Respect

Guest *Ste***cque**

Some people I've met believe respect should be earned while others I know say it should be automatically bestowed. What do you think?

In my Opinion.. Respect should be given automatically...., but what can happen is that repect can be lost due to a persons behaviour or showing lack of respect for others...

• Like 6

In my mind there are two types of respect, personal respect and positional respect.

Positional respect is exactly that ie CEO I may respect the position but think that the person filling it is a complete idiot LOL.

Hmmmm......After Vittos comment I'm questioning myself. Perhaps I do tend to automatically give respect up front and then only remove it if the person does something that I deem worthy of loss of respect. Thanks Vitto!

Edited by nlwoodchuck
I respect Vittos point of view
  • Like 2

I respect everyone equally, until they give me a reason not to. I treat others in the way I would like to be treated.

I agree with Vitto. Respect is automatically given. As you get to know somebody, maybe the respect you have for them grows. Maybe the person shows a side and you lose respect for them.

Take this lifestyle for example, from a prospective clients POV. If you, hypothetically speaking start off having no respect for a lady you are about to see, what does that say about you...wanting to be intimate with a lady you have no respect for? Every lady I would like to see I first and foremost respect. And sometimes that respect, after you meet, grows even more. And a few cases, very few fortunately, after you meet, well you have no or little respect left.

And I believe this holds true in life as a whole

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

I think it would have to depend on which definition of respect one is using.

For example:

1) A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

I feel that this form of respect must be earned

but

2) polite or kind regard; consideration

I think this should be offered to everyone automatically

I think the word "respect" is way over used these days. In some ways it seems to have become confused with what I feel is common courtesy and good manners. Therefore in my world while I'll always be polite and kind to any one I meet, "respect" however will need to be earned.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

Guest B**na***oy
I respect everyone equally, until they give me a reason not to. I treat others in the way I would like to be treated.

I tend to agree with Peachy on this one. Mutual respect has to be the foundation of this business. This respect can grow or diminish based on the behavior of a person or whether we share similar values or not, or other factors.

However, we should not equate respect with friendship. I respect all my friends, but I also respect many people I can not stand because of their personality, values or actions. When respect is expressed in this manner, I think it's more in line with good manners and being civilized than because we appreciate a person.

In my opinion, for sensual encounters to be rewarding, it's absolutely mandatory to not only have mutual respect, but also to express it in our actions and behavior. ;-)

Guest Ot**w***og****n

It is my very nature to respect anyone and everyone. I willingly give it until such time their actions prove they are no longer worthy of it. I respect the environment, all sentient beings and the property of others as well.

I'll say everyone deserves courtesy and politeness. My respect FOR someone has to be gained, but I will always address and interact with someone in a respectful WAY.

• Like 1

I agree 100% with real's post. I will always show everyone respect in my dealings with them but I won't "feel" the respect unless I see the worthiness. I hope this isn't misconstrued but lets be honest, a classy person will always be nice to a jerk lol.

I 100% Agree There Is Respect To Be Earned & A Respect That Should Be Given...But Some Sort Of Mutual Respect For One Another Should Be There. What Hobbiest Or Sp Would Want To Book An Encounter With Someone They Do Not Have Respect For. It Makes No Sense...But Also Ones Respect Could Be Lost Or Gone Out The Window By Ones First Impression,Words Or Even Actions..So Yes Respect May Have To Be Earned In A Way Too. Trust & Respect Is A Big Key Part In This Type Of Business.

I have been in far too many boardroom meetings in my lifetime. I hate meetings to be honest !!!

I am usually quiet at meetings until there is something I really need to address.

Something that fascinates me is this....

There are people that believe they are well respected, powerful and like to hear themselves talk....constantly. When you look around the room there are some people yawning, or checking their phones etc.... until the blowbag is done.

Then there are those certain people who remain quiet and pay attention and listen to the meeting and the agenda.....and when they speak up the room goes silent and everyone is listening to them !!!!

