that kind of freak you out

Guest A*ro**n

There's things that happen in our lives that make us realize that everything is not as cut and dry as we're told it is. Whether it be a dream we have, someone we meet at a certain time, something that makes us feel like "hey, I should really listen to this".

For me, over the past few months, I have been seeing 11:11 on clocks a lot (and I mean a lot). More than any other time repeated (e.g. 1:11, 2:22, etc). The pessimist in me thinks this means something bad is supposed to happen related to this number. The limited search I have done, shows some kind of new age significance. I suppose I'll have to some more searching on the subject. Anyhow, it's been a pretty freaky time for me.

Just wondering if anyone else has things happen that they can't explain but feel there's some importance to them.

funny you mentionned this...I have been looking at the time also and seen 11:11 many times...

My mom used to say...someone is thinking of you :) so now everytime it happens im wondering who's having naughty thoughts about me :D

• Like 1

My home is filled with spirits. I see and hear them all the time. Many times I will come home and find my kitchen taps on, hey cats can't do this so I can only assume its my friendly spirits messing with my mind. Spirits like to make themselves known and they go to all lengths to be noticed.

I have seen and heard this all my life and to me its like ever day people that come and go, some I know and others I don't.

My father is my constant guide, he warns me of impending danger and when I see him I definitely pay attention.

• Like 4

Guest A*ro**n

Thanks for the feedback ladies.

I guess it comes down to spending a bit more time on my spirituality, which I haven't done much with to this point. I'm not religious, but then there's a lot that happens (like the 11:11 thing) that prevent me from believing the universe is all up to chance. I'd like to think I'm more of the "journey is more important than the destination" type of people. I just need to spend more time moving along in my journey.

Interesting what you were saying Katherine. Sounds like you have a strong connection with your spirituality. It's nice that your father's there to give you guidance.

For me, the closest I get is dreams about people in my life that have past. I'd like to think what my mother says is true (being scottish, I like to think that some celtic wisdom has passed down to through the generations). Her take is that when you dream of these people that were close to you, it's like there coming for a little visit. The most recent one I had was of my grandmother. I was so happy to see here, and she was laughing and dancing and I was in tears because it had been so long. The funny thing about this was I had the dream in a hotel I hadn't been to in years. It was a place where my folks would take us down to when we were kids and my grandparents would come on holiday.

Edited by A*ro**n

I'm not religious but I am spiritual. There is so much around us that is waiting to be noticed. My mantra is "believe to see" because if you can't believe in something being possible, you will never see it. We have guides and spirits around us all the time mostly to help. You can always ask them for guidance. Dreams are the one place where everyone is open so visits are much easier there. I have Scottish blood in me as well and there is still so much to learn!

• Like 3

I am extremely intuitive and have always been able to sense when something good or bad is going to happen and like Katherine, I have had many spiritual encounters.An example: when I was a kid, down the street from my home was a corner store, which we frequented often, mostly for our daily supply of candy. This particular day, on my way there I was being told not to go, to stay away, which I did, not minutes after that feeling was a very bad car accident. No one died but had anyone been walking in that vicinity they would have ! However throughout my life I've seldom mentioned it, and have often been caused to question myself, as many will want to make you feel crazy and disbelieve if you do. Things happen for a reason and we are all given signs for many reasons. Being able to decipher them is a gift and can be a very good way to protect yourself from possible harm. Although I don't usually see people as being good, I believe that humans are initially bad with some good traits, I am a positive person, keeping good energy around me. Energy attracts and this too can be a protectant from harm and evil doers.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback ladies.

I guess it comes down to spending a bit more time on my spirituality, which I haven't done much with to this point. I'm not religious, but then there's a lot that happens (like the 11:11 thing) that prevent me from believing the universe is all up to chance. I'd like to think I'm more of the "journey is more important than the destination" type of people. I just need to spend more time moving along in my journey.

Interesting what you were saying Katherine. Sounds like you have a strong connection with your spirituality. It's nice that your father's there to give you guidance.

For me, the closest I get is dreams about people in my life that have past. I'd like to think what my mother says is true (being scottish, I like to think that some celtic wisdom has passed down to through the generations). Her take is that when you dream of these people that were close to you, it's like there coming for coming for a little visit. The most recent one I had was of my grandmother. I was so happy to see here, and she was laughing and dancing and I was in tears because it had been so long. The funny thing about this was I had the dream in a hotel I hadn't been to in years. It was a place where my folks would take us down to when we were kids and my grandparents would come on holiday.

I believe your mother in entirely correct. Sometimes if we are not ready to see our spirits and guides they will be creative and show themselves in a way we are able to see and connect.

Dreams are exactly our loved ones visiting us.

