What do you LOVE about where you LIVE?

Hey there!

Another beautiful day in the city that rhymes with fun (Regina forecast above 30 again!) and I can't help but stop and count my blessings on fabulous hot sunshiny days like today!

I'm a Prairie girl through and through - so much beautiful scenery here, especially in the skies! I recently wrote a blog post about the beauty around me here at home, and can't help but share this paragraph with you, which really summarizes the love I have for the sky where I live:

The scenery in the sky. I'll never take for granted the beautiful view the Saskatchewan sky affords us. While we busily go about our days, a whole world above us dances majestically along. The beautiful moon waxes and wanes, the colourful sunrises and sunsets captivate all who stop to watch, the clouds roll in and out and bring thunderous power and awesome lightning displays and create formations that awe weather watchers worldwide, the northern lights prance across sky and remind us of the awesome life-giving power of our sun, the stars move across the massive clear skyscape in a billion year old dance that captivates our curiosity and humbles our little existence. Please, take time to stop, and look up.

Where are you and, when you're not playing indoors ;) hehe, what do you love about where you live?

Can't wait to hear about the wonders in your world!

Gabby

xoxo

I live in Ottawa. I think the pictures speak for what I love about the city.

These are the view from my balcony.

66819_2932504529168_1834866321_n.jpg303355_2932443687647_98880301_n.jpg57996_2932443727648_2069303864_n.jpg

• Like 3

Great thread!

I'm in Ottawa, and I came here from Toronto after University, thinking I'd head back there after a few years. But, I'm still here. I love it here. I like the small city, and I LOVE this city in the summertime - Gatineau Park, the bike trails, everything outdoors in this city is gorgeous in the summer.

But mostly what I love about where I live, is right in my house - my three kitties and my puggy :) They make anywhere home.

• Like 2

I've lived on the east shore of Montréal now for 27 yrs...I just love how people are friendly...i live in a condo and i have a bike trails right in my backyard that goes all the way around town! Im close enough to downtown Montréal without the traffic and headaches of the big town!

Been travaling to Ottawa now since may...and gotta say...I'm really starting to love this place!

• Like 1

Ottawa suits me well. I love the distinct seasons. I love all of the festivals. I love all the the green space. I love that its small enough to get around with ease but that its big enough to provide me with the entertainment I crave. I love that I can easily hop on a plane to other destinations. I love that I can easily drive to Toronto, Montreal and Kingston. And finally, I love my home!

• Like 2

I live in smalltown Ontario, it doesn't have the hectic pace of the big cities, no traffic jams, but because of location I'm close to a good number of bodies of water for fishing, and within reasonable driving distance to cities like Toronto, Hamilton, London, Kingston and Ottawa to indulge in this lifestyle

RG

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I'm from Ottawa, and like most other people have stated I love that it's a city with a small town feel. It has so much green space and beautiful trails...its the convince of a city with the beauty of nature still somewhat intact.

I love being out in nature and away from the city. I love that Ottawa is in the vally and I can take a quick trip and be out in the wilderness or camping in the many places that offer it or on one of the several trails the city and outlying areas have to offer...

I guess I'm a bit of a country girl at heart. ^_^

From O-town such an easy city to get around in within minutes pending on the time of day and so much to offer. I've had SO many GREAT orgasm's in my time here in O-town, and the ladies here and that visit us are simply fabulous ;).

I wouldn't change venues at all, but possibly..just possibly...move to the east coast.

• Like 3

I'm in Vancouver, which is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, period. What I love most about it is the ocean. No matter what kind of weather we're having, being near the water always lifts my heart. The waves on the shore are soothing. Watching the ships and sail boats is relaxing, too. I can't afford to own a home here, unfortunately. When I retire, I plan to live in the Gulf Islands where real estate is much more reasonably priced and the small-town feeling in the off season is wonderful.

I'm in Winnipeg.

What I love first and foremost about here is the people, especially my friends and loved ones. I only wish I could drag my friends/loved ones who are out of province a bit closer. Places like Nova Scotia are too bloody far when somebody is rad and I miss them!

Hmm, what else?

The Forks

The Exchange District

Winnipeg Fringe Fest

The excellent music scene

The size (not too big)

The close proximity to some gorgeous camping/lakes (Spruce Woods provincial park and the whiteshell come to mind)

Yep, I think Winnipeg is pretty decent :)

Proud Nova Scotian here.

The generosity and politeness of most people.

I don't feel right if I can't drive to the ocean on a whim.

Appreciate the hills of Cape Breton to the waves of the Bay of Fundy.