True respect in my experience needs to be earned in the most part. This is just an example that always comes to mind when the word respect comes up.

Respect can come from your knowledge that you retain and share, your work ethic, your ethics and beliefs (business or personal) and so on.

On Cerb here.....I respect many many many of you ladies and gents. When you think about it....there are always certain members here that you ALWAYS click on their post when you see their names. Because you respect them and their opinions as they have gained your respect. and I don't mean my posts either !!!!! ha they are silly.

• Like 2

I have been in far too many boardroom meetings in my lifetime. I hate meetings to be honest !!!

I am usually quiet at meetings until there is something I really need to address.

Something that fascinates me is this....

There are people that believe they are well respected, powerful and like to hear themselves talk....constantly. When you look around the room there are some people yawning, or checking their phones etc.... until the blowbag is done.

Then there are those certain people who remain quiet and pay attention and listen to the meeting and the agenda.....and when they speak up the room goes silent and everyone is listening to them !!!!

True respect in my experience needs to be earned in the most part. This is just an example that always comes to mind when the word respect comes up.

Respect can come from your knowledge that you retain and share, your work ethic, your ethics and beliefs (business or personal) and so on.

On Cerb here.....I respect many many many of you ladies and gents. When you think about it....there are always certain members here that you ALWAYS click on their post when you see their names. Because you respect them and their opinions as they have gained your respect. and I don't mean my posts either !!!!! ha they are silly.

Yes most of your posts are silly Lee ;-) , with some serious ones too, but I think it's very safe to say you are a highly respected member here and what you write most of us read

Plus you bring a smile to our faces, that's a good thing

RG

Guest *Ste***cque**

To clarify, when I say respect I mean it in terms of showing consideration for a persons worth or value, and not so much an admiration of the person. I'm talking about more than mere politeness though.

Under those conditions I always show respect towards a person until they do something to make me lose respect for them. I can't admire someone unless I know them but I can show respect towards someone even if I don't know them. It's kind of a default setting for me to assume the best in a person but maybe not be surprised if they fall short of my expectations.

To me, politeness seems like a mask that can come off the minute we disagree. However, if we respect someone, we can still disagree and maybe even try and see their point of view, even if it's completely different from ours. I think the world would be better off if we showed more respect for each other. This also applies to countries and even businesses and their customers. I'm not holding my breath on that one. :)

To clarify, when I say respect I mean it in terms of showing consideration for a persons worth or value, and not so much an admiration of the person. I'm talking about more than mere politeness though.

I will give all those I meet the respect they deserve, there is no person I deem more valuable than another, I believe we are all equally valuable and worthy no matter ones position or means. However if someone acts in a way I feel unfair, rude, mean, cruel, ect, I will also give them the disrespect they deserve as well!

Steve....here is where a word can have a different significance for different people and in different situations! I am with you where as I can act respectfully even if you really dont garner any true respect from me. So, essentially that makes me polite. Funny how one word can have many definitions and can be interpreted to suit the emotion or point an individual is trying to convey.

Rock on stenemcqueen you is good people!

Guest *Ste***cque**

Meg, are you referring to the word respect or are you talking about "negotiating" again. I won't have my thread hijacked!! LOL

Seriously though, I agree, the meaning of a word or it's interpretation can make all the difference.

Take care

Meg, are you referring to the word respect or are you talking about "negotiating" again. I won't have my thread hijacked!! LOL

Seriously though, I agree, the meaning of a word or it's interpretation can make all the difference.

Take care

Now don't be sassy...you are way to sexy for that! No hijack sweetness....I like the cut of ur jib!

I believe common courtesy and good manners should be shown to everyone at all times.

Respect I believe is earned over time IMHO. I had a lot of respect for my father who passed in 1999. I respect my Mother and brothers and sisters, even though we may have different views on things, even occasional arguments, friends that I've known for years, and some for a shorter time than that.

I really believe respect is something that develops over time. Sometimes we may even lose respect for someone we had respect for due to circumstances that happen.

• Like 2