My rant: The Spinner Complex

Well written. I have been with a few SP's and MP's and I for one don't look for the spinners. I look for the ones I think I can connect with. There are a number of non spinners providers out there that are amazing.

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

Welcome back CQ! Man I've been missing your posts!

It's so true that popular culture favours the thin. And what empty lives we would all be leading if everyone conformed to the ideals of pop-culture. Ladies come in all sorts of wonderful configurations. Anyone who limits themselves to a single narrow body-type is inevitably missing out on a much wider world of fun. Their loss! The part of Cerb that is so great is the ladies' participation in the discussions -- it's a great way to begin to get to "know" them, and judge who you would get along with. And it's being compatible that makes or breaks the experience -- all else is window dressing.

Very interesting fruitman...although i have many many reco's and I'm certainly not a spinner i have wondered the same thing..{about other ladies}. Yes i have big boobs and have always had them even when i was a size 3 but this shouldn't be the only reason why a gent decides to see a lady. I have the comment in some of my reco's as well as to not being a spinner which kind of makes me feel bad...not because I'm not a spinner but because the guys feel the need to mention it.....does that then make it OK to give me a reco?

Does the size of our bodies make us a better lover? I think not...i have had guys say they like seeing me because spinner's are usually just the lay there girls...which also isn't fair...Its not the size of our bodies that makes us who we are ...its our attitude and our openness with others..our sensuality and passion...most men come to see us for more then sex...so that being said one should not be ashamed to write about us..us as people not our body-size...i may be wrong here but i also thing the smaller ladies would rather not be called spinners either...see us for who we are not our size...

kisses,

Emma A

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****

Great thread and I agree. Curvy ladies are wonderful and any guy who has not been with one should at least try...you might surprise yourself and learn what you have been missing out on.

by the way can someone tell me where the term "spinner" came from? I know what a spinner is, I just don't know why we use that term.

Guest W***ledi*Time
can someone tell me where the term "spinner" came from? I know what a spinner is, I just don't know why we use that term.

The implication, I think, is that the lady is so small and light you can physically spin her around while she is on top of you during sex.

normally I prefer a spinner type body but lately I have been branching out a bit to a curvier woman and have been pleasantley surprised by the results:D

enter my $0.02...

for a lot of hobbyists, i believe the relationship with the SP is that of a fantasy or filling in some void. IMHO nobody is looking for someone to settle down with, or form a long term relationship, but rather live out something that they feel is missing in their life (or had missed). spinners represent youth, virility and conquest. for better or worse they provide an outlet for hobbyists to live those fantasies out.

• Like 1

I really like spinners. I don't feel any need to apologize for this. My preference is not a judgement of anyone else's preference. It's also not exclusive. I like lots of different kinds of women. But I really like spinners, and have met some fantastic ones lately, for which I'm happy and grateful.

So each to his/her own taste. Let's agree to celebrate beauty, in all its variety. But let's also not feel that we can't have, and express, certain preferences.

• Like 3

Thinking further on this, I've never felt there was any kind of orthodoxy on this board that only certain kinds of women were praiseworthy, so I disagree strongly that anyone might feel pressured to conform to a specific image of what is acceptable. One of the best things about this board is that you can be more or less uninhibited in praising the women that you really like, in whatever way they're beautiful. That's a freedom I value. Let that openness continue!

• Like 2

that cumquat meant anything bad about spinners ..he just meant that there are not many reco's about bigger ladies...everyone has a certain body type they like for sure and it is a fantasy as someone said..to each their own but if you were with a bigger lady and you had a good time why not write about it?

Hmm...

I've actually gotten the opposite a couple times, where I've been told that they really enjoyed themselves but they're not really into "spinners".

I completely agree with Emma, our body size has nothing to do with the personality of the person, and I would much rather be known as Naomi than a spinner.

xo

• Like 1

that cumquat meant anything bad about spinners ..he just meant that there are not many reco's about bigger ladies...everyone has a certain body type they like for sure and it is a fantasy as someone said..to each their own but if you were with a bigger lady and you had a good time why not write about it?

Yes, Emma, I know, but I don't think there's any monopoly here of spinner recs. That's what I was disagreeing with. I can't believe that anyone on cerb could possibly think that it's not on to recommend "non-spinners". I'd be amazed if that was the case.

And I agree with Naomi that body size and personality are not related.

But If I want to rave about spinners, or about anyone else, I will.

Personally, I look for the type of lady who offer the full GFE experience that I am looking for, and I have discovered that personality and sexuality is not confined to any one body type....all types of ladies possess these characteristics and all types of ladies are lacking these characteristics. Everyone is entitled to his own preference, be it body type, hair color, height, etc....but unfortunately our society has pressured us into thinking about things in a certain way....as mentioned before...."thin is in" for some people. The free thinkers of the world look past those sterotypes and look for the quality characteristics that make for a memorable experience. Just think what would happen to some of us hobbyist's if the ladies choose us based on body type. Some of us would be in big trouble!!