My father was ill for some time before his transition. Now when he presents himself to me , he is young and healthy. I know he was very frustrated with illness and now in spirit he has overcome that and I always smile when I see his creative ways.

• Like 3

Guest A*ro**n

Thanks for sharing that Katherine, that's beautiful.

My dad was ill too when he passed. It took a long while, maybe about 8 years, but I had a dream where he was walking home from work and I was riding beside him on a bike. There was this beautiful golden light everywhere, and we were walking towards the sun. We had a nice conversation and then I rode off. That was the last time I dreamt of him.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Wow! Very intimate conversation. And good for the soul! I read your comments and I feel touched. Warm inside. Peregrine, what a very beautiful way to let go. That dream says a lot.

For the past few years, I have been encountering moments where I feel as though something/one has past through me. I do not know how to explain it, it feels as though time stops and I am heavy. I feel a presence, yet it remains hidden from me. I've yet to know who it is, or what it is. The other night I was fast asleep and was awoken by it. The same feeling, dizziness and time standing still. So strange.

Posted via Mobile Device

Like when you are thinking or talking about someone and they show up/call/text.

When you are about to call/text/email someone and one second before you do, they do first.

Or when you open your work email and your manager has emailed you *again* but it was positive feedback :bigclap:, telling you to have a nice weekend or add a :icon_biggrin:- this is freaky and an unexplainable WTF then promptly shared with your co-workers.

When a brilliant idea or invention crosses your mind and in the very near future you see an add for a new product that you swear was your idea.

When you turn on the news, listen, then comment out loud then they say the exact same thing or you were just having a conversation that day on the same topic.

I went to home Depot with a friend from my grade 6 class, met up with a class mate that worked there then ran into another on the way out that just so happened to be visiting Ottawa that weekend?? 4 grade 6 classmates in the same Home Depot, Since when?

When someone get's pregnant, all of a sudden babies and pregnant woman are everywhere. How did I tune them out some much before, did I just not notice or is everyone having a baby?

• Like 3

Never really told anyone before cause I don't understand it but I sometimes have these really bizarre dreams that would be impossible in real life. Now sometime some of these dreams I get an image of these dreams and I come across them in real life. Like a surreal déjà vu. Sometimes it goes a step further I sense my reaction in the dream and realize its was the same in real life.

What this means I have no idea, but its pretty freaky for me sometimes. Know why can't I dream about lottery numbers.

• Like 2

Never really told anyone before cause I don't understand it but I sometimes have these really bizarre dreams that would be impossible in real life. Now sometime some of these dreams I get an image of these dreams and I come across them in real life. Like a surreal déjà vu. Sometimes it goes a step further I sense my reaction in the dream and realize its was the same in real life.

What this means I have no idea, but its pretty freaky for me sometimes. Know why can't I dream about lottery numbers.

Exactly! i know what is with that! LOL on the lottery numbers, good thinking!

• Like 1

Guest ***nno**n***

I would say I'm a spiritual person as well and often see 11:11.

To me it's very personal as it means something I have been waiting for is coming, don't give up but keep going strong and keep your faith.

For me it really boils down to hope, when I see those numbers in the most bizarre situations and places I smile because something is just around the corner that will have an impact on my next steps.

I would say I'm a spiritual person as well and often see 11:11.

To me it's very personal as it means something I have been waiting for is coming, don't give up but keep going strong and keep your faith.

For me it really boils down to hope, when I see those numbers in the most bizarre situations and places I smile because something is just around the corner that will have an impact on my next steps.

I'm the same way. I have a number that whenever I see it is a sign that things will be okay or better times are coming and to remain strong and positive. It's a weird number so I know it's personal to me. Love synchronistic events.

There is NO such thing as coincidence!!!

• Like 1

For me it's 9:11!!! I seem to constantly come across that number!!! Freaks me out, considering my life went to total crap after that day! Seems everyday I look at my watch at exactly 9:11 for some reason or another.

• Like 1

I have spirits in my house but they are friendly ones. I notice the cats when their eyes will roam as if someone is walking across the room and often times will chase whoever it is. I often sense a presence around me of 2 or 3 people. My cat died in my house last year so he has been around for the last year or so. My orange cat who taunted him in old age is probably getting the tables turned on him now. A few people have witnessed that.

Other people are those who have passed on in my family who I was very close to. My mother is a psychic and she has done many readings for people and were amazed what she picked up on so I believe she has passed some of her talent onto me. She is sometimes like that Long Island Medium woman and when she is conversing with someone, she will start reading them. She once did it to a mechanic at a dealership when she took her car in. The predictions she's made over the years still startle me. Myself, I am not as psychic as she is but I am able to pick up vibes from people and consider myself a spiritual person. I consider this a valuable tool in my business.

