Double Posting in Shout Box When Pasting Ad Link

I don't know. I know that the counter does not show you if you go over if you also paste a link to your ad. So you end up going over the 120 characters and get a reprimand for it.

I don't even think I will ever use it again!

• Like 2

Doubl;e posting by accident has happen to all of us... sometimes it seems that you have not posted and then u renew the page and shout os not there and then next thing you know there is 2 shouts one right after the other... Personally to avoid that I try refreshing the page a few times before another attempt.. just to make sure.. but it still happens LOL

Myself I have to be particulary careful too as I do manage other accounts aside from my own (accounts of teh spas I work at)..., and sometimes you dont even realize you are loggend in on the wrong one... end up double posting.., We have all made honest mistakes when using the shoutbox.. I think most of the time you notice when an accidental mistake like that occurs and In my opinion it should just be ignored.. at least Is what I do... If I see that is the case...

• Like 1

If you do this, get caught, you get an infraction and loose your sb for a month.

Seems that a mistake is no exception - you get the infraction.

• Like 2

Guest **l****uz

This happened to me this morning...I tried to type another line and then hit return on my iphone and it posted three different times...

There should be a forgiveness for ladies that might do it accidentally once in a while.

I completely agree that losing the shout box privilege/or a infraction over and minor incident is too harsh. Unless the individual has been warned numerous occasions before and is a habitual abuser of the system.

For ladies posting their ad's link the character setting would be cool if it was expanded for you.

• Like 2

Okay, no more linking my ad in the shoutbox! lol. I'm thinking because of the major amount of characters in the link, it extends it to a second post. I don't want to lose the shout box for a month.

• Like 1

Guest ****ven

weird.... the shoutbox includes my link in the counter? I noticed quite a few double posts in the past couple days...

this has happened to and just got my shoutbox back now.

what annoys me is that other ladies do it and nothing happens.

I do not wish or want bad to happen to them ;its just not fair.

It could be a glitch with the double posting. When I copy and paste a past shout with my ad link, it doubles sometimes but I never hit post yet. I mess with it until the second post deletes and that is usually deleting one character at a time prior to posting.

Shoutbox Rules:

- Please only one visible post in box YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 7 SHOUTS BETWEEN YOURS (You will be banned if you break this without warning)

- Ads are allowed in box

- Same board rules apply (NO CL/BP type ads but CAPITALS are fine but suggest not using ALL CAPS as it means you are SHOUTING and a lot of people will not read your message if in all CAPS)

- You are allowed 120 characters in your post. Please do not circumvent this!

- Abusers will be banned from box WITHOUT WARNING (Strict)

- New members must have 5 posts and be a member for 5 days to use the box

If you are banned from the shoutbox it will be for UP TO 30 days as I reset the banned list once per month. If you are banned twice from the shoutbox for the same thing you go on the permanent ban list.

To Report someone abusing the shoutbox please copy and paste the shoutbox in a PM message to the MOD. Thanks.

• Like 1

A helpful and easy to use site for those worried about a link making their post too long:

http://tinyurl.com/

The above is a simple page where you can paste any link into a box and it will provide you with a much shorter link you can use instead.

• Like 8

So we are all clear...

Infractions can ONLY be seen by the MODS and the user who has them. They are to remind us (The mods) what we have spoken to someone about already and if someone consistently breaks the rules we can approach council and share this info with council when we ask for a ruling to be made. If you only break the rules a few times (minor rules that is) then you have nothing to worry about.

Second.... The shoutbox has a YELLOW square next to your post. You can EDIT the post using this. If your phone or something causes you to double post click the square and delete the text in the second post (at least make an effort to fix it) if you do not you will be suspended and given a infraction or warning.

Finally.... If your using a phone to post shouts, using a PC with javascript turned off, edit the post and type more letters, etc... you can go over the 120 characters. If you copy and paste a URL (website address) and quickly submit the post it also may circumvent the 120 char. limit. If you do this and someone reports you (or one of the mods see's it) you will again be infracted or warned and loose access till the next cycle.

Not an issue unless you break the rules multiple times.

A helpful and easy to use site for those worried about a link making their post too long:

http://tinyurl.com/

The above is a simple page where you can paste any link into a box and it will provide you with a much shorter link you can use instead.

Thank you, Brad!

I just tried it out and instead of having 52 characters for my ad link, it cut it down to 26.

Pretty good for posting ad links in the shout box!

The only downfall is that the http is http://www.tinyurl.com/a-random-number instead of http://www.cerb.ca/your-ad-number.

• Like 3

I don't know. I know that the counter does not show you if you go over if you also paste a link to your ad. So you end up going over the 120 characters and get a reprimand for it.

I don't even think I will ever use it again!

I lost SB for a month, for this mistake just last month:( I accidentally went 4 digits( from link) over, thought the counter would count down, but does not. So don't forget to count your spaces:) and characters when editing.

• Like 1