Ott. Sept. Social !! Mark your calendar!

Thanks to da boys for putting together an amazing event. Spud, MisterT, Skater... you guys rock!!!!

I love these events. Ottawa has a great community that seems to never stop growing - we had a mix of familiar and new faces all blended together in a fantastic location. Such a fantastic opportunity to mix and mingle with the loveliest women in the land and the nicest guys - what more could you ask for?

I always look forward to these things... can't wait for the Christmas one!!

• Like 6

To thank the organisers...amazing job guys! special thanks to MisterT for bringing me brownie outside yummm!

I want to say a very very special thanks to CarrieMoon...without you girl I wouldn't be where I am today...you have a special place in my heart xxx

It was my first cerb social and was so looking forward to it...location was great and mostly all ladies and gents that i had the pleasure to meet :) Emily R...love you girl :) so happy to have finally met you. All the other ladies i met...so many beautiful ladies...i'm afraid if i start naming i will forget some...

To all the gentlemen I had a chance to chat with...thank you for a lovely evening!

See you at chrismas time :)

BJ xxx

• Like 4

Glad everyone had a great time, i couldnt make it for personal financial issues. Hopefully i can make it to the next one.

• Like 1

Better late than never but thanks to the crew for organizing this. A most excellent and fun evening. I don't think I ever had so many interesting conversations about smelt, yellow perch, and the Great Lakes' commercial fisheries. You DFO folks rock. (now how many people noticed the chalk board?) :P

• Like 2

1st event for me, Thanks MisterT, Sput, Skater, well done and all the Beautiful Ladies, should do this once a month

• Like 3

My appreciation to the 3 Amigos for a job well done. I enjoyed the venue and had a great time meeting so many lovely people.

Thanks again, MisterT, Skater, and Spud.

• Like 3

Some final thoughts, now that the dust has settled and that i had time to relax a bit !! I want to thank Loneskater and Spud for their help in my organizing this social.

It was an amazing experience organizing it, and comments we received in person, on this thread and in private were all positive. We've noted a few things to improve upon, as there's always room for improvement.

Loneskater and I have had a chance to chat, and i can speak on his behalf here on the fact that both of us will be involved in organizing the December social.

I want to provide forward notice that the next one will be on December 12th, but please wait until the official thread is started in a few weeks to contact us (messages sent concerning it will be unanswered), as we want to take a bit of time off to recover lol !!!

Cheers!!

• Like 8

I wanted to add my belated thank you to MisterT, Loneskater and Spud for organizing such a wonderful social. It was great to see many familiar faces as well as meeting some new people.

Also want to say thank you to ALO for the prize.

I'm already looking forward to the next social

• Like 5

I want to wish Mistert and Loneskater the best of luck with the Christmas Social. The hope is I will be back in late spring to early summer and might be around for the social next fall.

If all goes well, I will hopefully be able to assist Mistert and Loneskater again soon! Everyone enjoy the Christmas Social and give the boys a bit of a chance to recoup a bit before they start planning for December!

Edited by spud271
  • Like 2

Guest P*rry

My expectations for my first social were high. They were matched and surpassed!! The atmosphere, venue and grub were great. To match faces to names was a treat. What was a pleasant surprise was the eclectic mix of interesting people.

Mistert, Spud271 and Loneskater thank you so much for the time and energy you put into organizing the September social. It was a lot of fun.

Guest c**io**m7

Hey guys...if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. Loved my first social and am looking forward to the next.

Hope everyone had a great time!! Just so there's no confusion I wasn't at the event last week, that was another girl called Kimmy! : )

I keep kicking myself for not going to the September one. So the minute the December one gets a move on, I'm signing up!

Can't wait to meet all these wonderful people and hopefully a new circle of friends!

Guest h****sho***9

Just a quick thank you to everyone that donated prizes at the social. I was a lucky winner of a ALO one and plan on using it soon. And again, as already mentioned, thank you to the great organizers of the event and all the wonderful ladies that came out.

Any plans for November social? How about November 15 or 16?

There are no plans for a November social. If you read the thread ( a couple of posts back), a date has been set already for the next one, in December, but wait until the official thread before contacting me or Loneskater.

These involve a lot of work, and by tradition, will be kept on the same months as in years pas, as it works well for most people.

Thanks for your interest and ideas, though!

Addendum: The Ottawa socials run in September ("Fall social"), December (our "Christmas Social", February ("Valentine's social") and May (for a Spring inspired one).

Edited by m*s**rt
Addendum added

Guest *rb*n C*wb*y

I just spent the past hour reading all 293 posts in this thread! Sounds like you guys sure know how to generate hype and follow through with it too! As an infrequent lurker and even more seldom contributor, I felt a small pang of envy that I ignored this thread until the event long happened and everybody had such a blast!

The DFO cover story sounded hilarious. Had I been there, you would have seen my jaw drop, because I actually work for this department... LOL!

I'll stay tuned for a Christmas event and perhaps hope to get on the attendee list... or the nice list... or the naughty list. :)

Thanks for this! Nice work.

Well, if anyone has Ottawa bar recommendations where pointers and SPs informally meet, lemme know,

Cheers!

I just spent the past hour reading all 293 posts in this thread! Sounds like you guys sure know how to generate hype and follow through with it too! As an infrequent lurker and even more seldom contributor, I felt a small pang of envy that I ignored this thread until the event long happened and everybody had such a blast!

The DFO cover story sounded hilarious. Had I been there, you would have seen my jaw drop, because I actually work for this department... LOL!

I'll stay tuned for a Christmas event and perhaps hope to get on the attendee list... or the nice list... or the naughty list. :)

Stay tuned, an announcement should come out soon! And that's not a rumor as It would not be a good sign if I did not know lol!

Hope everyone had a great time!! Just so there's no confusion I wasn't at the event last week, that was another girl called Kimmy! : )

Do you mean to say there are 2 Black Kimmy's in Ottawa? Whatis one to do with 2 choices? lol