Stupidest thing you bought

Everyone has buyer's regret.

1. I regret buying a car at 13.5% interest for 4 years. It was a cool car though :-) 1988 toyota celica gts. One of my married girlfriends said I shouldn't have a car so sexy. She was hot for me - so was her sister. I coulda' had 'em both. I'm sooo stuupid. Couple of co-workers wanted me too. Fuck I'm sooo stuuupid!

2. I regret having a credit card balance at 18% interest. Fuck. Fixed that though.

3. I regret having my 1st mortgage at 8.5% interest for 5 fucking years. Fuck.

4. I bought a early edition digital gold watch in Calgary. Lost it on a hayride in Carp Ont.. Fuck.

5. Bought a dog in the early years. Lovely boy. Still with me by-gosh & still love his dirty little soul. Please don't kill me. Cost me a fucking fortune in vet bills over the years. He's a prick & I like him cuz he's just like me.

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 1

Guest ***nno**n***

A chocolate turtle brownie.

I should not have bought it, i know better but the sweet looking thing gave me these puppy dog eyes and called my name from the shelf.

It was so yummy! I don't know if stupid is the right word, more like love/hate.

I think my list would be endless as my spending habits have always been reckless and impulsive but c'est la vie.I'm not in debt or suffering so:) Stupidest thing in the past couple of years tha tI've bought, my car, two door, never again! Next time I'm going to be practical and not just go for looks, lol!

I love how you always word things Jabba :), and can most certainly relate to vet bills, ugh, but always worth it:)

I believe in living without regret, so I try not to regret any purchase I've made, but a used Ford Taurus that I purchased in 1995 when my wife crashed our Volkswagen was the worst purchase ever. We only kept it for about two years and it had so many problems such as leaky coolant, a loose steering column, to name two examples -- (this was in spite of having a mechanic go over it and check it for problems before we bought it). I recall driving to work and suddenly there was white smoke coming from the engine... I made a second mistake of getting it fixed instead of getting rid of it right then and there.

I purchased a home, house from a friend so he could keep it from foreclosure(had a wife and kids too) ....well,, I'm still payin today after the marriage broke up !! At least I can rent it to cover the bills... hahaha

Pretty much anything I bought from "As seen on Tv" ads

I really do want a Slap Chop though ;)

Oh ya and the house I bought from my Grandpa and Grandma that my ex-wife figured she deserved and now owns.... that one I don't regret buying the house ......but regret buying the ex-wife a drink at a social the very first night we met which somehow led to lots of sex and a wedding ring and then no sex and a divorce...haha Apparently what was mine was actually hers !!! missed that memo

• Like 1

Guest Miss Jane TG

6" heels!

Converted to strict indoors usage! Not the best option for 5'8" tall gurl!

Pretty much anything I bought from "As seen on Tv" ads

I really do want a Slap Chop though ;)

Oh ya and the house I bought from my Grandpa and Grandma that my ex-wife figured she deserved and now owns.... that one I don't regret buying the house ......but regret buying the ex-wife a drink at a social the very first night we met which somehow led to lots of sex and a wedding ring and then no sex and a divorce...haha Apparently what was mine was actually hers !!! missed that memo

You have to get the slap chop I love mine!

I regret buying my iPhone don't get me wrong they are great phones but are not so great when you drop it in the lake :( I will probably really regret buying my second iPhone when I find a way to break this one too.

I regret checking messages/emails on my cell phone down in Florida last January. I figured a bit higher charges for roaming charges but holy f*ck, lets say they were high enough that the money could have been used for an encounter. And I wasn't on the phone all that long

Well maybe last night/this morning a regret buying (rescuing) my cat. He kept me up last night, so I locked him out of my room. This morning I found out how he entertained himself. Toilet paper pulled off the roll and the bathroom papered. Now he is lying on the back of the couch sleeping looking innocent as can be. Well no, don't really regret buying him though

Actually can't really think of any regrets

RG

6" heels!

Converted to strict indoors usage! Not the best option for 5'8" tall gurl!

Hear ya gurl. Wore mine out to the bar the other day and fell 4 times. Those around me said my falls were quite graceful and if they had a camera they would have gotten some great shots. You know the ones, one leg going one way and the other going the other way. Never again outdoors. I am still sore, especially when sitting down. But I love them, takes my short stature and I am amazingly tall and it feels so different to be tall.

xoxo

Stupidest thing I bought was a dumb sonic egg thing for my dog, He's a pup still, a Chihuahua, but he barks and barks. Being in an apartment building it's not the best thing for my neighbours :( So....I thought to get something to quiet him down and got suckered into buying this sonic dog egg that releases a high pitched sound every time he barks. Well, my dog, although dumb, can be pretty smart as he barks during each beep...so it doesn't faze him anymore, he's found a way around the sonic egg system. The egg lasted maybe......3 days :P

Stupidest thing I bought was a dumb sonic egg thing for my dog, He's a pup still, a Chihuahua, but he barks and barks. Being in an apartment building it's not the best thing for my neighbours :( So....I thought to get something to quiet him down and got suckered into buying this sonic dog egg that releases a high pitched sound every time he barks. Well, my dog, although dumb, can be pretty smart as he barks during each beep...so it doesn't faze him anymore, he's found a way around the sonic egg system. The egg lasted maybe......3 days :P

The best way to teach a dog not to bark, is to teach him WHEN to bark. Chihuahuas are the hardest to stop barking (have you seen Beverley Hills Chihuahuas? The whole point of the movie was about barking!). So, teach him to bark on command. Reward him each and every time he barks when you tell him (start outside at first). Then bring it into the house and teach him (when people are away). Always reward them when they bark on your command.

When this mission fails miserably, you can always blame me. After all, did I tell you I was a dog whisperer?????