• Like 1

It is well documented that men are visual orientated creatures. As such, we are generally attracted to a certain type, it's our nature. Some people like spinners, some people like BBW's, personally for me, a petite, curvy woman gets my attention. That being said, appearance can start the attraction, but personality makes the experience.

• Like 1

Sorry to intervene again. This will be the last time, I think, on this subject. I guess I object to the idea that my tastes have been shaped only by society's preferences, and that they aren't arrived at on my own. I feel that my judgements are independent of any social pressures to conform.

And I don't think people on this board are guilty of stereotyping, anyway. There's a lot of variety in the recommendations, and that's exactly as it should be.

• Like 1

If someone could come up with a widely accepted term for full figured SP. Maybe we'll find there are just as many looking for the curvy ladies!!!

Besides, personally I like the smaller body type, not neccessary "skinny", but smaller, shorter well proportioned. I am not a big man, only .160lbs. average height. With smaller body types, I have more options in positions.

But isn't that freedom of choice and speech. If the ones that prefer curvy body type don't speak out, it is not our fault to speak our minds.

And there are plenty full figured ladies here who enjoy a strong and loyal following. And stop focusing on the one word "Spinner"

• Like 1

I like spinners, I like the statuesque, I like the rubenesque, I like them curvy, I like them athletic... FFS I guess I just like women.

However I can understand. I am not a really tall guy, and I am not intimidated by taller women and some of them are my favourites. However, there is a time I want someone a little shorter than me. Maybe it is the fantasy of being dominant by virtue of size, maybe it is an appealing to the traditional "guy must be taller than girl" stereotype. Either way, spinners are nice, but so are the curvy ladies.

I think people like to use the word spinner because that body type is easily identifiable. It is one extreme on the light and thin side. The opposite extreme is BBW. Ladies in between are harder to describe and there can be a wide range. The only descriptor I've seen often is Curvy.

When I read "not a spinner" I think of a body somewhere between Curvy and spinner type. The word spinner is referenced because everyone knows what it is.

Because people are limited with their language, I don't think you will never see a thread labeled "best small/medium curvy lady" . People would have a hard time agreeing on what it actually meant.

Just a theory.

Myself I appreciate many body types and don't hold up one as ideal.

GHT

• Like 1

It's funny when I was younger, much before I started 'hobbying' I tended to be attracted to tall thin girls as I am a tall thin guy, it is just what i looked for. I never thought in terms of 'spinner' or model style bodies, it was just what I looked for when I was approaching women.

As I got older I started to look at tall, short, curvy, thin, small chest, large chest, etc...I never really labelled or thought of them as a type, just attractive women. In fact I never really saw the spinner term used widely till I joined CERB.

Like mentioned before by coachg I look for experiences more then anything else, if I find someone intriguing and attractive then it does not matter if they are a 'spinner' or curvy...I just want to meet them. I love women, I love the feel of them, the taste of them, the look of them, the curves that all sizes have and will gladly meet and experience anyone who I find attractive.

Oh and I can't even understand why someone would not write rec's even though they had a good time because the person is normally not their 'type'...it's just silly. Did you have a good time? Did you like the person? A rec on this board can mean a lot...so write it!! (with her permission of course).

It's simple. The guys who are writing most of the recommendations on here are ones who like spinners.

Believe me, I am the furthest thing from a spinner, and I have seen gentlemen from CERB who told me they really don't care for writing recommendations. Instead, a few of them have made comments on my guestbook, which is fine with me.

Until those hobbiests who prefer women who are not spinners, (e.g. with curves) start writing recommendations, it will appear that that's what most of the men on here like.

Which is not true.

• Like 1

I'm relatively new to the board, Hello everyone outside ottawa!

I've written (now) two recomnedations based on my pleasant experiences, as I assumed that was the purpose; to inform everyone of a great encounter.

After my first recomendation I received roughly 15 PM's asking about stats for the (first) girl.... really?

I frankly didn't care, when I booked, to ask so I had no idea what to say.

I simply copy and pasted the same message to each individual

"call her and find out"

I will continue to do the same for anyone who asks in the future ^.^

Cheers

Size 10 here, with a modest chest, 5'7 tall,

and a sensuality so thick you can spread it on toast ;)

Never had an issue with men or attracting them.

Yes. Recent media trends seem to honor women that are both tall and thin (and airbrushed in Photoshop). But trend's are just that, trends. For every woman there is an admirer...rake thin, obese and everything in between. It's how you walk it, IMO, and most important, that you are happy with your physique as I think that is something people pick up on.

Just as, 100 years ago, voluptuous was considered most attractive, societies ideal is bound to change yet again. Every body type has its hey day. It's just how culture evolves itself...

• Like 1