How many others are getting calls from Pakistan and India regarding "software problems with your pc's".

"problem with the number of error messages being sent to microsoft"

"we are providing a software upgrade to Windows 7 to correct"

Only problem is....I have been running Apple products for 10 years, not touched a Microsoft product in that time.

My guess is that it is a SCAM, probably VIRUS laden.

So beware fellow Cerbites, they won't provide a return number or email address.

• Like 4

Guest sl*nt*ds*x

I always tell them I don't own a computer... Oddly enough the rate of calls I've received from them has dropped significantly.

I haven't had that one yet, but I do get emails from Nigeria saying that my Uncle has passed and left me a fortune. They need my bank number and password to deposit the funds into my account. That was so nice of them. I am a pasty white chap of Scottish/Norwegian descent. I had no idea I have Nigerian relatives!!!

• Like 2

I have received calls like this very often. Sometimes, I'd ask them to leave a phone no. to call them back - when I am in good mood. But, most of the time, I'd tell them to F*ck off!

• Like 1

My most favorite thing to do is to say "hold on a sec" and put the phone down. Then I go about my business and "forget" they are still on the line. Most hang up after 10 minutes, but the longest was 45 minutes.

• Like 2

I've received several of these calls as well (reminds me of this thread on internet scams).

Strange, as the time i mentioned that i ask "which PC is that that sends you signal about the O.S.? I use an Apple comp", they either insisted i look at my PC or mumble and hang up.

• Like 1

I get such joy wasting their time as well. I have not run Microsoft for years now but I work on them. So I play über-dumb and keep them on the phone as long as I can. Just trying to remember what I am supposed to see. Such fun.

• Like 1

Guest Ot**w***og****n

I just refer their calls to my spiritual advisor "Cowboy Kenny" and he deals with them for me. LOL

Edited by Ot**w***og****n