What I find what happens the most to me is I can predict what regular clients are going to call me in the week. I feel I can connect telepathically with people. What's really scary is I can think of a client I haven't seen in years and a day or two later, they call me. There was one day I was test driving a new car at a dealership. The sales person and I took it out on the highway and earlier in the day I was thinking of a client I hadn't seen in a couple of years ( who lives in Southern Ontario) wondering what had ever became of him. We stopped at a gas station to turn around and who is there filling up gas in their car? It's the same client I had thought of earlier in the day! I've had that happen a couple of times.

Another time I was on first class flight from Atlanta to LA. I was with someone who I spent a lot of time travelling with and we were reminiscing about a time we were in Tennessee and went to this horrible movie with Ben Affleck in it. We wanted to go to another movie but it was sold out at the time. So we're there waiting for the plane to take off and I have one of those tabloid magazines that I was reading and again there is Ben Affleck in it. Still waiting for the plan to take off and across the aisle some tall guy walks by and I happened to be admiriing the travel bag he had in his hand. I look away and when I look back again as he sits down, who is sitting over there? Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner! Myself and the person I was travelling with were both star struck the whole way out there. lol.

My sister who I no longer speak to thinks I'm a witch. Actually she follows me here on Cerb too! lol. We had gotten into a fight years ago when she had a brand new car and I said something mean to her about her car ( saying something like she would drive it into a ditch or whatever) and two days later, a carport fell on top of her car. I was forever blamed.lol. She thinks I have the ability to put a curse on someone. I don't think I have the capability to do this and I wouldn't want to because it can come back to haunt you. The same thing like when you use a ouija board. When someone wrongs me, I don't take revenge. I let karma handle it. And boy does karma ever handle it! I've seen this a couple of times.

• Like 2

Spud, 9 usually signifies that you're procrastinating or making excuses instead of doing something that feeds your passion and your soul. 11 means to stay positive and focus on positive outcomes especially within yourself.

• Like 1

I think the most "supernatural-ish" thing to happen to me (although it wasn't "freaky" in any way, it was oddly comforting) was having my mother visit me in a dream at pretty much the exact moment brain death occurred. She was standing at the end of the hallway in the hospital where her room was, in her hospital gown, and nagging me as she would always do lol. It was a very vivid dream. My dreams usually aren't that vivid or detailed. I woke up and looked at the time and went back to sleep.

I got the call the next morning to come to the hospital and say our goodbye's. She was in the hospital for a while hooked up to life support, and the doctors said she had been showing signs of improvement, so that night they had tried to take her off life support briefly but unfortunately the results had not been what we were hoping for. So they hooked her back up and we got the call the next morning to come in and say goodbye. The doctor told us at what time they had tried to take her off the life support and it was pretty much that exact same time I had that dream. Even though we didn't officially "pull the plug" until much later the next day I'm pretty sure it was at that moment that she actually passed.

• Like 2

Guest A*ro**n

Thanks again to everyone for your contributions. It's pretty inspiring to see what you're all in tune with.

I'm really surprised by a lot of the ladies that have responded that seem to have a deeper connection with their spiritual side. Where do you think you're connection comes from? Is it just that you're comfortable in your life and that you're on the path you feel you should be on?

There have been many freaky things that have happened to me in my life. I do have guides that try to warn me but I am stubborn and always question my sixth sense. Usually with a bad outcome.

One of the freaky things that happened was when my dad died. He had come home to for his remaining days and after my sister and I arrived and he got to see us he went to bed and spent his last few days in bed. The morning he passed away I got up at 6:00 and saw that He was gone and I started making calls for the arrangements. I noticed that the clock on the wall, The clock my father inherited from his grandfather, had stopped at 5:50. I believe it was at that time he passed. I started the clock and set the time. When the ambulance left with the body I looked at the clock and it was again stopped at the exact time they took him out of the house. I set the time again and started it and that clock has not stopped since and keeps perfect time!

• Like 2

One time, I went to visit 2 members in my family who had died suddenly a few months before. Still grieving, I sat down on the grass for a while to collect my thoughts. All of a sudden, a black crow flew down and perched himself on top of the headstone. Does anyone know the spiritual significance of this?

I also have dead family members visit me in my dreams many times and the messages are vivid. Most of them telling me they're okay and for me to be happy and to go on with my life. I've had a few deaths affect me heavily.

Other times I feel a strong presence like when I was going to run a red light and it felt like someone literally put their hand across my body telling me no.

Another time I was in this really old and quaint hotel on the east coast. I was falling asleep and felt like someone took the blanket at the top near my shoulders and was tucking me in tightly. Same thing with my dead cat. Often times I will wake up in the middle of the night and feel him jump on top of the bed. He is always around and usually late at night around this time right now.

Guest A*ro**n

Thanks for sharing Nicky and thanks for the nomination.

