Man rings......not cock rings,

Since I was little I was envious of my fathers rings, one is a family ring passed from youngest son to youngest, the other is a army ring.

Though I like that look of them I think man rings should be passed on through the family, I could never see my self buying one.

Just wondering what the lovely lady's here think of them?? Also any stories the guys have.

Guest *l**e

the only ring i have is my wedding ring. since my wife died i keep it on a chain. I only wear the chain on special occassions (her birthday, our anniversary, the anniversary of her passing...

that's all for me ...never had any other jewelry

The only jewellery I wear is a watch. Now I'm in the Federal Government and at certain service milestones they provide awards. At fifteen year mark I was awarded a cheap plaque and a ring (had the Government of Canada crest on it) and it looked pretty sharp actually. Wore the ring for about a week, the skin on my finger started cracking and itching. That was the first and last time I ever wore a ring

RG

I usually wear a lot of bling...four rings at most, wedding band(not anymore), a puzzle ring my son got me while he was in Afghanistan, an initial ring my kids gave me when they were kids, and a fraternity ring so I can be identified. Now this may seem like a lot for a ma, but each holds sentimental value and denotes specific eras in my life. Some would liken this to tatoos (got one of those too depicting my unit while I was serving). Just my thing, can't wait to hear more from others :)

I got my Iron Ring when I graduated (Engineers in Canada get one in their final semester). Wore it for the ceremony, never since.

My father purchased a ring in Lima Peru during second world war as a gift for his father my grandfather. It's sliver and the purity of the silver is stamped on inner part of the ring and it still clearly visible. He paid .25 cents for the ring. It's very unique with a sphinx face and I've noticed there are 2 kinds of people, one type will ask me about within minutes of seeing it while the other type may wait years and finally say I've always wanted to ask about that ring. A prof of archeology wanted to borrow it and study it....I said sorry but no dice.

The ring has been in my family for about 70 years and when my grandfather passed it was slipped onto my finger and I've worn it for more than 40 years.

I have no children and I've started to ponder what next for the ring after I go. Interesting dilemma for sure.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

I got my Iron Ring when I graduated (Engineers in Canada get one in their final semester). Wore it for the ceremony, never since.

I wear my Iron Ring all the time, I find it's a great ice breaker and lots of people comment on it when they recognize what it is.

I'm kinda like il re I only have a wedding band. Even though it unique and looks good I cannot wear it most of the time cause of work so I never really growned accustom to it. I'll take it out when I want to remember the good and happy moments we've shared.

I actually love the look of a well chosen ring on men. I find it accentuates the fingers and as a woman, draws my eyes (and usually my thoughts as well). The right ring can also be a very powerful statement about the man wearing it. I love erotic imagery where there is a ring or a bracelet present. I find both very appealing. As was mentioned, rings passed along can either be worn for story and memory or saved as a memento. I believe that anything should be chosen as a compliment to the person because it is a statement even if small.

It's all personal preference though. Unfortunately I know some men whose preference is big and gaudy and they just buy into the redneck pimp generalization.

the only ring i have is my wedding ring. since my wife died i keep it on a chain. I only wear the chain on special occassions (her birthday, our anniversary, the anniversary of her passing...

that's all for me ...never had any other jewelry

I am in the same situation. It was quite a decision and a number of years before I decided to remove it. It still sits in a prominent place on the mantle, where I can see it and remind myself of the loss.

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

I don't wear a ring even though I'm married. I never got used to the feel of it on my finger. On our honeymoon I would twist it so much on my finger that it would get raw. I eventually got used to it but a few years back I received an injury on that finger that prevents me from wearing a ring now.

I don't wear anything other than one watch and a titanium Qray bracelet, which was a gift.