I like that no one thinks hearing random bagpipes is odd.

And I love the east-coast ladies! (yes I'm biased; can you blame me?)

• Like 1

I too am in Halifax and have been here formany years. The folksyness, history, the ocean, great friends, family, affordability and laid back lifestyle all combine to make this a great place to call home.

• Like 1

Guest **cely***r***ne

Also a Nova Scotian!

We are just down to earth friendly laid back people! Artsy, and cultural. Theres a small town here that when you drive through there are many old tree sculptures haha (my home town) also another small town that paints all their water hydrants...

In the spring all you can smell is apples and I love that!

Guest K***e D****ls

I'm representing Toronto! Wut wut! I've lived here my whole adult life (born and raised in very rural Canada- country girls raise your hands!- and while I love that part of my life and the country, Toronto is home for the time being), and these are some things I love about this city:

-fantastic restaurants and nightlife (there is always something going on)

-concerts

-theatre

-every major sports team (though I am a Habs fan)

-mix of so many cultures

-TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival)

-the lakeshore for biking, rollerblading, walking

-High Park

-Canada's Wonderland

-Toronto zoo

-it's easy to navigate (it's a grid, so it makes getting your bearings easier when you're not from here)

-TTC is efficient (generally speaking)

-boating on Lake Ontario

-all the food festivals (Taste of Little Italy, Taste of the Danforth, Ribfest, etc)

-excellent shopping in Yorkville and plenty of quirky independent shops all over the city, including Queen St West and Ossington

-great art scene

-Honda Indy

-CNE (Canadian National Exhibition)

-massive Pride parade

-CN Tower's Skywalk

-coming soon: a HUGE aquarium by the CN Tower and Skydome

-flowers, trees and mini-parks wherever the city can put them

I'm sure more things will come to me as soon as I hit 'submit reply'. haha I love this city. :)

I live in a mid sized town outside of Toronto. I like that fact that I'm close enough to the city to get in there when I need too, but far enough outside to be outside of the smog most of the year, and far enough that I don't have to fight traffic to go shopping locally. I like the fact that I'm within 5 minute drive of farm fields. I feel safe in the community.

At the local shops and plazas the parking spaces are wide enough so that we don't hit the next car when we open the door.

I also like the fact that from my house I can walk to shopping centres (about 1 km to 2km) that have 90% of what I could ever need to buy (though we usually drive, I walk when I can -- and that walk doubles as a workout).

• Like 1

Guest ChantalSummers

Omg yes, Kylie!! Toronto is very exciting for those reasons. I visit very often. I love going to events at Guvernments and rocking Wonderland and the Toronto Zoo. I adore animals and my bff's and I have a seasons pass to Wonderland. Being from Ottawa there isn't too much to get excited about. But I do enjoy going to the market and Bluesfest in the summertime.

Small Town Nova Scotia ; I live on a Horse Farm ;I leave the keys in my vehicles including my tractor , I dont lock my door , I have 4 dogs all happy and they can just be in and out all day with no supervision . I can pee in my yard and skinny dip in the pool or light a big fire and no one can see me !!! I can get pizza ; donairs ; liquor ; gourmet food , high speed internet , 45 minutes to the airport , i can go fishing , boating , golfing , skiing , all within 5 minutes !!! My place is huge and my taxes are small. Our East coast music is the best , There are lots of hot chicks and beautiful and friendly SP's , why would I move anywhere else ????

• Like 2

I love that there's a lot to do outside mixed with a lot of shopping. I think the Ottawa/Gatineau area is a great place to live.

Guest a**4*

I have lived in Ottawa for a long time now beautiful city made lots of friends since I have been here one day I hope to make a trip back to N.F.L.D. one day been gone to long. how time goes by so quickly

Guest D***el B***e

I live in a small municipality in western Québec. Couldn't live anywhere else. I'm 20 minutes from downtown Ottawa, I have an acre wooded property, a beaver pond in my backyard, I've seen bears, deers, racoons, skunks, flying skirrels, geese, ducks, partridges, beavers and muskrats ... all in my backyard. Love the fall season and all its colors ... I love my house and the peace and quiet all around it. I can start my chainsaw at 7:00am on Saturday if I want to, and my lawnmower at 8:00 on Sunday.

My neighbors are at a comfortable distance, far enough to wave goodbye, not too far that we don't know each other. I can leave my car unlocked for a week and my garage door open for 3 days even if I'm not home and nothing happens.

When I need more excitement I can head downtown Ottawa or hit any of the large malls ... or better yet a quick trip to Montreal solves my urge to immerse myself in a crowd.