Great that you have some good guardians looking out for you. I don't know about the crow, but I know when I've had moments of great sadness, my dog has been a good comfort. I'm guessing animals are a bit more in tune with a sense we limit within ourselves.

Hi Nicolette,

The crow may signify acknowledgement of your grief but also a reminder that with death comes rebirth and moving on to bigger and better things. Do not be afraid of change. They also sometimes signify that you are being protected and watched over.

Considering your others stories, you definitely have guides and angels watching over you. It's wonderful to know you have that support.

Additional Comments:

To answer your question a few posts ago Peregrine, I have always felt there was "more" out there. My journey seriously began though about 15 years ago when a lot of things started being shown to me. I've had two big personal journeys both if which started synchronistically.

The first, I was having trouble with mt tv and when it finally righted itself there was a show on I never watch on a channel I never watch. It was an energy healer doing a book tour. So much felt right about what she was saying that I went out the same day and bought the book and it opened my healing energies.

The second was my reading an offhand comment online about something I had never considered before. I went to Chapters to look for a book on it and one literally jumped off the shelf at me. That was my first of many by that author and each one has personally spoken to me.

It's not easy to follow higher guidance from within because many people look at it with ignorance and react with very passionate emotions (usually negatively) but following the path is definitely worth it.

• Like 1

Thanks again to everyone for your contributions. It's pretty inspiring to see what you're all in tune with.

I'm really surprised by a lot of the ladies that have responded that seem to have a deeper connection with their spiritual side. Where do you think you're connection comes from? Is it just that you're comfortable in your life and that you're on the path you feel you should be on?

Everyone is psychic but a lot of people are not tuned into it as much as others especially when they don't believe in it. My mother did not start doing readings until her mother passed away. Why did she begin to have this ability after her mother passed? I don't know but she scares me sometimes. She started doing it for a living, taping the readings and soon word spread around town. Her predictions would come true. She was in demand for this for a long time until she moved to another city but it was never about the money for her. She never offered it as a service again.

My mother comes from a very religious family and was always shot down by them that it was all bullshit and I think this affected her to not go further with her talent. She didn't believe enough in herself. Yet in her defense, they were always calling her asking for predictions but when they came true, they would never openly admit it. She predicted a family member's death after being at her other sister's funeral and told another sister and myself that it would be a shock to everyone. Sure enough, a few months later her older sister suddenly passed of a brain aneurism while in her kitchen. No one could believe that she was suddenly gone and really too young to die. Once again, she was right.

I feel the gift that she has is already within me and I'm sure it will keep evolving. I have told regular clients that I've known for a number of years (where we both are trusting enough to speak about our personal lives) and I've told them a few things. I was surprised to have them come back and told me something I said came true. I didn't think I was on that sort of level but it's all about honing your abilities. Almost like if you were learning a musical instrument. My mother once went to a psychic and started reading her. lol.

And here is a story that is interesting. I met a client 2 years ago and he was around my age. After a few times meeting him, he says he remembered me from somewhere. He went to the same high school as my best friend and remembered me picking her up one day. He even described the kind of car I drove at the time. He also became a friend of my brother's. He told me he remembered going to my mother's house over the Xmas holidays in 1997 with my brother and a few other buddies. My mother did a reading for his friend and she said he would marry his high school sweetheart. When he made the connection realizing he knew my friend, my brother AND my mother, he told me my mother's prediction came true and that his friend married his gf from high school. He couldn't believe that they actually came true. I asked him if he had any questions for my mother and went back and asked her. I relayed them to him but have since lost touch with him.

The problem is many people are not in tune with their psychic ability or don't believe. It's like when spirits gravitate towards children and animals. When we become adults, we have already been repeatedly conditioned to believe that there is no such thing as ghosts or spirits which is why they usually don't appear in the presence of adults if they are not tuned into it.

I've been around this sort of thing since I was 8 years old and I am a believer. We want to have scientific proof to know for certain that things do or do not exist but some things will always remain a mystery. Interesting things do happen when you are a believer but it's not for everyone.

• Like 1

Guest A*ro**n

Tracie, wow, you can't argue coincidence with those events. I agree that it is hard for a lot of people to accept. As humans, I find, that we need to define our surroundings. When something falls outside of that definition, they that's when our fear creeps in. We either react by trying to explore this new thing, or put up the walls and discount it. I suppose this is a broader definition of "Science".

Nicky, it's great that your mother has freed herself to follow her instincts. Also that you realize you're power and that it is something that is emerging. I believe as you, that spending time on it will strengthen it. We look to develop our minds and muscles, so why shouldn't our "hidden" senses grow with effort. On a side note, I had to chuckle to my post on your wall. When I looked at the time stamp, it was 3:33.

Thanks again for some enlightenment.